PDA

View Full Version : College Softball

Bullaholic
05-28-2009, 12:39 PM
I thought of Phil C and P4S when I put this thread up---
The softball College World Series is going on right now in Oklahoma City. No Texas schools in it this year, however.

http://www.ncaa.com/brackets/2009/ncaa_bracket_DI_softball.html

pirate4state
05-28-2009, 01:13 PM
Should be a great series. Was able to watch a little of game 1. Will miss most of the games today though. :(

Bullaholic
05-28-2009, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Should be a great series. Was able to watch a little of game 1. Will miss most of the games today though. :(

Shame...Hope you get to see some good games later on.

It still looks to me like the girls throw that softball as fast as the guys throw a hardball. Maybe its just because the softball is bigger and it just looks that way. Would still love to watch a boy's baseball team play a good girl's softball team in a softball game. I think I would bet on the girls.

Somebody wanna ask Pancho if he wants to see a game like this?:D

pirate4state
05-28-2009, 01:21 PM
I watched a show on FoxSports where Jenni Finch was pitching to some MLB players and they either struck out or kept fouling off her pitches. haha.

I'm sure given enough time the boys would eventually catch up. ;)

KngKongInDTrunk
05-28-2009, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
I watched a show on FoxSports where Jenni Finch was pitching to some MLB players and they either struck out or kept fouling off her pitches. haha.

I'm sure given enough time the boys would eventually catch up. ;)

It was a college guy. Basically baseball players brains aren't trained enough to see the ball delivered from a softball pitchers angle. Its always fun to have our guy coaches hit against our softball coach or pitchers.we usually try to do to much and throw all fundamentals out the window trying to hit it over the fence.

WildTexan972
05-28-2009, 03:11 PM
it's funny to watch those growed up college girls doin the dugout cheers they learned as 9 yr olds in the youth leagues even in the WS on ESPN before the entire world....