PDA

View Full Version : Prayers Needed

rhs78
05-24-2009, 11:38 AM
I know it is not a 3-A town but prayers are needed in Hallettsville for the Bludau family. Their son was run over by a truck last nite and Tyler lost his life. He was a senoir on the baseball team. Very sad day. Please keep the family, school and community in your prayers

Ranger Mom
05-24-2009, 12:28 PM
That is terrible....they have my prayers!:(

SHSBulldog00
05-24-2009, 12:34 PM
My condolences to the family. I know a person with the same last name. Don't know if they are related...I will ask next time I see her.:(

CHS_CG
05-24-2009, 01:00 PM
I am so sorry to hear that:( Prayers sent to his family friends and community! Such a shame to hear that a priceless life is lost.. it happens all to often!

pirate4state
05-24-2009, 02:45 PM
:(

prayers sent

zebrablue2
05-24-2009, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by rhs78
I know it is not a 3-A town but prayers are needed in Hallettsville for the Bludau family. Their son was run over by a truck last nite and Tyler lost his life. He was a senoir on the baseball team. Very sad day. Please keep the family, school and community in your prayers

that kind of news makes me feel very ill. prayers sent from bellville..

gobbler grad
05-24-2009, 03:46 PM
prayers from Cuero for this family...:(

44INAROW
05-24-2009, 10:59 PM
This is just a terrible situation. God Bless the Bludau family as well as the girl with him and the boy driving the truck. My heart goes out to all invovled and the community of Hallettsville :(

Link (http://www.victoriaadvocate.com/news/2009/may/24/bl_baseballfatal_052509_51839/?counties)
BY BRANDON LEONARD - bleonard@vicad.com Sunday, May 24, 2009
HALLETTSVILLE - Tyler Bludau, a Hallettsville High School senior and player on the baseball team, was killed after he was thrown from a truck on private property early Sunday morning. He was 18.

The 9-1-1 call came in about 12:20 a.m., Lavaca County Sheriff Micah Harmon said. the accident was first reported as a major traffic accident on Farm-to-Market Road 530, about 16 miles from Hallettsville. Officers and EMS responded but discovered the accident was on private property about 1.3 miles off FM 530, Harmon said.

According to the initial report, Tyler was sitting on the tailgate with an 18-year-old girl when a driver, who was not aware the two were there, started driving the truck and doing doughnuts, Harmon said. The two were then thrown from the truck.

Because of the dust in the air, witnesses could not see if Tyler was struck by the truck after being thrown, Harmon said.

Tyler was transported by ambulance to Lavaca Medical Center in Hallettsville and then flown to Citizens Medical Center by helicopter, where he was pronounced dead, Harmon said.

Victoria County Justice of the Peace Stuart Posey is performing the inquest, Harmon said.

The girl who was sitting next to Tyler suffered a broken arm when she was thrown, Harmon said.

The sheriff's office isn't releasing the name of the driver or the girl. The investigation is continuing, Harmon said.

Hallettsville baseball coach Calvin Cook found out about the accident Sunday morning, he said.

"He was a great kid. You couldn't find a better one. He was always the first one there," Cook said. "When I arrived to go to the game Saturday, he was already there."

Tyler played first base on the baseball team and had a double in the Brahmas final game of the season, a loss to Rogers in the Class 2A regional quarterfinals.

In addition to baseball, Tyler was also a member of the Hallettsville FFA and won a new truck at the Houston Livestock Show this year.

"Tyler's real sharp and hardworking," ag teacher Paul Cook told the Advocate in a story about Tyler's success earlier this year. "He'll do well in life."

Tyler was also active in student council, National Honor Society, Science Club and football. He had planned to attend the school of engineering at Texas A&M University.

Advocate reporter Mike Forman contributed to this report.

skins4life
05-25-2009, 09:25 AM
Prayers from Skins and his family.

PhiI C
05-25-2009, 09:28 AM
Prayers from Sinton. A terrible tragedy.

West22
05-25-2009, 08:43 PM
Prayers for the family from here.It is an accident that could happen to anyone so all involved will suffer.May God bring comfort to his family and all his friends.He sounds like a boy that any parent would be very proud of and a great kid .God bless.

LH Panther Mom
05-25-2009, 08:56 PM
:( Prayers from me....

sinton66
05-25-2009, 09:02 PM
Tragic, prayers sent.

Bone Pile
05-26-2009, 11:33 AM
Lots of prayers sent to the family and friends. Nothing could be more difficult than losing a child. My heart is very heavy for all involved.