PDA

View Full Version : Weight Lifting Question

eagles_victory
05-26-2009, 09:57 AM
I lift a lot and have added some weight but I was wondering if the suppliments you buy at places like GNC really help? And if they do are they better than like the creatine stuff at Wal-Mart?

kaorder1999
05-26-2009, 10:04 AM
dont buy from GNC and dont buy from walmart. Go to the Vitamin Shoppe. Better prices...people who can help you find what you need

Electus Unus
05-26-2009, 10:09 AM
creatine is kinda pointless to take. your body naturally makes it and all the creatine you don't use gets wasted away.

mwynn05
05-26-2009, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
I lift a lot and have added some weight but I was wondering if the suppliments you buy at places like GNC really help? And if they do are they better than like the creatine stuff at Wal-Mart? BSN stuff is pretty good

WildTexan972
05-26-2009, 10:46 AM
your body does not naturally make enough creatine to compensate for a good lift routine.....but don't overuse it - a little goes a long way....

vitamin water, powerade, or diet shakes like slimfast should be your liquids each day, and yes the whey protein shakes at Walmart work just fine as compared to the pricier versions at speciallty stores....also mix in some nitric oxide stimulator and you should be good to go....

no sodas....no smoking....reduce fried foods.....and lift away and you should see changes in your body....

and for new kids to lifting....start slow and build up weight/reps over time, not overnight....the end result is your goal, not how you look in the mirror tomorrow for school....

Bull's-eye
05-26-2009, 11:21 AM
From what I read, supplements aren't regulated. This means that the label is not always truthful, you are possibly not getting what they say you are getting. I always trusted E.A.S. products, they promote using the best ingredients and not just some fillers. I would definitely try to get your protein & complex carbs from your regular meals. You can supplement your diet with meal replacement protein drinks like Myoplex. I would watch out for the sugar, a lot of sports drinks & protein bars are filled with the bad stuff. Creatine can help a little, but IMO I wouldn't waste my money. I would concentrate more on my diet, making sure I got lean protein & complex carbs in 5-6 balanced meals a day. The protein portion should be about the size of your open hand and the complex carb serving is about the size of a closed fist. You can eat a good serving of vegetables.