PDA

View Full Version : Who needs a new stadium

orange machine
05-26-2009, 11:29 PM
We have talked about who has the best so who is in need of a new stadium?

Ranger Mom
05-26-2009, 11:34 PM
Originally posted by orange machine
We have talked about who has the best so who is in need of a new stadium?

I wish we had one......a turf field if nothing else. We have a new field house...added some new stands...but our field, concessions and bathrooms leave LOTS to be desired.

orange machine
05-26-2009, 11:37 PM
yeah the old Bobcat Stadium concessions and bathrooms are pretty poor aswell.

CHS_CG
05-26-2009, 11:41 PM
We need a new stadium.. bathrooms and concessions just were upgraded recently but a new stadium would be awesome!

VWG
05-26-2009, 11:41 PM
Bridgeport

orange machine
05-26-2009, 11:47 PM
I think Van Alstyne had the worse 3a stadium until they built the new one. The locker rooms had no running water or AC it was awful.

sic'em
05-27-2009, 12:06 AM
Originally posted by orange machine
I think Van Alstyne had the worse 3a stadium until they built the new one. The locker rooms had no running water or AC it was awful.

the best thing about VA's old field was the portable visitor's bleachers that were in the middle of the infield of the baseball diamond. real nice... as in the other post, PP needs some upgrades to Massey Stadium but I hope they keep the stadium location and the grass.

Commerce could use some stands on the other side of the field. That is the strangest place to watch a game.

orange machine
05-27-2009, 12:11 AM
Those portable bleachers in VA have made there way to the new stadium i think for the final move on the visitors side. They wanted to save money and guess keep the tradition alive by moving the visitors bleachers one last time.

orange machine
05-27-2009, 12:15 AM
Not 3a, but Sherman, Denison, S&S,Savoy,Bells.

sic'em
05-27-2009, 12:22 AM
S&S is the worst playing surface i ever saw. Did Bonham ever get a new stadium? I remember it as old and wooden. Some might say Cleburne and Jacksonville but mark me down as a fan of those two. I like the old CCC fields.

orange machine
05-27-2009, 12:25 AM
Originally posted by sic'em
S&S is the worst playing surface i ever saw. Did Bonham ever get a new stadium? I remember it as old and wooden. Some might say Cleburne and Jacksonville but mark me down as a fan of those two. I like the old CCC fields.

Bonhams stadium is pretty nice. If they had turf it would be a very nice stadium, but its not a bad place.

orange machine
05-27-2009, 12:27 AM

No NO the worst playing surface was Callisburg back in the day before they built the stadium they are in now. The old stadium i kid you not they let cows graze on it.

orange machine
05-27-2009, 12:28 AM
S&S still has the wood bleachers on the visitors side.

sic'em
05-27-2009, 12:36 AM
I stand corrected. You are right about the old C-burg field. I tried to place a fg tee one time on it and almost got a delay of game b/c I couldn't find a flat area. Hoof craters everywhere on the 10 yard line with no grass. The gym was no better. It, Tioga, and Ponder were straight outta Hoosiers.

One more funny story, the old Aubrey field sat on top of the city sewer main. One time it rained for a week and backlogged the sewers. Right around the 35 yard line on visitor's side it either busted or was seeping. I was in Jr. High and no one on either team would run over there even if the play was to go in that direction. I remember a friend tackling a guy on a kickoff over there and no one would come near him the rest of the night he stunk so bad.

orange machine
05-27-2009, 04:10 AM
I stand corrected. You are right about the old C-burg field. I tried to place a fg tee one time on it and almost got a delay of game b/c I couldn't find a flat area. Hoof craters everywhere on the 10 yard line with no grass. The gym was no better. It, Tioga, and Ponder were straight outta Hoosiers.

One more funny story, the old Aubrey field sat on top of the city sewer main. One time it rained for a week and backlogged the sewers. Right around the 35 yard line on visitor's side it either busted or was seeping. I was in Jr. High and no one on either team would run over there even if the play was to go in that direction. I remember a friend tackling a guy on a kickoff over there and no one would come near him the rest of the night he stunk so bad.

