PDA

View Full Version : Hey BreckTxLonghorn

Ranger Mom
05-28-2009, 10:55 AM
If you are going to be at the state track meet.....you really need to join us and not watch us from "a far".

You will find that we are just a fun bunch of people to hang out with.

I always hate it when a poster says, "I saw y'all, but was too scared to join in."

PLEASE...if you see a group of us, join in! The more the merrier and we love meeting the posters....

Don't we y'all???????

Well...all except for a few.....like ole S&S!!!:p (The Fab 4 will understand that!!);)

pirate4state
05-28-2009, 10:59 AM
ROFL :spitlol: I've already made arrangements to meet the infamous & now wanted Pancho Villa! WOO HOO

This means that we will also get to meet scrub C. :D

I'm looking forward to spilling $4.50 water! :thumbsup:

Ranger Mom
05-28-2009, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
ROFL :spitlol: I've already made arrangements to meet the infamous & now wanted Pancho Villa! WOO HOO

This means that we will also get to meet scrub C. :D

I'm looking forward to spilling $4.50 water! :thumbsup:

What are the plans? Are we all gonna try and sit together at the 3A meet?

I think we need to seek Black Magic out and all go up and introduce ourselves!!:p

BreckTxLonghorn
05-28-2009, 11:01 AM
RM Check'em. It will allll make sense soon!

pirate4state
05-28-2009, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
What are the plans? Are we all gonna try and sit together at the 3A meet?

I think we need to seek Black Magic out and all go up and introduce ourselves!!:p

The plans are to go up to him & say hi :D

beyond that, I don't know.

Ranger Mom
05-28-2009, 11:06 AM
The plans are to go up to him & say hi :D

beyond that, I don't know.

When yall (you and T) figure out what you are doing, just let me know!

I know Jimmy wants to get there fairly early Saturday so he can snag him a good seat on the finish line!!

pirate4state
05-28-2009, 11:08 AM
When yall (you and T) figure out what you are doing, just let me know!

I know Jimmy wants to get there fairly early Saturday so he can snag him a good seat on the finish line!!

Wanna meet for breakfast?

Ranger Mom
05-28-2009, 11:10 AM

That sounds good!

I will have to get Bo and Ashton up and moving...(they like their sleep) and we have to completely pack up and be out of our room, since we are changing motels that night. (what a pain in the butt!!)

So yeah....breakfast sounds good. Are you coming in Friday night or Saturday morning?

BreckTxLonghorn
05-28-2009, 11:11 AM

You all should try Kerbey Lane!

pirate4state
That sounds good!

I will have to get Bo and Ashton up and moving...(they like their sleep) and we have to completely pack up and be out of our room, since we are changing motels that night. (what a pain in the butt!!)

So yeah....breakfast sounds good. Are you coming in Friday night or Saturday morning?

I'll know for sure this Saturday. I'll let ya know.

pirate4state
Originally posted by BreckTxLonghorn
You all should try Kerbey Lane! I think you should buy us breakfast! :D

Ranger Mom
05-28-2009, 11:13 AM
I think you should buy us breakfast! :D

That sounds like a good idea!!:thumbsup:

Breck....where is Kerbey Lane? What do they serve??

BreckTxLonghorn
05-28-2009, 11:13 AM
I think you should buy us breakfast! :D

Then it should be $1 breakfast tacos at El Arroyo!

pirate4state
05-28-2009, 11:14 AM
Then it should be $1 breakfast tacos at El Arroyo! I dunno, Ranger Mom might have an identity crisis if we feed her tacos that she thinks are suppose to be burritos! :D

Ranger Mom
05-28-2009, 11:15 AM
Then it should be $1 breakfast tacos at El Arroyo!

You meant to say..."breakfast burritos"...didn't ya??:p

Ranger Mom
05-28-2009, 11:15 AM
I dunno, Ranger Mom might have an identity crisis if we feed her tacos that she thinks are suppose to be burritos! :D

ROFL! I told you to STAY OUT of my head!!!

pirate4state
05-28-2009, 11:17 AM
ROFL! I told you to STAY OUT of my head!!! HAHAHAHAHA sorry it's one of THOSE days! :D

BreckTxLonghorn
05-28-2009, 11:18 AM
That sounds like a good idea!!:thumbsup:

Breck....where is Kerbey Lane? What do they serve??

There's multiple locations. One on South Lamar, one on Guadalaupe, one on Kerbey (35th street), and one on 183/anderson mill). They're all 24 hours.

It serves a little of everything, but I only do breakfast there. HUGE pancakes is what they're known for. I always get the Paris, TX platters (migas & French Toast), sometimes with a side of one pancakes if I'm starving. Also, really good coffee (though it may be the atmosphere for me).

PS - Its super hippy, so if you're expecting impeccable decor and servers who look like they've bathed in the past 24 hours, you're out of luck.

BreckTxLonghorn
05-28-2009, 11:19 AM
I dunno, Ranger Mom might have an identity crisis if we feed her tacos that she thinks are suppose to be burritos! :D

It's Austin. It's tacos!

Soft flour tortilas stuffed with breakfast food. That's a taco if you ask me.

CHS_CG
05-28-2009, 11:22 AM
Ok I need to know what time to be in Austin.... if we are having breakfast how early are we doing this??? I wont be able to come in on friday night... not enough money for a hotel room for friday and saturday.... so ill be driving in saturday morning... just need to know how early!

CHS_CG
05-28-2009, 11:23 AM

So yeah....breakfast sounds good.

