PDA

View Full Version : Bellville AD/HC

HawkEye
05-25-2009, 05:42 PM
Any leads on who the leader of the Brahmas will be? When is the deadline for applications?

RedStorm
05-25-2009, 06:31 PM
its gunna be Collier or Foster...Foster being the favorite

rancher
05-25-2009, 08:09 PM
Coach Foster is what Im hearing from my sources also. When is the next school board meeting, I hear they may make their choice official then. Both very good coaches.

BV Sports Fan
05-26-2009, 11:52 AM
Are both these guys "in house" guys?

Anybody here who the applicants are? It seems like somebody is always putting a Freedom of Information Act request and publishing the names.

BV Sports Fan
05-26-2009, 01:21 PM
Deadlines for applications is May 29th. Board meetings are usually on Monday nights. When is Bellville's next scheduled meeting?

Bulligator
05-26-2009, 01:53 PM
From my recollections, the BISD board always meets on the 3rd Thursday of the month. Therefore, the next scheduled meeting would be June 18th. I'm thinking that a special called meeting would take place before that. Of course, I have been known to be wrong. :)

Johnny Utah
05-26-2009, 08:33 PM
Rumor is they are opening it up. If they do, others in the district will get the leg up on the Brahmas. JMO.

RedStorm
05-26-2009, 08:43 PM
no the hire will come from within

Electus Unus
05-26-2009, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by Johnny Utah
Rumor is they are opening it up. If they do, others in the district will get the leg up on the Brahmas. JMO. Losing the guy they had already gives others in the district a leg up.

Bull Butter
05-26-2009, 11:26 PM
Huey stepping aside?

Johnny Utah
05-27-2009, 08:09 AM
Electus, not if they hire from within, those coordinators and coaches have been there a long long time. Bull, Huey went to Pine Tree.

BV Sports Fan
05-27-2009, 10:34 AM
The danger of hiring from the outside, at this time of year, is getting kids/coaches on same page before game #1. Hire from within, and there is less likely to be a change in scheme/terminology. An outside the district hire might bring in new ideas/fire. Either way, I imagine Bellville will come out of it smelling good.

Bulligator
05-27-2009, 01:33 PM
According to today's Bellville Times, there have been 17 applicants for the opening and they are listed. It will remain open until the 29th, and they hope to have a name by June 17th, the next board meeting. The article states the selection committee is made up of district administrators, with no members from the community.

I would have thought that more would have applied. Maybe it's not that good of a job after all. Or, most think one of the current staff will replace Chancellor.

4th & short
05-27-2009, 02:16 PM
Who are the 17? Do you have a link

RedStorm
05-27-2009, 03:52 PM
I was wrong with my initial report...apparently the hire will be from outside the program

Bulligator
05-27-2009, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by 4th & short
Who are the 17? Do you have a link

The Bellville Times has not entered the internet age, so no link. Here's the best my old fingers can do:

All those who have applied or submitted letters of interest as of 5/22. The paper said 17, but they only printed 16 names unless I missed one.

Doug Foster - Bellville
Kirk Collier – Bellville
Christopher Biggs – Bryan
Samuel Callis – Kingsville
Ray Caughthern – East Chambers
Clint Finley – Victoria Memorial
Steve Hale – Ft. Worth Arlington Heights
Kevin Hayes – Teague
Stanley Howard – Katy Morton Ranch
William Kavanaugh – A&M Consolidated
Travis Reeve – Cuero
Bruce Roberts – New Caney
Bo Robinson – Montgomery
Ty Rogers – Temple Christian Fort Worth
Brett Sawyer – Richardson Berkner
Jeffrey Williams – Pearland

Bulligator
05-27-2009, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by RedStorm
I was wrong with my initial report...apparently the hire will be from outside the program

I hate to hear that. That probably means the entire staff may go, as I'm sure some will follow Chancellor. I feel for the upcoming seniors. No disrespect to the other classes, but they are some of the best skill position talent to come through BHS in a long time.