Thats funny Cburg gym and Aubreys gym both were awful.

Trashman
05-27-2009, 06:50 AM
Not 3a but Lampassas has the worst stadium in the worst location I have ever been. I have been to much better 6-man facilities.;) The field was grass and they took good care of it, great to play on.:D

Matthew328
05-27-2009, 07:09 AM
I love Gladewater's stadium....Groesbeck would be awesome if they get rid of that turf

scrub c
05-27-2009, 07:15 AM
get rid of turf???

waterboy
05-27-2009, 07:36 AM
Originally posted by Matthew328
I love Gladewater's stadium....Groesbeck would be awesome if they get rid of that turf
I like Gladewater's stadium, too, but they need more visitor seating. I like the pressbox and the homeside stands, and the general way it is set up. I would prefer the stands be a little closer to the field, though. Overall, I think it's probably the nicest 3A stadium I've seen. From a fan's standpoint, Buckeye Stadium is very nice, too. It has a very cozy and nostagic, yet modern feel to it, plus you're very close to field.

sic'em
05-27-2009, 07:55 AM
Groesbeck was one of the first to have turf and it is really old. If we are talking about 3a fields we LIKE, my top four are Brownwood, Gladewater, Athens, and Mexia (I think the covered bleachers is pretty cool, pun intended).

Bottom four in 3A I've seen are Anna, Emory Rains, Whitney, and Whitesboro.

BuckeyeNut
05-27-2009, 08:38 AM
Gilmer has upgraded everything but the seating. We need more seating. We had to put the band on the other side of the field which is a little nuts. When we played at Greenville now that was a nice Stadium.

44INAROW
05-27-2009, 08:48 AM
Cuero doesn't need a new stadium but we've been in need of new concession stands and bathrooms for AGES. Construction has begun on both and we should have by the beginning of the season. Yippee ;)

pirate4state
05-27-2009, 09:26 AM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
Cuero doesn't need a new stadium but we've been in need of new concession stands and bathrooms for AGES. Construction has begun on both and we should have by the beginning of the season. Yippee ;) Yall need more seating on the home side! I don't like people from the home team sitting on the visitor's side!

44INAROW
05-27-2009, 09:28 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Yall need more seating on the home side! I don't like people from the home team sitting on the visitor's side!

valid point ;)

trojan37
05-27-2009, 09:31 AM
West needs a new stadium. It's old, real old. My dad played on it, my brother played on it, I played on it, my nephew played on it, my stepson played on it, my kids will probably play on it,............:doh:

waterboy
05-27-2009, 09:47 AM
Originally posted by Black Flag
Gilmer has upgraded everything but the seating. We need more seating. We had to put the band on the other side of the field which is a little nuts. When we played at Greenville now that was a nice Stadium.
Buckeye Stadium has done some upgrades. They added some stands on the visitor's side for the Buckeye Band, which freed up space on the home side for about 500 more people, which brought the capacity to about 6,500. That's definitely something that was needed, but I do find it odd that the band sits on the other side of the field, just doesn't seem right. The home side at Greenville was nice --- STEEP, but nice. The only thing about their stadium is the visitor's side looks like one you would see at a 1A school, extremely small.

Phil C
05-27-2009, 09:58 AM
Orange Grove needs one. Just go to a game and you will see what I mean.

Goliad used to have sorry stands for the visitors' side but they expanded and improved it greatly.

Cameron Crazy
05-27-2009, 10:01 AM
Graham has brand new turf, a new field house, renovated bathrooms and concessions. But, we can't use our heads and upgrade to more seating.

It blows my mind how we don't want to do that, Graham would be the mecca of the playoffs if we could have more seating. Maybe one day we will use our heads and get that done. Plus, it helps when you have two bleacher companies in your town willing to prolly donate both sides.

ronwx5x
05-27-2009, 10:10 AM
Navasota's new field is really nice. The visitors' stands, like most 3A stadiums, are not large enough, but everyone has a good view and fairly easy access to the concession stand.