Maybe we can go to a waffle house and see some more old ladies in curlers lol

Ranger Mom
05-28-2009, 11:37 AM
I want to stop somewhere in between the hotel and the track. I don't want to have to drive around looking for a particular place.

Just something that is between Point "A" and Point "B" is good for me!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v255/RangerMom1/map-1.jpg

BreckTxLonghorn
05-28-2009, 11:45 AM
I want to stop somewhere in between the hotel and the track. I don't want to have to drive around looking for a particular place.

There's an IHOP on 35& Cesar Chavez, and most likely a Waffle House near your hotel. Those are most likely your best bets without having to drive around too much.

pirate4state
05-28-2009, 11:47 AM

Where is your sense of adventure?

CHS_CG
05-28-2009, 11:50 AM
I saw a place called The Green Mesquite on Diners Drive-ins and Dives Monday night... How far away is that from where our general location? It looked REALLY good!

Ranger Mom
05-28-2009, 11:51 AM
Where is your sense of adventure?

I dont wanna miss the first couple of races like we did last year!

I want to leave myself plenty of time to find a place to eat, find a place to park and find a seat!!

BreckTxLonghorn
05-28-2009, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by CHS_CG
I saw a place called The Green Mesquite on Diners Drive-ins and Dives Monday night... How far away is that from where our general location? It looked REALLY good!

Never eaten there, but its not too far away. I35 to Riverside West, left on Barton all the way to the place. Probably 10-15 minutes round trip detour, depending on lights.

pirate4state
05-28-2009, 11:55 AM

I want to leave myself plenty of time to find a place to eat, find a place to park and find a seat!!

:devil:
check your PMs

CHS_CG
05-28-2009, 11:57 AM
Never eaten there, but its not too far away. I35 to Riverside West, left on Barton all the way to the place. Probably 10-15 minutes round trip detour, depending on lights.

It looked soooooo good... every plate they showed was huge and Im lookin at the menu right now and there is hardly anything over $10.00... and frankly when foodnetwork does a show on a place... ya cant go wrong with it!

BreckTxLonghorn
05-28-2009, 11:58 AM

Are you a walker?

Ranger Mom
05-28-2009, 01:00 PM
Are you a walker?

Have you been talking to Lion_Addict??

Oh wait....you said walker..not stalker!!

Umm....I know how to walk!! What are you getting at??

stangGirl2007
05-28-2009, 01:08 PM
Where in the world is my Dad during all of this track meet convo??? I was wanting him to go so maybe he could use his gas to get there and oh I don't know...perhaps provide me with food as well. :D

Ranger Mom
05-28-2009, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by stangGirl2007
Where in the world is my Dad during all of this track meet convo??? I was wanting him to go so maybe he could use his gas to get there and oh I don't know...perhaps provide me with food as well. :D

That's my Megs.....always thinkin' about food!!

I don't remember seeing your dad on in the past few days!!

pirate4state
05-28-2009, 01:14 PM

Tell him to bring extra water. You know I'll only spill mine!

stangGirl2007
05-28-2009, 01:20 PM
Tell him to bring extra water. You know I'll only spill mine!

Maybe we should bring an extra case of water for you?? It gives you room to spill more. However if we want to conserve water and keep you from spilling...maybe Kissa will let you borrow one of her sippy cups.

pirate4state
05-28-2009, 01:24 PM
Maybe we should bring an extra case of water for you?? It gives you room to spill more. However if we want to conserve water and keep you from spilling...maybe Kissa will let you borrow one of her sippy cups. She won't be there, but that's not a bad idea. In fact, I blame the concession people for not supplying a lid if they are gonna charge $4.50 for water! :mad:

stangGirl2007
05-28-2009, 01:25 PM
She won't be there, but that's not a bad idea. In fact, I blame the concession people for not supplying a lid if they are gonna charge $4.50 for water! :mad:

That would probably be an extra $2.75

Ranger Mom
05-28-2009, 01:28 PM
Remember, I will have pockets...I will try to sneak a sippy in for Rita!!:D

pirate4state
05-28-2009, 01:29 PM
Remember, I will have pockets...I will try to sneak a sippy in for Rita!!:D :helpme: :evillol:

BreckTxLonghorn
05-28-2009, 02:11 PM
Have you been talking to Lion_Addict??

Oh wait....you said walker..not stalker!!

Umm....I know how to walk!! What are you getting at??

There are multiple places you can WALK to from the stadium if you're willing to go a couple miles round trip!

Scholz's (duh)
El Mercado (fair food, awesome drinks)
Player's (one of the better burger joints in town)

Ranger Mom
05-28-2009, 02:17 PM
There are multiple places you can WALK to from the stadium if you're willing to go a couple miles round trip!

Scholz's (duh)
El Mercado (fair food, awesome drinks)
Player's (one of the better burger joints in town)

Oh! No, we will want to eat breakfast before we get there.....then when that session is over (I believe it's 12-3) we will have to go check in to our other room, grab some lunch and be back at the track at 6 for the 5A meet!

stangGirl2007
05-28-2009, 02:27 PM
Remember, I will have pockets...I will try to sneak a sippy in for Rita!!:D

Thanks Mom! You could bring snacks for everyone as well...just saying.

LH Panther Mom
05-28-2009, 09:53 PM
:eek: :eek: :eek: He nearly wet himself when I introduced myself! Are you wanting to cause him to have heart failure? :1popcorn: