PDA

View Full Version : ESPN 1st NFL Power Rankings!

PHS Wildcats
05-28-2009, 08:18 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/powerranking...2009&week=0

Ex-Tiger2005
05-29-2009, 10:33 AM
eagles at #4? really!

Keith7
05-29-2009, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by Ex-Tiger2005
eagles at #4? really!

I was thinking the same thing! they should be 2 or 3..

Why would the NY Giants be ahead of them?? The Eagles beat them 2 out of 3 times last season and the Giants did nothing to get better this offseason

Emerson1
05-29-2009, 11:23 AM

Pick6
05-29-2009, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by Keith7

Why would the NY Giants be ahead of them?? The Eagles beat them 2 out of 3 times last season and the Giants did nothing to get better this offseason

The Giants get Osi back and signed Canty. Their defense will be better than last year.

Keith7
05-29-2009, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by Emerson1
Not sure how a franchise who has never won a championship could be that high.

Yea you would think a team that hasn't won a playoff game in more than 10 years couldn't be ranked 14th.. I think a team like that should probably be down with the browns and lions

Keith7
05-29-2009, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by Pick6
The Giants get Osi back and signed Canty. Their defense will be better than last year.

Osi will be good, but Canty? you really think he will make their defense that much better??

You have to remember that they still don't have an answer at receiver and Eli began to look like his old self towards the end of the season

Pick6
05-29-2009, 11:38 AM
Osi will be good, but Canty? you really think he will make their defense that much better??

You have to remember that they still don't have an answer at receiver and Eli began to look like his old self towards the end of the season

Yes Canty and Osi will make the defense better.

Hakeen Nicks is the replacement at WR.

crzyjournalist03
05-29-2009, 11:39 AM
Nothing like some good old-fashioned Power Ranking discussions during OTAs....:rolleyes:

Keith7
05-29-2009, 12:57 PM
Yes Canty and Osi will make the defense better.

Hakeen Nicks is the replacement at WR.

Nicks is no plaxico... Giants will be good but I don't see them being any better than 9-7

Electus Unus
05-29-2009, 01:02 PM
The Giants get Osi back and signed Canty. Their defense will be better than last year. They also lost their best receiver

Electus Unus
05-29-2009, 01:05 PM
1. Eagles
2. Giants
3. Cowboys(Tony Romo at QB and no true #1 receiver will make it a long year for the 'Boys 8-8)
4. Redskins

Ex-Tiger2005
05-29-2009, 01:08 PM

Well i was thinkin that was a stretch but yall got good points why they are up there!

Farmersfan
05-29-2009, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by Electus Unus
1. Eagles
2. Giants
3. Cowboys(Tony Romo at QB and no true #1 receiver will make it a long year for the 'Boys 8-8)
4. Redskins

If the Cowboys pick up a #1 receiver or even a decent second receiver they will win the East pretty easily. McNabb doesn't have the fire anymore and Westbrook spends more time hurt than not these days. The window has closed on the Eagles and the Giants. It's just now opening for the Cowboys. Dallas will have a rushing attack that could set new records and that will take a lot of the pressure off Romo and the receivers. I do agree Romo will have to make better decisions than he has the last couple of years.

Electus Unus
05-29-2009, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by Farmersfan
If the Cowboys pick up a #1 receiver or even a decent second receiver they will win the East pretty easily. McNabb doesn't have the fire anymore and Westbrook spends more time hurt than not these days. The window has closed on the Eagles and the Giants. It's just now opening for the Cowboys. Dallas will have a rushing attack that could set new records and that will take a lot of the pressure off Romo and the receivers. I do agree Romo will have to make better decisions than he has the last couple of years. So your a Cowboys fan? Awesome!

Keith7
05-29-2009, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by Farmersfan
If the Cowboys pick up a #1 receiver or even a decent second receiver they will win the East pretty easily. McNabb doesn't have the fire anymore and Westbrook spends more time hurt than not these days. The window has closed on the Eagles and the Giants. It's just now opening for the Cowboys. Dallas will have a rushing attack that could set new records and that will take a lot of the pressure off Romo and the receivers. I do agree Romo will have to make better decisions than he has the last couple of years.

The window has closed for a team a game away from the super bowl last year that had arguably the best draft of any team and filled in its holes with young studs??

If you think Roy Williams has any chance of being a legitimate no. 1 receiver, you are kidding yourself...Tony Romo is the perfect example of a person who chokes in big games.. Something he'll never get over..