The home side is a little strange because the reserved seating is in the middle and if you sit on the south side of the reserved seats you are not allowed to cross that section to get to the concession stand. You are required to exit the south side and go all the way around the stands to get to the concession stand. Their attempt to "police" the reserved seats is wasted, as I see young people simply climb up in the general admission area and cross over to the reserved seats.

The blue turf takes a little getting used to. The visitor parking is also not paved. The two sides of the stadium are also blocked from crossing over, I gues to avoid confrontations, so you better park in the correct area or face a very long walk.

Ex-Tiger2005
05-27-2009, 10:42 AM
snyder needs one IMO

sic'em
05-27-2009, 11:15 AM
i will back up the fact that West needs a new one. That thing is ancient.

BuckeyeNut
05-27-2009, 11:21 AM
Greenville visitors was small, but Gilmer's visitors seating is rarely full other than when we play Gladewater. The home side is a problem. Having to get to the game 2 hours early to get a seat for a reg. season game is a bit much. Those seats and the press box are in need for a major upgrade.

Old Green
05-27-2009, 11:25 AM
Yall need more seating on the home side! I don't like people from the home team sitting on the visitor's side! I agree. :thumbsup: We need about 1500 seats more on the home side.

Pick6
05-27-2009, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by scrub c
get rid of turf???

Yes, natural grass is still the best.

waterboy
05-27-2009, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by Black Flag
Greenville visitors was small, but Gilmer's visitors seating is rarely full other than when we play Gladewater. The home side is a problem. Having to get to the game 2 hours early to get a seat for a reg. season game is a bit much. Those seats and the press box are in need for a major upgrade.
I agree that we do need more seating on the home side, but that's what we get for winning so much.:D Actually, last season there seemed to be some sporadic empty seats on the north end where I sit. The south end, for some reason fills up a lot more. I like the north end because it's closer to the scoreboard / PA. Sometimes they don't turn the volume up enough to hear the PA good on the south end.

garciap77
05-27-2009, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by waterboy
I agree that we do need more seating on the home side, but that's what we get for winning so much.:D Actually, last season there seemed to be some sporadic empty seats on the north end where I sit. The south end, for some reason fills up a lot more. I like the north end because it's closer to the scoreboard / PA. Sometimes they don't turn the volume up enough to hear the PA good on the south end.

Wylie needs a new PA system and BW needs a new team!:D

:stirpot:

http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-eatdrink033.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org)

Cameron Crazy
05-27-2009, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by garciap77

http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-eatdrink033.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org)

Your getting a new seating as I type right now. So, be thankful! :D

garciap77
05-27-2009, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by Cameron Crazy
Your getting a new seating as I type right now. So, be thankful! :D

http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-signs011.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org)

waterboy
05-27-2009, 12:43 PM
The PA system at Buckeye Stadium is awesome. You can hear it VERY good .......... if they would just turn the volume UP! If I still sat on the south end, I would definitely have to go tell Jeff Rash (our PA announcer) to turn the volume up. It sounds GOOD, and will thump nice and hard.:D http://www.mysmiley.net/imgs/smile/party/party0007.gif http://www.mysmiley.net/imgs/smile/party/party0009.gif

Cameron Crazy
05-27-2009, 12:44 PM
http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-signs011.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org) My father is the project manager for the company building it. So, he keeps me up to date on how the progress is going.

Hows it looking?

