PDA

View Full Version : new pictures of Prospers new high school crazy

orange machine
05-24-2009, 07:29 PM
http://secure.smilebox.com/ecom/openTheBox?sendevent=4f4467344d6a41334e773d3d0d0a&sb=1

tigerfan09
05-24-2009, 08:40 PM
Wow...that looks like university facilities...there must be a lot of money floating around Prosper, TX...

SHSBulldog00
05-24-2009, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by tigerfan09
Wow...that looks like university facilities...there must be a lot of money floating around Prosper, TX...

:iagree: I'm jealous. How many students will it be able to hold?

PurpleFreddy
05-24-2009, 09:33 PM
Well, much of their school district is within McKinney city limits, so they are getting a lot of the growth that has been happening for the past decade. Plus, if you've driven on U.S. 380 between McKinney and Denton lately you'll notice several planned "communities" that are in Prosper ISD.

orange machine
05-24-2009, 09:59 PM
The school will hold 5a numbers. I drove by it the other day and its ot of this world. All of the athletic facilities are state of the art.

gobbler grad
05-24-2009, 10:13 PM
that's awesome...:thinking:

Matthew328
05-25-2009, 12:38 AM
when will the new stadium be ready?

scrub c
05-25-2009, 07:06 AM
beautiful...

WildTexan972
05-25-2009, 03:57 PM
nice buildings alright.....but sure does explain why so many folks whine about tight finances in education when a school district blows so much money on buildings just so they can brag at teacher/administrator conferences....see Frisco schools for other examples...."well built to last decades" is good.....fancy just to brag on the cost is not needed....

orange machine
05-25-2009, 04:57 PM
I would love to have been able to go to a school that was that nice. They have the stands up for the new baseball fields and softball fields, but no stands for the football, they may be waiting awhile like Celina.

Twirling Time
05-25-2009, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by orange machine
I would love to have been able to go to a school that was that nice. They have the stands up for the new baseball fields and softball fields, but no stands for the football, they may be waiting awhile like Celina.

Is Celina planning on turning the practice field up at the new school into a stadium eventually, then?

orange machine
05-25-2009, 06:50 PM
From what i have been told that is the future plan. I think alot of people are against moving the stadium to the new high school they want it left there where it is. It would be ok if they would turn the field behind the vistors bleachers into parking. Then add more bleachers to both sides and build a new concession stand and restrooms.

lakers
05-25-2009, 10:10 PM
That is one of the nicest plans for a high school that I have ever seen.:clap:

Twirling Time
05-26-2009, 05:53 AM
From what i have been told that is the future plan. I think alot of people are against moving the stadium to the new high school they want it left there where it is. It would be ok if they would turn the field behind the vistors bleachers into parking. Then add more bleachers to both sides and build a new concession stand and restrooms.

The long-timers definitely are dead-set against a new stadium, and I see their point — there's no track and it's an awesome place to watch a game.

But the unfortunate fact is, Celina has already outgrown it and there is no room to expand, short of switching sides and making the visitor's side the home side. But if you do that, there goes the parking, which already is an issue.

Plus the sun would be in the home fans' eyes in the early part of the season if the sides were switched. Very few stadiums have the home side on the east side for this reason — Sherman is one, Tom Bean is another, and I'm straining to think of another one.

Twirling Time
05-26-2009, 06:07 AM
Ron Poe in McKinney — there's one more that has the home side looking into the sunset. Although, by the time I see that place, it's late in the year and the sun's long set.

If I remember right, Honey Grove's home side also faces west.

Dang, this is a topic that deserves its own thread in late August.

Ex-Tiger2005
05-26-2009, 09:14 AM
thats amazing!

orange machine
05-26-2009, 03:27 PM
What they could do is make the practice field behind the vistors bleachers a parking lot. There is still plenty of room to add onto the bleachers on that side either by going longer on both ends or going up or both. The home side is a little different since they built the weight room behind the stands. The only thing i could see is geeting rid of the weight room and go up with the blechers. The bleahcers already go from goal line to goal line so leangth is not a problem. I believe they have a new weight room at the high school with a brand new practice field so they wouldnt need the practice field behind the visitors stands. As far as the concession stand and restrooms they could build one on both sides or build a new one where the one is located now. I would love for them to be able to keep the stadium where it is alot of tradition at that field not to mention the nice trees in the south endzone with the creek.

sic'em
05-26-2009, 07:49 PM
I hope celina keeps the old stadium, I kicked more than one ball over the net and in that creek. I also used to aim for the concession stand on the other end. I hope PP stays with the old stadium too, as well as the grass surface.

