PDA

View Full Version : Well I just bought a Blackberry Curve 8330 smartphone.

Sweetwater Red
05-26-2009, 09:49 AM
And if anyone knows where they offer a course in how to use it
please let me know.:confused:

I just hit a button by accident and it keeps telling me to "say command". I keep telling it to "shut up!".:D

waterboy
05-26-2009, 09:59 AM
I'll keep my low-tech phone. I don't need all those bells and whistles........:thumbsup: For someone who's technologically challenged, I would definitely have to have a college course in its use anyway.:D

pirate4state
05-26-2009, 10:03 AM
haha just turn it off & back on

Cameron Crazy
05-26-2009, 10:05 AM
It's really not at all hard to work, all you have to do is mess with it a little and then you will see its not hard at all.

They are a great phone, had one before my Iphone. Hope you enjoy it.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
05-26-2009, 11:15 AM
When all else fails, push the little sideways U next to the trackball. It's a go back button. It should take you to your home screen. Silly kids and their toys.

BwdLion73
05-26-2009, 11:40 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
[B]And if anyone knows where they offer a course in how to use it

Jitterbug time for S.R.

;)

SintonFan_inAustin
05-26-2009, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red

I just hit a button by accident and it keeps telling me to "say command". I keep telling it to "shut up!".:D :D :D :D

your pressing the "i want to talk button" :) over and out!

Sweetwater Red
05-26-2009, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
When all else fails, push the little sideways U next to the trackball. It's a go back button. It should take you to your home screen. Silly kids and their toys.

Okay gadget man or so I've been told.:devil:

I have full internet service and went to the 3ADL. I can open all
the links on the home page. But I can't find the message board
link. :confused:

Emerson1
05-26-2009, 12:05 PM
It's a picture below the links on the side.

Dumb I know

Sweetwater Red
05-26-2009, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1

Dumb I know

Is it the same picture as always? I clicked on it and it just kept
refreshing the home page. I'll try again.

Sweetwater Red
05-26-2009, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1

Dumb I know

Nm. There are two of the same picture. I was clicking on the wrong one.:doh:

garciap77
05-26-2009, 12:15 PM

I just hit a button by accident and it keeps telling me to "say command". I keep telling it to "shut up!".:D

Is it going to be your new camera?:D

;)

Sweetwater Red
05-26-2009, 12:22 PM
My first post ever with cell

Sweetwater Red
05-26-2009, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by garciap77
Is it going to be your new camera?:D

;)

That will depend on the quality of the picture. I doubt it will be
better than this.:thinking: :D

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=8975184&type=product&id=1217633560861

Bullaholic
05-26-2009, 12:31 PM
Any self-respecting Sweetwater fan should have a Mustang "whinny" ringtone at the very least....:D

garciap77
05-26-2009, 12:34 PM
That will depend on the quality of the picture. I doubt it will be
better than this.:thinking: :D

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=8975184&type=product&id=1217633560861

Well it needs to be close to this:

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/SWMG11.jpg

:D

Sweetwater Red
05-26-2009, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
Any self-respecting Sweetwater fan should have a Mustang "whinny" ringtone at the very least....:D

I haven't decided yet on a ringtone . The lady asked me if I wanted a red or
black phone. I told her red obviously and she said "good choice I
think red has more character".:D

garciap77
05-26-2009, 12:39 PM
I haven't decided yet on a ringtone . The lady asked me if I wanted a red or
black phone. I told her red obviously and she said "good choice I
think red has more character".:D

Is PINK is out in Sweetwater now?:D

P.S. How about the Wylie fight song!:D

;)

Bullaholic
05-26-2009, 12:40 PM
Funniest ringtone I've heard lately was on a guy's phone in a restaurant---it was a male voice saying "R-i-i-i-n-gg, R-i-i-i-n-gg".

