PDA

View Full Version : Valley School's??????

SHSBulldog00
05-24-2009, 10:26 PM
Region 4 is considered the region of the Valley school's. Are D25 and D26 school's Valley school's?

I don't think so...They are more Houston or Austin area schools.

texansfan
05-25-2009, 12:20 AM
Where'd you hear that shs? The way we see it, Region IV is South Texas...not just RGV. No two ways about it...

coxjj
05-25-2009, 01:11 AM
Put yourself in UIL shoes. There are 4 regions within each of the 5 classifications to put all of the schools in. There has to be decisions made on these borders every time there is realignment due to opening/closing of schools, schools increasing/decreasing populations. Given all of that, the numbers of schools in each class and each region within class get re-evaluated every 2 years in order to keep things from getting out of hand. The schools along the border of the classes and regions will sometimes experience a change in classification and/or region. D25 and D26 were on that bubble this last time. It happens. I remember a few years back when Needville qualified for 4A (by 1 student). Not a great couple of years competition-wise. I'm glad I'm not in the part of the UIL that has to decide all of this. Like an umpire's job ... you're always making somebody mad no matter what decision you make.

Electus Unus
05-25-2009, 01:23 AM
lolz

Footballhudini
05-25-2009, 04:12 AM
they might as well have region IV split up into two regions.

North/east and Valley

Rabid Cougar
05-25-2009, 07:01 AM
And D7 and D8 are West Texas Schools in Region 1 right?
10 to 12 hours in the car this past weekend tells me "No !".

sinton66
05-25-2009, 07:12 AM
Originally posted by SHSBulldog00
Region 4 is considered the region of the Valley school's. Are D25 and D26 school's Valley school's?

LOL, at one time, Liberty Hill and Burnet were in Region 4.

Additup
05-25-2009, 07:52 AM
Originally posted by sinton66
LOL, at one time, Liberty Hill and Burnet were in Region 4.
WACO UNIVERSITY was a Region IV school for 2 years in the mid-90's. That's the most northern school I can ever remember being in Reg. IV

D1-D8 is Reg. I
D9-D16 is Reg. II
D17-D24 is Reg. III
D25-D32 is Reg. IV

coxjj
05-25-2009, 08:04 AM
If you divide the state into 4 regions, the schools where boundaries all come together would likely be in the middle of the state. Seems to me that those schools could likely end up in ANY region when it comes time for realignment, it just depends on where you have to drawn the lines. There's gotta be some borders and those "on the edges" will always be likely to get switched. The regions can't be of equal size, they must be of equal number of similarly-sized schools, therefore, West Texas will always have further travel since their schools are further apart and cover more area. The schools that get switched will either be happy or unhappy with the change depending upon how it affects their own school. I can't see a way to always make everyone happy.

SintonFan_inAustin
05-25-2009, 10:15 AM

I don't think so...They are more Houston or Austin area schools. in baseball, Region 4 is Corpus Christi area teams :D

jk, but Region 4 is a big region but not heavily populated like region 3 or region 2 so i think thats why it extends further north to try and get as close as possible the same number of teams for each region.

RHCat1031
05-25-2009, 11:16 AM

Region 4 covers San Antonio area,Corpus,RGV,and I believe the Laredo Area.