PDA

View Full Version : What to expect on Monday

Matthew328
02-01-2002, 07:21 PM
I haven't talked to bc or Jacket in a while...so I dunno what they have planned for Monday...BUT I'll be online between 9 am and 11 am on Monday and I'll try and have all the districts posted for everyone...as soon as I can get em....if you want the info right at 9 then watch Fox Sports Southwest or go to the uil website...also there is sure to be lots of talk on www.txpreps.com (http://www.txpreps.com) and hey lets get some talk going here Monday..this realignment is probably the most interesting realignment ever!

eye of the tiger
02-01-2002, 08:05 PM
Matthew this is the first weekend in many years i wish would go fast. I read with interest you predictions on "the old coach" board. Talk of Paris N.Lamar going down and Farmersville going back up could really change 11-3A. I was happy for Farmersville when they went 2A and they competed nicely. I dont think they will be too happy coming back up. Paris N. Lamar will probably compete nicely in 3A. Can honestly say it will not bother me if Forney and Commerce or not in the same district. On another note. My wife and I have moved to Ft Worth and she teaches at Northside now. Interesting switch from a dynamic program to one that needs serious help. We still own our home in Commerce and are still Tigers forever. My point is if Everman and Aledo go 4A and if you and Bearcat are inclined to start a 4A board, Ill be there to participate. Steers never quit. Just doesnt have that ring. Sorry for the long post. Talk to you Monday

Matthew328
02-01-2002, 11:10 PM
Yeah North Side and Commerce are 2 different worlds...North Side is a tough place to be for any football coach...as for next year I don't know what is gonna happen..I've gotta lot of things going on in my life at the moment so I am not sure if I'll be able to dedicate as much time next year as this year...hopefully however if Everman goes up or stays in 3A I'll be able to contribute my small store of knowledge to someone!

eye of the tiger
02-01-2002, 11:25 PM
Well I sure appreciate everything you have done. And dont cut yourself short, you have an incredible amount of knowledge. Anyhow Monday will be fun for sure.

Jacket2000
02-01-2002, 11:26 PM
As for me and BC, Im sure we'll both be in our respective classes. We cant stay home like some people <cough>MATT<cough>. But Im sure we'll be watching the replay later on.
As for the site, seeing how we're now 3 years deep, I dont think we'll be changing our format because two teams change classifications. At least I hope not.
J2K

eye of the tiger
02-02-2002, 11:46 AM
Thats good news Jacket. Football season would not be the same without "3A DOWN LOW"

Ktown2004
02-02-2002, 08:01 PM
Matthew 328

Try this on for size

Everman, Kennedale, D.Hill, Cater-Riv, Venus, and ...... (I don't know the other one but take this to the bank)

Let me know what you think?!?!

Matthew328
02-03-2002, 10:29 PM
How about adding Lake Worth and Castleberry to that...that makes 7 and then you could have a wild card...either Glen Rose or Ferris...wouldn't mind seeing that district

alanclay37
02-04-2002, 01:12 AM
Everybody better hope Burnet goes to 4A cause if they stay, I dont think that there is a team that can beat them.

toby070
02-04-2002, 09:24 AM
I've said the same thing several times...they only lose three or four kids off that team, right?

AlanClay, how strange was it seeing Burnet run a spread after years in the wishbone? They seem better suited to that type of offense. Miller will run for 2,000 + yards next year.

fury900
02-04-2002, 10:28 AM
District 5 3A

Bowie
Breckenridge
Childress
Graham
Iowa Park
Vernon