Can't stand answer tones that let you listen to music that sounds like a jet engine running while you are on hold.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
05-26-2009, 02:51 PM
I was at my neighbor's apartment last week and he had some of his friends over. I didn't know anybody there except for one girl there and my neighbor. There was this guy there acting very feminine and I thought he was gay. He got up and left the room and I asked my neighbor if he was, and as soon as I finish my question his phone goes off..."My milkshake brings all the boys to the yard..." It was hilarious. And no, after that they didn't have to answer my question.

Bullaholic
05-26-2009, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
I was at my neighbor's apartment last week and he had some of his friends over. I didn't know anybody there except for one girl there and my neighbor. There was this guy there acting very feminine and I thought he was gay. He got up and left the room and I asked my neighbor if he was, and as soon as I finish my question his phone goes off..."My milkshake brings all the boys to the yard..." It was hilarious. And no, after that they didn't have to answer my question.

Way TMI, Gary....:D

Trashman
05-26-2009, 03:07 PM

Great phone, you will not be disappointed.:D :D

Electus Unus
05-26-2009, 03:11 PM
is this a reinactment sweetwater red and his phone? http://www.geeksugar.com/1548282

Sweetwater Red
05-26-2009, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by Electus Unus
is this a reinactment sweetwater red and his phone? http://www.geeksugar.com/1548282

Funny guy! I'll have you know that I've figured out picture taking,
text messaging, net surfing, e-mailing, and the different messenger
services and I haven't even opened up the instruction manual yet.

I'm a man. I don't need no stinking instructions!:D

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
05-26-2009, 05:33 PM
Had one for about a year. It's a really awesome phone. Know how to use it really well, and could literally type on it faster than most people can type on a real keyboard. Sad, but true.

Sweetwater Red
06-26-2009, 10:45 AM
And know the scroll ball(?) is broken already!!!!:mad:

Trashman
06-26-2009, 02:57 PM

Is it already broken or did you get chicken grease on it from eating at Miss Allens?:D

DaHop72
06-26-2009, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by Trashman
Is it already broken or did you get chicken grease on it from eating at Miss Allens?:D :evillol: :evillol: :evillol: :evillol:

bwdlionfan
06-26-2009, 03:28 PM

From November 2007 thru May 2009 I went through 4 Blackberries. Every last one of them had issues with the trackball.

The Blackberry Pearl was horrible. I went through 3 of them from November 07-April 08. AT&T finally got tired of replacing them and gave me a Blackberry Curve for free plus paid me $50 for the trouble. That phone lasted from April 08 til last month when it's trackball finally died. I went and got a Samsung Eternity. Browsing the net is so much easier than with the Blackberry. It has a mobile e-mail application to check your e-mail if you use Yahoo, etc... It's picture quality is great too, but it doesn't have a flash. All in all it's an awesome phone... I will NEVER have a phone with a trackball again. I know people with Blackberries who have had just as much trouble with the trackball as I did.

Sweetwater Red
06-26-2009, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by bwdlionfan
From November 2007 thru May 2009 I went through 4 Blackberries. Every last one of them had issues with the trackball.

The Blackberry Pearl was horrible. I went through 3 of them from November 07-April 08. AT&T finally got tired of replacing them and gave me a Blackberry Curve for free plus paid me $50 for the trouble. That phone lasted from April 08 til last month when it's trackball finally died. I went and got a Samsung Eternity. Browsing the net is so much easier than with the Blackberry. It has a mobile e-mail application to check your e-mail if you use Yahoo, etc... It's picture quality is great too, but it doesn't have a flash. All in all it's an awesome phone... I will NEVER have a phone with a trackball again. I know people with Blackberries who have had just as much trouble with the trackball as I did.

I went down to all-tel before lunch. I told the kid what the trouble
was and he said he would see if the had a trackball in the back.
He comes back out and says he replaced it and I should be good
to go. I assumed I was and went home to eat lunch. While there
I realized he had replaced it with a scratched up used one that
barely worked. So after I eat I head back to all-tel. I spot the
manager. So I go stand at his booth. He is selling some guy the
exact same phone I have. I stand there for about 10-15 minutes.
Finally the manager asked what can I help you with as he is still
helping this guy. I say yeah I was but this Blackberry Smart Phone
a month ago today and the trackball isn't working. I just came in
an hour ago and you guy put a used one in the doesn't work. He's
says we don't have any new ones. We just stripped them of the
display and used phones. Any he goes to the back and puts
another one on. It is working like it did when it was new. But
after reading what you said I guess I can expect it to go out
anytime.

