PDA

View Full Version : My 1st Moderator Request

44INAROW
05-27-2009, 10:48 PM
As most of you'll know, I am very new to the Moderator position, so I am kinda/sorta just sitting back and taking notes (unless I am PM'd by someone to "fix" something or stuff like that) I am not on here to be 'in charge" "enlarge my ego" "throw my weight around" that's just not me.

Those of you that know me "personally" know that I really don't like to make tough decisions either. I certainly don't want to have to ROM someone :( There are some topics that get my motor running but I am learning to stay away from commenting on them (mainly so LHPM, RM, Tony or Admin doesn't have to ROM me) :D :D

Now for my request :)
PLEASE - NO MORE PIT-BULL THREADS. THERE ARE POSTERS THAT ARE PRO PIT-BULLS AND POSTERS THAT ARE CON PIT-BULLS AND NO AMOUNT OF CUSSING AND DISCUSSING IS GOING TO CHANGE IT

I know now is the "offseason" for football - and with baseball, softball and track winding down, June and July are going to be S L O W sports months and I am sure there will be plenty of off-topic threads. Heck, I'll probably participate/start in 50% of them :) I assume we as moderators will be more lax in that respect on the "main forum" but come Aug 1st and the beginning of 2 @ days, it's going to be business as usual. The non-sports topics should be discussed on the non-sports forum. If you forget and post on the "sports forum" a moderator will simply move it, no one is in trouble, the thread is just moved to where it belongs. I am sure alot of you'll are laughing that I am making this request since 75% (or more) of my posts lately have been non-sports (dang Bullaholic and his food topics lol) but I think you know what I am getting at.
Please don't talk about Pit-Bulls anymore - :p
Now back to business...........

Does anyone have a good recipe for peach cobbler? :D :D :D :D

CHS_CG
05-27-2009, 10:55 PM
I 2nd that

sinton66
05-27-2009, 11:00 PM
I have two recipes for Peach Cobbler. One is Marie Calender's and the other is the HEB generic one.:D

Ranger Mom
05-27-2009, 11:04 PM
Originally posted by sinton66
I have two recipes for Peach Cobbler. One is Marie Calender's and the other is the HEB generic one.:D

Hey! I have those same recipes!!!

kepdawg
05-27-2009, 11:05 PM
I was not aware that pit bulls like peach cobbler.

piratebg
05-27-2009, 11:05 PM
Congrats on the first request :clap: :p :clap:

44INAROW
05-27-2009, 11:06 PM

The Marie Calender's is really good but the HEB generic one is too.. even better when served warm with cool whip on it ;)

Originally posted by kepdawg
I was not aware that pit bulls like peach cobbler.

only if it's warm......... :p

sinton66
05-27-2009, 11:07 PM
Or warm with Blue bell Homemade Vanilla or Vanilla Bean.

slingshot
05-28-2009, 12:31 AM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
...Does anyone have a good recipe for peach cobbler? :D :D :D :D Had to get a little grin (and almost a tear) when I read this one... my dear departed mother (absolutely the best cook in the world and who made the best peach cobbler I've ever stuck a spoon in) was often asked for her cobbler recipe. Her answer was always the same: "Just follow any recipe you want, add another cup of sugar and another stick of butter and it'll be just right!"
You might try that... :)

lulu
05-28-2009, 12:54 AM
Which sport mascot is peach cobbler?:D

Electus Unus
05-28-2009, 12:59 AM
how about those akitas!

SWMustang
05-28-2009, 01:07 AM
I like breathing air. Why don't we limit threads to that topic. :)

This was one of the first message boards I posted on and I'll always check in. It's kind of like a message board with training wheels. It's just frustrating that often when two people disagree (respectfully) the thread is locked. Growth and creativity are stifled in that environment.

Footballhudini
05-28-2009, 02:49 AM
As most of you'll know, I am very new to the Moderator position, so I am kinda/sorta just sitting back and taking notes (unless I am PM'd by someone to "fix" something or stuff like that) I am not on here to be 'in charge" "enlarge my ego" "throw my weight around" that's just not me.

Those of you that know me "personally" know that I really don't like to make tough decisions either. I certainly don't want to have to ROM someone :( There are some topics that get my motor running but I am learning to stay away from commenting on them (mainly so LHPM, RM, Tony or Admin doesn't have to ROM me) :D :D

PLEASE - NO MORE PIT-BULL THREADS. THERE ARE POSTERS THAT ARE PRO PIT-BULLS AND POSTERS THAT ARE CON PIT-BULLS AND NO AMOUNT OF CUSSING AND DISCUSSING IS GOING TO CHANGE IT

I know now is the "offseason" for football - and with baseball, softball and track winding down, June and July are going to be S L O W sports months and I am sure there will be plenty of off-topic threads. Heck, I'll probably participate/start in 50% of them :) I assume we as moderators will be more lax in that respect on the "main forum" but come Aug 1st and the beginning of 2 @ days, it's going to be business as usual. The non-sports topics should be discussed on the non-sports forum. If you forget and post on the "sports forum" a moderator will simply move it, no one is in trouble, the thread is just moved to where it belongs. I am sure alot of you'll are laughing that I am making this request since 75% (or more) of my posts lately have been non-sports (dang Bullaholic and his food topics lol) but I think you know what I am getting at.

LOL hudini has a scar on his left knee from a pitbull attack tbh.

sinton66
05-28-2009, 06:02 AM
Originally posted by SWMustang
I like breathing air. Why don't we limit threads to that topic. :)

This was one of the first message boards I posted on and I'll always check in. It's kind of like a message board with training wheels. It's just frustrating that often when two people disagree (respectfully) the thread is locked. Growth and creativity are stifled in that environment.

Once it dissolves into name calling, there's no point to it remaining open. All that happens after that is a game of one-upsmanship with the insults. Who needs that?

SWMustang
05-28-2009, 08:12 AM
Once it dissolves into name calling, there's no point to it remaining open. All that happens after that is a game of one-upsmanship with the insults. Who needs that?

You stepped in and stopped the name calling. There were 81 posts in that thread so it had some merit. Surely, there's room for more middle ground on this issue.

Phil C
05-28-2009, 08:29 AM
:(

Phil C
05-28-2009, 08:30 AM
July isn't too bad. Remember the Tour de France is going on most of the month and besides seeing breath taking edge of the seat bicycle racing we get to see the beautiful France scenery as well as neighboring countries. And when they are in the mountains and they show down looking scenes with clouds below you when you look down it is awesome indeed!

garciap77
05-28-2009, 08:36 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
July isn't too bad. Remember the Tour de France is going on most of the month and besides seeing breath taking edge of the seat bicycle racing we get to see the beautiful France scenery as well as neighboring countries. And when they are in the mountains and they show down looking scenes with clouds below you when you look down it is awesome indeed!

http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-transport030.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org)

Bullaholic
05-28-2009, 09:09 AM
When preparing the peaches for the cobbler, be sure to check for a PIT, and that's no BULL. :D

(I'm helping you all I can, 44') :inlove:

scrub c
05-28-2009, 09:17 AM
good one...

44INAROW
05-28-2009, 09:18 AM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
When preparing the peaches for the cobbler, be sure to check for a PIT, and that's no BULL. :D

(I'm helping you all I can, 44') :inlove:

now that's funny :D

BILLYFRED0000
05-28-2009, 09:31 AM
Well I have Boxers and they like me. So I feed them blackberry cobbler from Lucy's here in Celina when I get too full to finish. It is the best.

pirate4state
05-28-2009, 09:32 AM

Does anyone have a good recipe for peach cobbler? :D :D :D :D WELL DONE! (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=94803)

Can you feel the love?

crzyjournalist03
05-28-2009, 09:32 AM
I think we should make an official change to rule #4 and have it read as follows:

4). No political/religious topics or discussions about pit bulls.
Political topics involving American political parties and their current candidates for office (or those already elected and/or currently serving) and religious topics are forbidden. Both of these generally invoke problems and sometimes cause hard feelings. Also, pit bull discussions always go into the gutter quickly, so don't talk about them. We really don't care what your opinion is regarding pit bulls, and we don't think it should affect your existence on a sports-related message board.

It could become a great inside joke that would make newbies really question things when they're getting ready to sign up!

44INAROW
05-28-2009, 09:35 AM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
I think we should make an official change to rule #4 and have it read as follows:

It could become a great inside joke that would make newbies really question things when they're getting ready to sign up!

good stuff Crazy

Originally posted by pirate4state
WELL DONE! (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=94803)

Can you feel the love?

There are some topics that get my motor running but I am learning to stay away from commenting on them

:D :D :D

crzyjournalist03
05-28-2009, 09:39 AM
good stuff Crazy

Thank you...another idea that I've seen other boards do, but I'm not sure if this board has the capabilities...

Use the auto-profanity filter to search for the words "pit bull" "pitbull" or other variations of the word and change them all to "unicorn". Then, people will look at threads and wonder why there's 81 comments debating whether unicorns make good pets or if they'll eat your children.

Sweetwater Red
05-28-2009, 09:40 AM
Hey 44IAR see my sig? I always mean what I say and say what I
mean. Okay that's not true. Well it is sometimes....am I rambling?:D

44INAROW
05-28-2009, 09:42 AM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
mean. Okay that's not true. Well it is sometimes....am I rambling?:D

A man with a sense of humor - excellent... ;)

pirate4state
05-28-2009, 09:42 AM
Thank you...another idea that I've seen other boards do, but I'm not sure if this board has the capabilities...

Use the auto-profanity filter to search for the words "pit bull" "pitbull" or other variations of the word and change them all to "unicorn". Then, people will look at threads and wonder why there's 81 comments debating whether unicorns make good pets or if they'll eat your children.

FOR CRYING OUT LOUD! :D :D :D

Ranger Mom
05-28-2009, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
FOR CRYING OUT LOUD! :D :D :D

ROFL!! That was what I was gonna post!!!:p

ronwx5x
05-28-2009, 10:29 AM

4). No political/religious topics or discussions about pit bulls.
Political topics involving American political parties and their current candidates for office (or those already elected and/or currently serving) and religious topics are forbidden. Both of these generally invoke problems and sometimes cause hard feelings. Also, pit bull discussions always go into the gutter quickly, so don't talk about them. We really don't care what your opinion is regarding pit bulls, and we don't think it should affect your existence on a sports-related message board.

Don't forget gun threads!:stirpot:

SintonFan
05-28-2009, 11:54 AM

ROFL!
:clap: :clap: :D

AP Panther Fan
06-01-2009, 11:13 AM

Does anyone have a good recipe for peach cobbler?

Congratulations Lorey on the Mod position! When I read this though, I have to tell you....it cracked me up! This post is in your usual "short-story" format. heeheehee....

The folks around here should probably learn not to upset you (as a lengthy response might be in order)....;) :D

Ranger Mom
06-01-2009, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan

The folks around here should probably learn not to upset you (as a lengthy response might be in order)....;) :D

That made me grin!!!;) :p

44INAROW
06-01-2009, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
Congratulations Lorey on the Mod position! When I read this though, I have to tell you....it cracked me up! This post is in your usual "short-story" format. heeheehee....

believe or not, this WAS the condensed version :D :D :D :D

AP Panther Fan
06-01-2009, 11:20 AM
believe or not, this WAS the condensed version :D :D :D :D

:evillol: :evillol: :evillol: :wave:

K-MAC Chuck
06-01-2009, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
mean. Okay that's not true. Well it is sometimes....

Whoa, bro!!

Take 2 peach cobblers and call me in the morning...:cool:

K-MAC Chuck
06-01-2009, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by Bullaholic

I needed THAT laugh this morning - thanks!

K-MAC Chuck
06-01-2009, 11:27 AM

Hey Lori/Lorey (I've seen it 3 ways this morning)..

I can help you with lasagna and peaut-butter/chocolate chip cookies...but cobbler isn't in the official Italian-Grandmother-Recipe-Handown rotation! sorry...;)

44INAROW
06-01-2009, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by K-MAC Chuck
Hey Lori/Lorey (I've seen it 3 ways this morning)..

I can help you with lasagna and peaut-butter/chocolate chip cookies...but cobbler isn't in the official Italian-Grandmother-Recipe-Handown rotation! sorry...;)

It's Lorey but as long as they spell it right on my paycheck, I don't usually mind :D

peanut butter/chocolate chip cookies sound good right now ;)

sinton66
06-01-2009, 06:15 PM
Originally posted by SWMustang
You stepped in and stopped the name calling. There were 81 posts in that thread so it had some merit. Surely, there's room for more middle ground on this issue.

The originator of the thread also asked for it to be closed, did you miss that part?

SWMustang
06-01-2009, 07:26 PM
The originator of the thread also asked for it to be closed, did you miss that part?

He should be rommed for starting threads and then requesting they be closed. ;)

mustang04
06-01-2009, 07:32 PM
I like unicorns:)

44INAROW
06-01-2009, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by mustang04
I like unicorns:)

pink ones? :D :D

sinton66
06-01-2009, 08:11 PM
I like Tortilla Burgers.

mustang04
06-01-2009, 08:18 PM
pink ones? :D :D

nahhhh....purple with pink horns...galloping along rainbows made of sugar-dust.....Oh I wish I woulda got one when I turned 16 :(