PDA

View Full Version : Hows your team going to be this year?

Cameron Crazy
05-28-2009, 09:35 AM
We all know its about to be time for another year of ball. So, how do you see your team this year. Rebuilding year? Playoff year? Anything you have on them please let us all know.

BILLYFRED0000
05-28-2009, 09:36 AM
Honestly think things might be ok. Some rebuilding but not a start from scratch job. DB's might be interesting. And so might the Running back spots. Hard to replace Troy and Charlie. Both good up the gut runners that could break them loose on occasion.

LHexPlayer
05-28-2009, 09:39 AM
Originally posted by BILLYFRED0000
Honestly think things might be ok. Some rebuilding but not a start from scratch job. DB's might be interesting. And so might the Running back spots. Hard to replace Troy and Charlie. Both good up the gut runners that could break them loose on occasion.

Yep those two RBs will be tough to replace. Do you guys have your QB back next year?

crzyjournalist03
05-28-2009, 09:40 AM
My team will be better than yours.

Cameron Crazy
05-28-2009, 09:49 AM
I have a feeling we are going to be alot more solid than we were last year. And thats what we will have to be when competing against the powerhouse district we are in.

Look for Mccoy to do big things at the QB spot, the D will be better than they have been in a good while. If things work out right they should be pretty good this year. But, you never know.

44INAROW
05-28-2009, 09:52 AM
We'll have our QB back :) and returning Freshman RB - we will be reloading on the Line.. Will know more after some 7 on 7 action how the offense will pan out.

pirate4state
05-28-2009, 10:02 AM
QB tandem back, good core of WRs, soph RB, will need to replace some big shoes on the O-line and defense will be GOOD :)

Ex-Tiger2005
05-28-2009, 10:34 AM
we will need to rebuild our o-line but other than that i think we will stay pretty solid. its our district that makes it tough to judge, we got some really good teams.

BuckeyeNut
05-28-2009, 10:40 AM
Well have 29 seniors coming back. This years Gilmer Buckeyes are going to hard to keep up with.

Cameron Crazy
05-28-2009, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by Black Flag
Well have 29 seniors coming back. This years Gilmer Buckeyes are going to hard to keep up with. Sounds like it

Ex-Tiger2005
05-28-2009, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by Black Flag
Well have 29 seniors coming back. This years Gilmer Buckeyes are going to hard to keep up with.

man that will be tough to deal with

Cameron Crazy
05-28-2009, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by Ex-Tiger2005
man that will be tough to deal with Our distrcit should be intresting this year. What does Snyder have coming back?

Ex-Tiger2005
05-28-2009, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by Cameron Crazy
Our distrcit should be intresting this year. What does Snyder have coming back?

we have quite a bit coming back our o line and linebackers is where we will hurt. we lost all but 1 lineman i think and both linebackers(Brown and Hirt) are gone! Yall?

Cameron Crazy
05-28-2009, 10:56 AM
we have quite a bit coming back our o line and linebackers is where we will hurt. we lost all but 1 lineman i think and both linebackers(Brown and Hirt) are gone! Yall? We should be pretty strong on both sides. Alot better than we were last year. We didn't lose many, but one key player. He played gaurd. But, other than that we should be good.

Ex-Tiger2005
05-28-2009, 11:23 AM
We should be pretty strong on both sides. Alot better than we were last year. We didn't lose many, but one key player. He played gaurd. But, other than that we should be good.

Is that running back gone or was he a jr. last year. he was a tough runner!

BILLYFRED0000
05-28-2009, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by LHexPlayer
Yep those two RBs will be tough to replace. Do you guys have your QB back next year?

Yes we do. Actually have two very good QB's. One just runs a little better than the other. The other throws a beautiful ball accurately. Both capable. Do have one very good fast back coming up. Played some varsity last year. Ran an 11.2 as an 8th grader in the 100. Solid kid good grades. If we can find a bull in the closet we might be really solid in the running game.

Cameron Crazy
05-28-2009, 11:28 AM
Is that running back gone or was he a jr. last year. he was a tough runner! Yes, he will be back. He can run and hit the hole hard. Should see some big things from him this year.

Ex-Tiger2005
05-28-2009, 11:32 AM
Yes, he will be back. He can run and hit the hole hard. Should see some big things from him this year.

Yea he was tough my lil bro went to TCU camp with him and said he was a real cool guy. that will be drive to graham this yr.

Cameron Crazy
05-28-2009, 11:37 AM
Yea he was tough my lil bro went to TCU camp with him and said he was a real cool guy. that will be drive to graham this yr. We have a great field, but, we should have used our heads and built more seating. I mean we have two of the biggest bleacher companies in the world in our town and we can't get more seating? They probably would have donated if it would have been brought up. But, other than that we have a great field.

LHexPlayer
05-28-2009, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by BILLYFRED0000
Yes we do. Actually have two very good QB's. One just runs a little better than the other. The other throws a beautiful ball accurately. Both capable. Do have one very good fast back coming up. Played some varsity last year. Ran an 11.2 as an 8th grader in the 100. Solid kid good grades. If we can find a bull in the closet we might be really solid in the running game.

It might not be a bad idea to move that Qb you guys played against us and move him to RB. He had some balance and wheels on him.

Electus Unus
05-28-2009, 11:42 AM
Should win district...deep run

"Brownwood will win state"
-Rocket

piratebg
05-28-2009, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
QB tandem back, good core of WRs, soph RB, will need to replace some big shoes on the O-line and defense will be GOOD :)

Sounds promising. :)

Ex-Tiger2005
05-28-2009, 01:17 PM
We have a great field, but, we should have used our heads and built more seating. I mean we have two of the biggest bleacher companies in the world in our town and we can't get more seating? They probably would have donated if it would have been brought up. But, other than that we have a great field.

Yea I think Snyder needs to renovate their seating cuz its pretty bad on the home side, it felt like a sardine can every game.

TarponFanInNorthTexas
05-28-2009, 02:11 PM
Port Isabel is returning their entire backfield and receiving corps on offense, but only 1 returning on the offensive line. The feature RB is a big boy too. 6'1" and 195 and runs a 4.6, so the backfield this upcoming season will be more "power" oriented than finesse or speed like the last several years were. The offense CAN move the ball, though the last few seasons, the offensive line has been incredibly suspect with silly holding, blocks in the back, personal fouls, etc. etc. which will KILL drives.

Defensively the Tarpons will be fine. 3/4 of the Secondary return along with the entire LB corps and 1 DE.

Hopefully the Tarpons will rebound from a shocking and incredibly uncharacteristic 4-6 season, as this upcoming group of Seniors is the group that had previously been tearing teams apart through Junior High, Freshman, and JV.

This year's JV team went 8-2, swept the district and took the title. Losses were to 4A Edcouch-Elsa, and a close loss to 5A Mission Sharyland JV (22-20) so holes that need to be filled look to be in capable hands.

pancho villa
05-28-2009, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by TarponFanInNorthTexas
Port Isabel is returning their entire backfield and receiving corps on offense, but only 1 returning on the offensive line. The feature RB is a big boy too. 6'1" and 195 and runs a 4.6, so the backfield this upcoming season will be more "power" oriented than finesse or speed like the last several years were. The offense CAN move the ball, though the last few seasons, the offensive line has been incredibly suspect with silly holding, blocks in the back, personal fouls, etc. etc. which will KILL drives.

Defensively the Tarpons will be fine. 3/4 of the Secondary return along with the entire LB corps and 1 DE.

Hopefully the Tarpons will rebound from a shocking and incredibly uncharacteristic 4-6 season, as this upcoming group of Seniors is the group that had previously been tearing teams apart through Junior High, Freshman, and JV.