Trashman
06-26-2009, 05:22 PM
I have found that if you clean the track ball with a little alcohol and a q-tip that they work fine. :D The chicken grease from underwoods does a number on the track ball so I have to clean it every 30 days or so. :D I have had my curve for over a year and no problems so far.:D

bwdlionfan
06-26-2009, 05:33 PM
I went down to all-tel before lunch. I told the kid what the trouble
was and he said he would see if the had a trackball in the back.
He comes back out and says he replaced it and I should be good
to go. I assumed I was and went home to eat lunch. While there
I realized he had replaced it with a scratched up used one that
barely worked. So after I eat I head back to all-tel. I spot the
manager. So I go stand at his booth. He is selling some guy the
exact same phone I have. I stand there for about 10-15 minutes.
Finally the manager asked what can I help you with as he is still
helping this guy. I say yeah I was but this Blackberry Smart Phone
a month ago today and the trackball isn't working. I just came in
an hour ago and you guy put a used one in the doesn't work. He's
says we don't have any new ones. We just stripped them of the
display and used phones. Any he goes to the back and puts
another one on. It is working like it did when it was new. But
after reading what you said I guess I can expect it to go out
anytime.

I urge you to get either a holder to wear it on your belt, or hopefully it came with a case that it fits snugly in that you can fit in your pocket. For some reason, I think the lint from your pockets (especially jeans) gets in to the trackball. My curve got to the point where alcohol wouldn't work. The problem I had with all of the trackballs was always that they wouldn't scroll in a certain direction. The curve still scrolls, it just won't select anything. For a while I could take the trackball out and just press the metal area under the trackball to select things... but that stopped working too. I hate Blackberry!

ronwx5x
06-26-2009, 05:52 PM
Okay gadget man or so I've been told.:devil:

I have full internet service and went to the 3ADL. I can open all
the links on the home page. But I can't find the message board
link. :confused:

Read the quote below my sig. That's the answer I received when I asked the same question.:nerd: :eek:

poisoned10
06-28-2009, 12:17 PM
I've owned 4 different BlackBerrys over the last 3 or 4 years now and I've never had any kind of issue with any of them. Maybe I've just been lucky. I've had the 7290, 8700, Curve 8310 and now the Bold 9000.

I have heard of several people having issues with the trackball, and most of the time, its from keeping it in a pocket and small lint and particles getting under it. If it happens again, just lock the keypad and press down on the trackball and roll it around. That usually frees it up.

I consider myself pretty knowledegable when it comes to the BlackBerry. It's nearly an obsession really. So if anyone ever needs anything, you can add me to your BlackBerry Messenger and ask whatever, my PIN# is: 24a51c8c. Or, if you just feel like chatting then hit me up.

Everyone should email me their PIN so I can add them to my BlackBerry Messenger list!

Sweetwater Red
06-28-2009, 12:40 PM
Now I'm at Wal-Mart standing infront of a iPOD and MP3 display and am trying to figure out what the difference is.:confused:

I am so technology challenged.:(

DaHop72
06-28-2009, 04:30 PM
Now I'm at Wal-Mart standing infront of a iPOD and MP3 display and am trying to figure out what the difference is.:confused:

I am so technology challenged.:( Red, step away from the counter.:devil: :devil:

Sweetwater Red
06-28-2009, 06:53 PM
Lol! I did DaHop. I went down to Autozone and bought a powering steering pump. I have got to get
this thing ready for long road trips. Football season isn't to far away. But don't get me wrong you can swing through Sweetwater and pick me up anytime. It would be less stress on me. Lol