BwdLions
05-27-2009, 01:01 PM

You're trying too hard to turn our friendly rivalry into a S'water/Snyder slugfest garciap77. As long as Wylie doesn't win more than once every five years or so, we can't not like you. :p

garciap77
05-27-2009, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by BwdLions
You're trying too hard to turn our friendly rivalry into a S'water/Snyder slugfest garciap77. As long as Wylie doesn't win more than once every five years or so, we can't not like you. :p

http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-hug008.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org)

lulu
05-27-2009, 01:51 PM
Bullard has a real nice stadium. A bit small seating on vistors side
but very nice overall.:1popcorn:

pirate4state
05-27-2009, 01:52 PM
Sinton is FINALLY gonna get some improvements to our stadium.

lulu
05-27-2009, 01:55 PM
Tatum gym?
sorry about the spelling error on my quote:
:o

sinfan75
05-27-2009, 03:31 PM
Sinton is FINALLY gonna get some improvements to our stadium. More seating (don't know which side), New press box on the visitor side, and new track.

pirate4state
05-27-2009, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by sinfan75
More seating (don't know which side), New press box on the visitor side, and new track. home side and a MAROON track :)

Phil C
05-27-2009, 03:45 PM
I wish Sinton had build a very good football stadium years ago with the home side close to the football field. The visitors about the same as now. :)
And a separate track and field stadium would have been nice.

sinfan75
05-27-2009, 05:57 PM
Well Phil you would've loved the old stadium because there was no track to separate the field from the stadium. It was great place to watch a football game. Alot of the oldtimers (including myself) really miss the Original Pirate Stadium.

SintonFan
05-27-2009, 06:17 PM
home side and a MAROON track :)
That's means there's gonna be plenty of empty seats. I have a hard time thinking folks like 75 and 66 will actually sit in the stands.:D

Trashman
05-27-2009, 07:10 PM
Just went through Lampassas, looks like they are getting a new stadium just off 291 south of town.:D

sinfan75
05-27-2009, 07:17 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
That's means there's gonna be plenty of empty seats. I have a hard time thinking folks like 75 and 66 will actually sit in the stands.:D They're probably takin away our standing area. I like keepin the fence from fallin over.

orange machine
05-27-2009, 07:31 PM
PE Shotwell is another stadium that has seen better days. The field was nice and the parking was great, but the stands and press box were poor.

SintonFan
05-27-2009, 07:32 PM
They're probably takin away our standing area. I like keepin the fence from fallin over.
Thirty years and that fence still looks as strong as when you first kept it from falling over. You know 75? It's good folk like you who never hear this...
Thank You.
That fence and our community owes you a debt of gratitude for keeping it as straight as the day it was born.:)

sinfan75
05-27-2009, 07:36 PM
Always glad to do my part for the community.:D

SintonFan
05-27-2009, 07:41 PM
Always glad to do my part for the community.:D
Here Here!!!
:clap: :clap: :clap: ;)

Twirling Time
05-28-2009, 05:36 AM
Aubrey and Collinsville are two places that went from the outhouse to the penthouse. Both of their new stadiums are real nice. Aubrey has turf and a press box with an elevator. Collinsville has real grass, but the stadium is bigger than a lot of 3A stadiums in the area.

Those places used to have some real goat ranches. At Collinsville's old stadium, there was hardly any bleachers at all and people would back their trucks in and watch the game on their tailgates. If you went out of bounds, you were liable to kiss the back bumper of some farmer's Ford.

BuckeyeNut
05-28-2009, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by waterboy
The PA system at Buckeye Stadium is awesome. You can hear it VERY good .......... if they would just turn the volume UP! If I still sat on the south end, I would definitely have to go tell Jeff Rash (our PA announcer) to turn the volume up. It sounds GOOD, and will thump nice and hard.:D http://www.mysmiley.net/imgs/smile/party/party0007.gif http://www.mysmiley.net/imgs/smile/party/party0009.gif

The Press Box is just shame full. I was there when I played in 89-92 and it was bad then. The bank has been very nice to the football team that scoreboard is very nice.

LHexPlayer
05-28-2009, 11:42 AM
Hold on a minute. You mean to tell me, it's possible to build a new stadium even though you have one already. If this is true then damn those Liberty Hillbillies.

Electus Unus
05-28-2009, 11:44 AM
I would like to see Rockdale get field turf and build a new field house/weight room facility.