As for Prosper's school, it is nice to see school districts that build for tomorrow, do things right, and spend what is needed. I have been fortunate to live in two towns that have done this: Ennis and Forney. I grew up in one that.. uh, not so much.

orange machine
05-26-2009, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by sic'em
I hope celina keeps the old stadium, I kicked more than one ball over the net and in that creek. I also used to aim for the concession stand on the other end. I hope PP stays with the old stadium too, as well as the grass surface.

As for Prosper's school, it is nice to see school districts that build for tomorrow, do things right, and spend what is needed. I have been fortunate to live in two towns that have done this: Ennis and Forney. I grew up in one that.. uh, not so much.

Massey stadium needs some bigger visitors bleachers and they need to atleast make a side walk so the visitors dont have to walk on the grass and fall and bust there butts on the little hill area.

sic'em
05-26-2009, 10:49 PM
Massey stadium needs some bigger visitors bleachers and they need to atleast make a side walk so the visitors dont have to walk on the grass and fall and bust there butts on the little hill area.

that would mean they would have to spend money. that is something they are averse to.

orange machine
05-26-2009, 11:27 PM
Originally posted by sic'em
that would mean they would have to spend money. that is something they are averse to.

Massey stadium is in need of some upgrades.

orange machine
05-26-2009, 11:28 PM
Speaking of upgrades they need to get some new field goal post. The ones they have now are so dang out dated. They might aswell have the old H for the field goal post.

sic'em
05-26-2009, 11:57 PM
Speaking of upgrades they need to get some new field goal post. The ones they have now are so dang out dated. They might aswell have the old H for the field goal post.

now that's funny. the state of the art sound system is nice too. it's an old school single speaker that sits on top of the press box. the fact that the visiting team has to dress all the way over in the jr. high gym locker rooms is nice too. then they have to walk into the stadium from behind the home stands. lighting is pretty rough too, the end zones are really dark. i will say one positive thing though, the playing surface is the best grass field i ever played on.

as far as the visitor's stands go, they are plenty big enough now that PP is back in 2a and not playing Celina. valley view and s&s have plenty of room...

orange machine
05-27-2009, 12:04 AM
I remember those nasty freakin locker rooms and all those wonderful PP people mouthing as you walk onto the field. I just honestly cant believe that no coach has changed the field goal post yet. Crap even s&s changed field goal post like 7 or 8 years ago.

sic'em
05-27-2009, 12:26 AM
I am pretty sure those goal posts are compliments of PP FFA class of 1973. That's when the stadium was built.

bulldog25
05-27-2009, 10:37 AM
That makes our new school look like a pre-school.....amazing

SintonFan
05-27-2009, 01:17 PM
Absolutely great looking school.:clap:
I wonder how much that cost?

orange machine
05-27-2009, 06:20 PM
I just saw where someone posted it was $750,000,000

SintonFan
05-27-2009, 06:23 PM
I just saw where someone posted it was $750,000,000
Ummm...
three quarters of a BILLION dollars???
:eek: :eek: :eek:

orange machine
05-27-2009, 09:55 PM
http://secure.smilebox.com/ecom/openTheBox?sendevent=4f5455794f4455304f5877784f444 d784f4455314e673d3d0d0a&sb=1

NEW PICS

SintonFan
05-27-2009, 10:09 PM
No I must RESIIIIIISSSSSTTTTTTT!
3/4 of a BILLION dollars??????????:eek:

SintonFan
05-27-2009, 10:20 PM
Do the owners of Exxon live there?
Friggin' nice!

orange machine
05-27-2009, 10:21 PM
Did you see the bb arena

sic'em
05-27-2009, 10:41 PM
that bb arena is awesome. if i lived up there and was about to have school aged kids, I would move into the district in a heartbeat. I don't care what the tax rate is, it would be worth it for my kids to have the advantages of first rate facilities like that. It reminds me of Lovejoy. They did it right too.

gatordaze
05-28-2009, 08:14 AM
Originally posted by SintonFan
No I must RESIIIIIISSSSSTTTTTTT!
3/4 of a BILLION dollars??????????:eek:

This is from the PSID website...

Exactly how much is the District asking for in the November bond election?

The PISD Board of Trustees has called a $710 million bond election for November 6, 2007 which is projected to address the growing student population until 2015.

How did the District determine which projects to propose in the bond?

There are approximately 2,800 students projected to be enrolled in Prosper ISD at the end of the 2007/08 school year. The District has been studying the demographics and growth trends and has determined that number will increase to nearly 10,000 students by 2015. A Bond Steering Committee, made up of about 20 members of the Prosper community, was organized to study the District’s current facilities and future priorities until 2015. The committee concentrated in the areas of district growth, safety, curriculum, technology and infrastructure. The projects in the proposed bond issue address items detailed in the findings.

SintonFan
05-28-2009, 04:59 PM
Wow!

Emerson1
05-28-2009, 04:59 PM
Looks just like Weatherford's HS