PDA

View Full Version : The Remarkable Rockets!

Phil C
05-18-2009, 08:44 AM
They were real fighters. It will always be a mystery if they had had their two top players would they have beat the Lakers? I don't know but they showed lots of heart and fight in taking the Lakers to 7 games.
Would the Bulls in the 90s have won championships without Michael and Scotty. I don't think so. Would the Lakers have won a few years ago without Kobe and Bryant. No way. Would the Spurs have won their championships without Parker and Duncan.
Teams have overcome losing one super star but few could afford to lost their top two players. The Celtics just lost out because they didn't have just one of their main players. And can you imagine Denver without Carmelo.
A salute to the Rockets.

SWMustang
05-18-2009, 09:16 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
Would the Lakers have won a few years ago without Kobe and Bryant. No way. .

what? :)

carter08
05-18-2009, 09:30 AM
i'd pick rockets with out mcgrady over rockets with him. imo, he needs to go if they ever want to win. trade him for a couple solid players, maybe a starter and a big man to back yao up.

Farmersfan
05-18-2009, 09:52 AM
Congrats to the Rockets for staying hungry and playing hard. But also thanks to the Lakers for trying to sleep walk through that series. McGrady brought nothing to the team and they actually got better after he got hurt. And I will let someone else address your comparison of Yao Ming to Jordan, Duncan, Kobe or Shaq because I want to try to always play nice.............:D

waterboy
05-18-2009, 09:57 AM
Dang, I thought this was a Waco Robinson thread. Oh, well, the Rockets gave the Lakers all they could handle. It'll be interesting to see if the Thuggets can do the same.:)

Ex-Tiger2005
05-18-2009, 10:12 AM
They made it a run without T-MAC and Yao so it will be interesting to see how much juice the lakers will have left.

Phil C
05-18-2009, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by SWMustang
what? :)

Would you believe Shaq. :) Or even right now without Kobe or Gasol.

SWMustang
05-18-2009, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
Would you believe Shaq. :) Or even right now without Kobe or Gasol.

missed it by that much. ;)

Bull's-eye
05-18-2009, 12:18 PM
The point Phil was trying to make is most of these teams would not of been very successful with the lost of their 2 best players. I know that Yao & T-Mac aren't in the same class with some of those great players, but it's still very amazing. The Lakers probably don't even make the playoffs without Gasol, they didn't 2 seasons ago. :thinking: