PDA

View Full Version : Top 25 End of Next Season

Bullaholic
05-27-2009, 01:08 PM
We need something to get our "teeth" into---Which of these 3ADL Top 25 teams will be on this list at the end of next season?
Which ones will be added? Which ones won't make the list?

3A Downlow FINAL Top 25 (11/12/08):
PLACE...TEAM...TOTAL POINTS...(FIRST PLACE VOTES) {Previous Ranking}
1. West Orange-Stark 495 (1) {2}
2. Liberty Hill 493 (13) {1}
3. Gilmer 464 (2) {5}
4. China Spring 445 (1) {4}
5. Navasota 435 {3}
6. Bridgeport 430 (2) {6}
7. Abilene Wylie 367 (1) {8}
8. Cuero 338 {10}
9. Prosper 328 {11}
10. Carthage 322 {9}
11. La Vega 308 (1) {7}
12. Burkburnett 258 {13}
13. La Vernia 236 {15}
14. Cleveland 227 {14}
15. Sweetwater 224 {12}
16. Bellville 219 {17}
17. Tyler Chapel Hill 199 {16}
18. Celina 150 {20}
19. Sinton 140 {18}
20. Diboll 114 {23}
21. Giddings 109 {22}
22. Rockdale 87 {NR}
23. Texarkana Pleasant Grove 84 {19}
24. Bandera 74 {NR}
25. New Boston 50 {24}

***Also receiving votes: Caldwell 49, Argyle 33, Kennedale 27, Snyder 27, Monahans 26, Rio Hondo 14, Dallas Madison 13, Sealy 7, Cameron Yoe 6, Van 6, Kaufman 4, Silsbee 2, Greenwood 1, Llano 1, Seminole 1, Sweeny 1***

Ex-Tiger2005
05-27-2009, 01:18 PM
i gotta say we should at least break the top 25

Bullaholic
05-27-2009, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by Ex-Tiger2005
i gotta say we should at least break the top 25

You know ExT05---after all the sand you guys have had kicked in your faces over the years....I'm going to root for you guys to do that.

Ex-Tiger2005
05-27-2009, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
You know ExT05---after all the sand you guys have had kicked in your faces over the years....I'm going to root for you guys to do that.

what do you mean?

waterboy
05-27-2009, 01:35 PM
I'll bet Mexia will be there. They are top 25 material now. They have the majority of their star players back, and they have speed to burn.

charlesrixey
05-27-2009, 01:36 PM
Argyle

Bullaholic
05-27-2009, 01:40 PM
what do you mean?

I may be going from memory--so correct me if I am wrong, but I have read some posts in the past that have insinuated that LaMesa gets beat every year by almost everyone---those are not my thoughts, and as I said--I may be completely wrong, and if so, I apologize. If correct, I would like to see a team that has not had a winning history in a while be able to rise up among some of the top teams.

Lion_Addict
05-27-2009, 01:42 PM
Well Duh......the Shipley era begins. The WOOD will be in there. Especially after taking 2-3A down :devil: .
Be sure and save this now, heh heh!! :evillol:

:taunt:

Bullaholic
05-27-2009, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by Lion_Addict
Well Duh......the Shipley era begins. The WOOD will be in there. Especially after taking 2-3A down :devil: .

I'm going to agree with you LA--I think that is a reasonable prediction for the Lions next season, except maybe for the "taking 2-3A down" part.

Trashman
05-27-2009, 01:53 PM
Brownwood cracks that list easily.:rolleyes: :inlove:

pirate4state
05-27-2009, 01:54 PM
What does China Spring have coming back?

charlesrixey
05-27-2009, 01:56 PM
I may be going from memory--so correct me if I am wrong, but I have read some posts in the past that have insinuated that LaMesa gets beat every year by almost everyone---those are not my thoughts, and as I said--I may be completely wrong, and if so, I apologize. If correct, I would like to see a team that has not had a winning history in a while be able to rise up among some of the top teams.

LaMesa was a semifinalist not that long ago

Bullaholic
05-27-2009, 01:57 PM
I think Monahans will be somewhere in the top half of this list at the end of next season. Graham will also be a Top 25 team.

Ex-Tiger2005
05-27-2009, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by charlesrixey
LaMesa was a semifinalist not that long ago

yea thats right! lamesa doesnt have the talent they used to. they got a good talent coming in junior thru frosh

Ex-Tiger2005
05-27-2009, 02:47 PM

well i was talkin about the snyder tigers but i hope lamesa can finally win too. i live in lamesa but root for my lil bro and the tigers!

BuckeyeNut
05-27-2009, 03:16 PM
I see the Gilmer Buckeyes moving up two places!!!!

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

cshscougar08
05-27-2009, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state

Well we lost 30 seniors and a couple juniors to just quitting. B Bell returns at quarterback and a fast group of receivers. It's definitely going to be a rebuilding year for us. We'll make the playoffs, but not in near the same dominant fashion we had last year. A couple rounds in would be very impressive for this group. They'll certainly give it everything though and you know Coach Bell and the staff will get everything out of this group that they can.

lostaussie
05-27-2009, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by Trashman
Brownwood cracks that list easily.:rolleyes: :inlove: Hell...........shoot them right on up to #1...............nothing I like better than a freefall:D

garciap77
05-27-2009, 04:09 PM
Wylie will!:)

Pick6
05-27-2009, 04:15 PM
Kaufman will surprise a few teams next year.

STAggie
05-27-2009, 04:17 PM
Sealy will be top 15 by the end of next year. We just have to figure out who will be the qb.

garciap77
05-27-2009, 04:23 PM

http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-merv/qdraw.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org)

LH Panther Mom
05-27-2009, 05:12 PM

The WOOD started out there last year. Remind me how that turned out. :stirpot: ;) (Just thinking starting out low & being under the radar might not be such a bad thing!)

Bull's-eye
05-27-2009, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by STAggie
Sealy will be top 15 by the end of next year. We just have to figure out who will be the qb.

D25 should be loaded, with Giddings, Bellville, La Grange & your Sealy Tigers.

Bellville will return most of their defense & most of their skill players on offense. Their O-line will be a question mark, as most of the starters graduated.

martwayne
05-27-2009, 05:35 PM
them navasota rattlers will be there i promise you that we will suprise alot of people this year even though we lost a very srtong senior class

orange machine
05-27-2009, 07:39 PM
Argyle will be in the mix. They are my dark horse. I said last season after i saw them play in Celina that with all the returning players they have they should be a very good team. Some top teams could go down to Argyle like Bridgeport or even Celina if we dont show up.

Dogman_1969
05-27-2009, 09:16 PM
Rockdale will return a solid group of seniors and several others that played alot on the Area champs from last season. Six or seven of the seniors started at least one way as sophomores and had alot of playin time last season.

Their sophomore year ended with China Spring kickin a short fg to win on the games last play.

Their Junior season ended with a loss to Carthage in the third round. The Tigers beat an undefeated team Cleveland in the second round before falling to Carthage and Dwight Smith.

Both playoff losses were to teams who made long playoff runs. I expect the Tigers to make more noise this season.......

slingshot
05-27-2009, 11:03 PM
Wylie will be there... top 5 again. With a little luck and if we can stay healthy I think we can challenge anybody. Sr class is loaded and battle tested, just gotta get some contributions from some key underclassmen. Murderer's row schedule (again): Liberty Hill, La Vega, Frenship, Canyon... then district with Brownwood, Sweetwater, Snyder, Graham. I think we'll be ready for anybody come playoff time.

WTF-82
05-28-2009, 12:43 AM
I think Monahans will be somewhere in the top half of this list at the end of next season. Graham will also be a Top 25 team.

I agree Monahans will be up there they got some great players coming back the O- line is back the QB, receivers and the whole Defense if they keep working hard the Lobo Defense could be special next year they have my opinion a 1st team all-state Def End that will be the leader he is a great one. And a couple other potential all staters in the secondary Titus the QB is one of them. Linebackers could be a good as any we have had in the past 10 years.

lulu
05-28-2009, 12:49 AM
I think Bridge City will be back.

GrTigers6
05-28-2009, 06:41 AM
Glen Rose will be one to contend with next season. We only lost 13 seniors. QB, 1 reciever, 2 linebackers. 2 lineman. That's all that were key players. Of course the QB was a extremely key player.But we have a good back up stepping up. We will have lots of speed this year. Some sophomores who played last year will be experienced. and some jv players moving up. I am confident we will win the district this year, if we can get over the China Spring hurdle:D
It will be an interesting season to say the least

STAggie
05-28-2009, 07:32 AM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye
D25 should be loaded, with Giddings, Bellville, La Grange & your Sealy Tigers.

Bellville will return most of their defense & most of their skill players on offense. Their O-line will be a question mark, as most of the starters graduated.

It will be a real fun district again. The sad thing is one of those teams will not get to go to the playoffs. Last year it was La Grange, this year it could be someone else. I think this year Dexter Downey comes out with something to prove after an average year last year and all the off field problems. He will be ready to show what all the hype was about after his sophmore season.

Cowboy_Up
05-28-2009, 08:29 AM
Edna...yeah I know some of you think I'm nuts.

Our QB, Kam Jones will play D1 football, just might be at DB...or QB.

Last year Kam was never really 100% as he broke his collar bone in last game of '07 and as soon as he got healthy he broke his leg playing hoops. Never really got in shape and then got his hand stepped on and broken 2nd game last year. Missed 4 games, but he's healthy now and he can play.

We have a very nice group of young talented kids.
By the end of last year we were starting 10 sophs and 6 Jrs.

New coach came in last year and didn't click with seniors coming off a '07 9-1 season in 2A; now he has his staff in place and off season is going very well.

They'll play in a number of 7 on 7 tourneys and although I know that's far from the real thing, you'll be impressed with our speed and Kam's throwing ability.

Good young O-line that right now weighs in very close to 250, 260, 230, 250, 260...one senior in that bunch.

New offense this year, will still spread it out sometimes, but we'll be under center as well.

New O-line coach spent 4 years playing OL in the NFL, doesn't mean he's a great teacher, but we think so and we're hoping our technique improves.

OldBison75
05-28-2009, 08:42 AM
District 24 should be very interesting this year. Navasota will be pretty good, but the loss of Pratt and Stokes may take a little time for the team to get on track.

Rockdale will be top 25 material with the talent they have.

Cameron has the athletes to win on any Frdday night and will be pretty good.

Caldwell may have lost some skill, but they always seem to find a solution and will be a factor in the playoff race.\

The Taylor Ducks may have the bet overall athletes in the district, if they can find the chemistry to put it all together.

And, the district surprise this year will be Bryan Rudder. This team has some very good skill players that can make things happen.

With this tough a district, there could be two or three from this district in the top 25 at year's end.

Outside this district, I expect Brownwood to rise to top 25 status and everybody better watch out for Sealy this year.

LHexPlayer
05-28-2009, 08:43 AM
Not sure if Liberty Hill will be there or not. I haven't kept up with who we have in the pipeline but I predict this will be a tough year for my Panthers. I hope I am wrong but I feel we just lost way too much.

Ex-Tiger2005
05-28-2009, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by LHexPlayer
Not sure if Liberty Hill will be there or not. I haven't kept up with who we have in the pipeline but I predict this will be a tough year for my Panthers. I hope I am wrong but I feel we just lost way too much.

Wasnt that Bode kid from LH? Where is he now if he was?

BwdLions
05-28-2009, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by OldBison75
Outside this district, I expect Brownwood to rise to top 25 status and everybody better watch out for Sealy this year.

Man I hope the Lions get back on track in 09. I can't take another year like last year. I don't know what to expect, but I am very optimistic to see how they do with a new coaching staff and plenty of young kids coming up.

Bullaholic
05-28-2009, 04:39 PM
Graduation hit the Bulls hard. I honestly do not know if we can jump up among the top teams early in the year. Like a host of teams, it will depend on how much the younger players can step up. It will take that all important first game against a pretty good team to find out. The Offense probably lost more key players than the Defense, and it is our Offense that is usually our greatest weapon.

Rabid Cougar
05-28-2009, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by Dogman_1969
Rockdale will return a solid group of seniors and several others that played alot on the Area champs from last season. Six or seven of the seniors started at least one way as sophomores and had alot of playin time last season.

