PDA

View Full Version : Sinton plays Robstown tonight in Robstown in Softball playoff.

Phil C
05-18-2009, 08:47 AM
I think it starts at 7 P.M. Maybe P4S can correct and update. This was told to me by one of the players so please confirm P4S.
If so it will be a one game playoff. Sinton was District Champions and Robstown was third place. Both teams split during the season and this game sees who advances. I hope we don't have the same two umpires we had in the first game this year or we are in extra trouble.
Also we won District and Robstown third place yet the playoff game is in Robstown. Not much reward for the team that won the district championship. UIL needs to address this. If Robstown were district champions then yes the game should be in Robstown.

pirate4state
05-18-2009, 08:58 AM
LOL Phil

Yes, the game is at 7pm. It will be rowdy for sure in Robstown. Those are the breaks! We do well when we play in Robstown! :2thumbsup

truebluestang
05-18-2009, 09:15 AM
You always flip for site of playoff games. This will not change.

Johnny Utah
05-18-2009, 09:17 AM
Those things happen if you flip home/home Phil. Call the UIL and voice your concern over a coin flip, please! I would really like to know what they say...LOL

pirate4state
05-18-2009, 09:19 AM
If Phil, aka The Sinton Godfather, thinks we should play at home, I'm sure he can make it happen!

HA HA

Seriously though, I hate playing playoff games at home!

coxjj
05-18-2009, 09:35 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
I think it starts at 7 P.M. Maybe P4S can correct and update. This was told to me by one of the players so please confirm P4S.
If so it will be a one game playoff. Sinton was District Champions and Robstown was third place. Both teams split during the season and this game sees who advances. I hope we don't have the same two umpires we had in the first game this year or we are in extra trouble.
Also we won District and Robstown third place yet the playoff game is in Robstown. Not much reward for the team that won the district championship. UIL needs to address this. If Robstown were district champions then yes the game should be in Robstown.

The reward for winning district is a bye to the Area round and an opponent who is not a district champion.

Phil C
05-18-2009, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by coxjj
The reward for winning district is a bye to the Area round and an opponent who is not a district champion.

I don't think any of you realized what I meant but oh well. Go Lady Pirates!

Pray we don't have those same umpires though. If we have good umpires I will be satisfied even though the game is away.
I will be at the baseball game in Sinton tonight tough since it is home.

pirate4state
05-18-2009, 02:15 PM
I don't think any of you realized what I meant but oh well. Go Lady Pirates! Do we ever? ;)

Phil C
05-18-2009, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by coxjj

What about football when a district champion in the first playoff game has to travel 150 miles to play a team that got third place in their district? What is the reward? The travel. LOL

pirate4state
05-18-2009, 03:41 PM
What about football when a district champion in the first playoff game has to travel 150 miles to play a team that got third place in their district? What is the reward? The travel. LOL

We lost a flip. It happens.

Johnny Utah
05-18-2009, 04:34 PM
Phil C, your not seriously stating that district champions do that on purpose are you??? Sometimes those things happen, and it is the luck of the draw and luck of the flip etc...