RedStorm
05-27-2009, 04:16 PM
Yeah i agree next year is Bellville's last chance for a few years to make a run at state.

rancher
05-27-2009, 05:26 PM
Relax, this is just part of the dance, taking applications. The top two names will be the the ones taken to board for a decision. A couple of names on the list I know they have come close to being fired for their judgement and actions in the community.

zebrablue2
05-27-2009, 05:43 PM
a little birdie told me that a valentine may be in the mix. i sure hope so. great coach and person. he would pick right up where chancellor left off.

oline09
05-27-2009, 08:26 PM
Isn't Bo Robinson from La Vernia

HawkEye
05-27-2009, 09:44 PM
Ray Kavanaugh is the DC at A&M Consolidated-College Station. He has been there for 10 years and they have been in the playoffs at least 8-10 years. He was an all-stater for Ross Rogers at Consol, and played at McNeese State. Good coach and even better man. If they open it up he would be a very good candidate.

4th & short
05-27-2009, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by Bulligator
The Bellville Times has not entered the internet age, so no link. Here's the best my old fingers can do:

All those who have applied or submitted letters of interest as of 5/22. The paper said 17, but they only printed 16 names unless I missed one.

Doug Foster - Bellville
Kirk Collier – Bellville
Kevin Hayes – Teague
Travis Reeve – Cuero
Bo Robinson – Montgomery

Who of these have head coaching experience? Why are there not more applicants?

BV Sports Fan
05-28-2009, 09:28 AM
Doug Foster - Bellville
Kirk Collier – Bellville
Kevin Hayes – Teague
Travis Reeve – Cuero
Bo Robinson – Montgomery

Leonard McAngus from Justin Northwest (former Gonzales HC) is also on the list.

Lots of coordinators from successful programs on this list.

FbCoachB40
05-28-2009, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by BV Sports Fan
Doug Foster - Bellville
Kirk Collier – Bellville
Kevin Hayes – Teague
Travis Reeve – Cuero
Bo Robinson – Montgomery

Leonard McAngus from Justin Northwest (former Gonzales HC) is also on the list.

Lots of coordinators from successful programs on this list.

It is Chris Roberts of New Caney, not Bruce Roberts

raider red 2000
05-28-2009, 12:49 PM
i think bruce is russell's first name.

buff4ever
05-31-2009, 11:52 PM
Originally posted by Ernest T Bass
Still not the complete list. ;)

You don't prove knowledge of anything w/o listing the complete list that can be validated later.;)

oline09
06-01-2009, 06:19 AM
There are about 50 name absent from the list

sinton66
06-01-2009, 06:24 AM
I assume that if names were left off the newspaper article, it's probably at the request of the applicants. They have a right to have or not have their names published in connection with a job application. Some may not want their communities to know they are looking. Hopefully we can all respect these men enough to be patient and see how it all turns out.

HawkEye
06-02-2009, 10:25 PM
This job closed on the 29th. Is there any word?

Either they promote one of the inside candidates, or they start interviewing, which one is it?

Bulligator
06-03-2009, 11:36 AM
The Bellville Times reported that 26 had applied, and the administration was to narrow it down and start interviewing this week. The paper reported the names of those to be interviewed was unavailable at press time, which was Monday night.

I. B. Watching
06-03-2009, 05:21 PM
Twenty-six names? So I guess there weren't 50 names absent from the list.

OldBison75
06-04-2009, 02:30 PM
The rumor is out that there were well over 50 people that made contact with Bellville people about the opening and several removed their names when the minimum requirements were known. Many smaller school people had interest, but the requirement for a 3A or higher head coach or coordinator cut them out. I also heard that at least one prospective applicant was told straight up that every effort was going to be made to hire from within and if that failed, only a person with 3A or higher head coaching experience would be considered. Solid info on the last part.

I. B. Watching
06-04-2009, 05:11 PM
So no one from below Class 3A applied?

oline09
06-05-2009, 10:34 AM
I know from a 1A that interview

OldBison75
06-05-2009, 01:43 PM
No, I did not say that the school district would not consider below 3A, I said that some coaches that inquired to some friends in the Bellville School District were told that that was the requirements and decided not to apply. Some actually read the posting and applied when such restrictions were not included. However, my source says that they are pretty sure that a current assistant will get the job.

I. B. Watching
06-05-2009, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by OldBison75
No, I did not say that the school district would not consider below 3A, I said that some coaches that inquired to some friends in the Bellville School District were told that that was the requirements and decided not to apply. Some actually read the posting and applied when such restrictions were not included. However, my source says that they are pretty sure that a current assistant will get the job.
Oh OK. Thanks for clearing it up. I just didn't understand what the school was doing.

oline09
06-08-2009, 06:17 PM
Who are they hiring tonight in Bellville?

oline09
06-08-2009, 10:14 PM
Good Luck to Foster