Their sophomore year ended with China Spring kickin a short fg to win on the games last play.

Their Junior season ended with a loss to Carthage in the third round. The Tigers beat an undefeated team Cleveland in the second round before falling to Carthage and Dwight Smith.

Both playoff losses were to teams who made long playoff runs. I expect the Tigers to make more noise this season.......

The Bell will stay in Cameron though.

Rabid Cougar
05-28-2009, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by GrTigers6
Glen Rose will be one to contend with next season. We only lost 13 seniors. QB, 1 reciever, 2 linebackers. 2 lineman. That's all that were key players. Of course the QB was a extremely key player.But we have a good back up stepping up. We will have lots of speed this year. Some sophomores who played last year will be experienced. and some jv players moving up. I am confident we will win the district this year, if we can get over the China Spring hurdle:D
It will be an interesting season to say the least

It will be hard to replace a QB like Thompson. I foresee the same results over the past 10 years.

Rabid Cougar
05-28-2009, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state

Lots of big shoes to fill. Two 3 year lettermen and One 2 Year letterman on OL; WR who is 2nd All-Time in State of Texas, the ENTIRE Defense.

Returning : All-State QB , 4 Receivers, 2 OL. 2 Returners on Defense.

It will be entirely different team that CS has had in the past 2 years. Not very much experience. It will be bigger but not as athletic.
They will win District. I don't like to predict playoffs.

LH Panther Mom
05-28-2009, 05:58 PM
Wasnt that Bode kid from LH? Where is he now if he was?
Yes, he is. He went part-time his first year out of school so he would have 4 years of eligibility left. He walked on at SHSU this past season and made the team, then injured his shoulder and is still rehabing it. I could tell you more, but then I'd have to kill you. ;)

LH Panther Mom
05-28-2009, 06:21 PM
Oh, ye of little faith. :p Look at who we've lost over the past 7-8 seasons.

LHexPlayer
05-28-2009, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Oh, ye of little faith. :p Look at who we've lost over the past 7-8 seasons.

We'll you could enlighten me and restore my faith....but then I guess you would have to kill me too.:D

LH Panther Mom
05-28-2009, 06:54 PM
We'll you could enlighten me and restore my faith....but then I guess you would have to kill me too.:D
Nah, the only killing would result from me divulging super secret stuff to a Snyder person. :devil: ;)

GrTigers6
05-28-2009, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by Rabid Cougar
It will be hard to replace a QB like Thompson. I foresee the same results over the past 10 years. what results are those?

WOS87
05-28-2009, 08:58 PM
With quite a few returning players including two top 100 recruits in the country, WO-S should definitely be on that list (hoping not to jinx them though)

cshscougar08
05-28-2009, 09:18 PM
what results are those?

An old fashioned stompin'!

Rabid Cougar
05-28-2009, 09:39 PM
what results are those?

What the University of Texas at Norman kid said.

navscanmaster
05-28-2009, 11:47 PM
Navasota will reload on offense, and will probably take some time to figure things out. We have a good running back in Jones, but he is also a stellar linebacker. QB and the receivers are going to be the biggest challenges. But with a defense returning 9 starters that really solidified late last year, they should be able to hang in there long enough to give the offense plenty of opportunities to score.

That said, they may not be top 25 material by the end of the year, but I expect them to surprise some people.

GrTigers6
05-29-2009, 06:17 AM
Originally posted by cshscougar08
An old fashioned stompin'! Yeah but this year, you can reverse the scores :D:D

kaide06
05-29-2009, 07:59 AM
Alvarado should be there by the end of the season. Return a 2,000 yard rusher, all o-line and d-line, all linebackers. Have a good senior qb that will be steady, return a couple wide receivers. Only question mark will be the secondary, but overall Alvarado should be good. Lost to Prosper in the second round last year in a game that they were within a touchdown most of the way and the freshmen went 9-0-1 last year. Lots of good sophomore athletes will see time next year.

cshscougar08
05-29-2009, 09:20 AM
Yeah but this year, you can reverse the scores :D:D

Right. Your JV was straight up horrible last year. What you're losing certainly isn't going to be replaced by quality.