PDA

View Full Version : Mike Tyson's daughter on life support

trojan37
05-26-2009, 08:18 AM
Police: Mike Tyson's daughter on life support
By AMANDA LEE MYERS
Associated Press Writer

PHOENIX — Boxer Mike Tyson's 4-year-old daughter is on life support after she was found with her neck caught in a cord of a treadmill machine Monday, police said.

Exodus Tyson's 7-year-old brother found her on a treadmill with her neck in the cord that dangles from the console of the exercise machine at their Phoenix home, police Sgt. Andy Hill said, calling it a "tragic accident."

Responding officers and firefighters performed CPR on Exodus as they rushed her to a nearby hospital, where she was in "extremely critical condition" and on life support, Hill said.

"Somehow she was playing on this treadmill, and there's a cord that hangs under the console — it's kind of a loop," Hill said. "Either she slipped or put her head in the loop, but it acted like a noose, and she was obviously unable to get herself off of it."

Hill said former heavyweight champion Tyson had been in Las Vegas but flew to Phoenix immediately after learning of the accident. Police didn't release the girl's name.

Tyson could not immediately be reached for comment but 42West, a New York City public relations firm representing him, released a statement on the family's behalf.

"The Tyson family would like to extend our deepest and most heartfelt thanks for all your prayers and support, and we ask that we be allowed our privacy at this difficult time," the statement said.

Brief footage from local TV station KTVK showed Tyson arriving at the hospital in a white button-up and black pants, and looking around with a frown before going inside.

Hill said everything in the investigation pointed to an accident. "There's nothing in the investigation that revealed anything suspicious," he said.

He added that responding to calls involving children is an officer's most difficult duty.

"Those are the things that stay with you in your career," he said. "We always hope for a miracle — not to have the worst happen to a child."

LINK (http://www.wacotrib.com/hp/content/shared-gen/ap/National/BOX_Tysons_Daughter_Injured.html)

Ex-Tiger2005
05-26-2009, 09:06 AM
sad

GreenMonster
05-26-2009, 10:13 AM
That's some crazy stuff that could have easily happened to anyone of our own children. I have a 4 year old that is the absolute brightest shining light in my life, I cannot even begin to imagine what this family is going through. My heart goes out to them and I pray for a full and complete recovery.

BEAST
05-26-2009, 11:50 AM
Very sad. On a side note, wouldnt you hate to be the Dr that had to try to deal with Tyson? God forbid he have to deliver bad news.

BEAST

PHS Wildcats
05-26-2009, 07:49 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by BEAST
[B]Very sad. On a side note, wouldnt you hate to be the Dr that had to try to deal with Tyson? God forbid he have to deliver bad news.

why? It's not the Dr's fault.

It was a accident. He's not going to go off on the Dr:doh:

Maroon87
05-26-2009, 07:51 PM
I just read that she died...:(

ronwx5x
05-26-2009, 07:58 PM
Originally posted by Maroon87
I just read that she died...:(

Taken off life support.:(

PHS Wildcats
05-26-2009, 08:02 PM
http://msn.foxsports.com/boxing/story/9490078/Tyson's-daughter,-4,-dies-day-after-accident

PHOENIX (AP) - Police say the 4-year-old daughter of boxer Mike Tyson has died a day after her neck accidentally was caught in a treadmill cord while she was playing at home.

Mike Tyson left Las Vegas for Phoenix upon hearing of his daughter's accident. (Ross D. Franklin / Associated Press)
Phoenix police spokesman Andy Hill said Exodus Tyson was pronounced dead in a hospital just before noon on Tuesday. Police have said an investigation showed it was a "tragic accident."

"There are no words to describe the tragic loss of our beloved Exodus," the Tyson family said in a statement. "We ask you now to please respect our need at this very difficult time for privacy to grieve and try to help each other heal."

Police say the girl was playing on the treadmill on Monday when her head apparently slipped inside a cord hanging under the console. Exodus' 7-year-old brother found her and alerted his mother.

"Somehow she was playing on this treadmill, and there's a cord that hangs under the console — it's kind of a loop," police Sgt. Andy Hill said. "Either she slipped or put her head in the loop, but it acted like a noose, and she was obviously unable to get herself off of it."

Former heavyweight champion Tyson was in Las Vegas at the time of the accident and flew to Phoenix on Monday.

Responding officers and firefighters performed CPR on Exodus as they rushed her to a nearby hospital.

Tyson spokeswoman Cynthia Schwartz said the family had not arranged a funeral yet.

Prayers go out to the Tyson family.

We can call Tyson, crazy or whatever, but no one should go through this.:(

lepfan
05-26-2009, 10:14 PM

injuredinmelee
05-26-2009, 10:43 PM
terrible tragedy.

waterboy
05-27-2009, 07:26 AM
That's very sad. Mike Tyson has definitely gone through his share of troubles. This has to be like a dagger in the heart. I can't imagine losing a child. By the way, who's the mother of this child?

44INAROW
05-27-2009, 08:46 AM
Very sad for the family :( Tyson had just been on several talk shows last week and seemed pretty "good natured', especially on Jimmy Kimmel. I can't imagine losing a child of any age, much less such a young, innocent 4 year old :( I hope the brother gets some counseling, finding your little sister like that has got to be traumatic:( :( :(

Cameron Crazy
05-27-2009, 10:02 AM
It's a sad deal when anyone dies but when its a little child is hearbreaking. Prayers go out to his family.

PHS Wildcats
05-27-2009, 08:07 PM
Originally posted by waterboy
That's very sad. Mike Tyson has definitely gone through his share of troubles. This has to be like a dagger in the heart. I can't imagine losing a child. By the way, who's the mother of this child?

The mom's names is "Sol Xochitl"

There's a pic of her in the link. There's also a pic of Mike and Exodus when she was younger.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1187609/Mike-Tyson-devastated-daughter-4-dies-accident-treadmill.html