This year's JV team went 8-2, swept the district and took the title. Losses were to 4A Edcouch-Elsa, and a close loss to 5A Mission Sharyland JV (22-20) so holes that need to be filled look to be in capable hands.

Is this 6 man football?

WildTexan972
05-28-2009, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by LHexPlayer
It might not be a bad idea to move that Qb you guys played against us and move him to RB. He had some balance and wheels on him.

sir -

it is inappropriate to bring up good ideas about Celina football unless you are an active member of the QB Club here in town....trust me - I know....end of last season I mentioned this very idea and got several mean PMs that almost hurt my feelings....or they might have had I bothered to read them...our returning QB would indeed be a good RB, since the backup QB is a much better passer....and as Fred said (my rhyme for the day) the returning Fr RB will be incredible by the time his career is over....late in the year Celina was able to play several RBs to get them some experience while the big 2 got to rest, and several of those backup RBs will also be available to play as DBs as well....

Celina also has a massive OL kid that will be a soph next season and may well be all-state, and of course we do have an all-state caliber LB returning as a senior, so Celina should be playing for a 9th title again this next season.....

GrTigers6
05-28-2009, 07:35 PM
We have a great field, but, we should have used our heads and built more seating. I mean we have two of the biggest bleacher companies in the world in our town and we can't get more seating? They probably would have donated if it would have been brought up. But, other than that we have a great field. Get some parking when you get the bleachers. :D :D :D

I_DONT_CARE
05-29-2009, 06:07 PM
I'M SURE WE WILL SUCK AS USUAL. :rolleyes: ALTHOUGH I HEAR WE GOT A MOVE IN WHO IS SUPPOSED TO RUN A 5.15 40, SO AT LEAST WE'LL HAVE SOME SPEED NOW.

garciap77
05-29-2009, 06:23 PM
Originally posted by I_DONT_CARE
I'M SURE WE WILL SUCK AS USUAL. :rolleyes: ALTHOUGH I HEAR WE GOT A MOVE IN WHO IS SUPPOSED TO RUN A 5.15 40, SO AT LEAST WE'LL HAVE SOME SPEED NOW.

Is that seconds?

lulu
05-29-2009, 06:32 PM
We will show up every Friday..........

I_DONT_CARE
05-29-2009, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by garciap77
Is that seconds?
:mad: ARE YOU MAKING FUN OF OUR TEAM?

THEY CAN'T HELP IT! THEY ARE SLOW, WEAK AND NOT VERY SMART, BUT AT LEAST THE UNIFORMS ARE PRETTY NICE.

garciap77
05-30-2009, 12:15 AM
:mad: ARE YOU MAKING FUN OF OUR TEAM?

THEY CAN'T HELP IT! THEY ARE SLOW, WEAK AND NOT VERY SMART, BUT AT LEAST THE UNIFORMS ARE PRETTY NICE.

Can you post a picture of your team?

I_DONT_CARE
05-30-2009, 07:24 AM
Can you post a picture of your team?
http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/6442/mensballetflightfull.jpg

I_Do_Care
05-30-2009, 07:57 AM
:rolleyes:

garciap77
05-30-2009, 08:02 AM

Is that your QB? Looks like he can jump!

garciap77
05-30-2009, 08:04 AM
Originally posted by I_Do_Care
:rolleyes:

I do Care! Can you post picture of your team? And do you think your team can beat I don't Care's team?

DDBooger
05-30-2009, 09:47 AM
why is the fin in your avatar Orange?

IHStangFan
05-30-2009, 11:36 AM
Is that your QB? Looks like he can jump! Agreed....I suspect there is better than a 5.15 in that group. :D

garciap77
05-30-2009, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by DDBooger
why is the fin in your avatar Orange?

That's BobCatBenny, when he used to be a shark! Then, he messed with the Wylie Bulldogs and the rest is history!:D

;)

garciap77
05-30-2009, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
Agreed....I suspect there is better than a 5.15 in that group. :D

Hey! IHStangFan! How have you been? How things overseas?:)