PDA

View Full Version : The Missing Link found?

Txbroadcaster
05-23-2009, 12:18 PM
http://www.guardian.co.uk/science/2009/may/19/ida-fossil-missing-link

All the talk earlier this week on here about evolution and such and the one link might have been found

vet93
05-23-2009, 01:18 PM
As a scientist my first question is that...why can't this simply be a new species. Yes there are characteristics that belong to old world primates as well as primates such as chimpanzees, however, to me that does not necessarily prove a linkage per se. The scientific community is in such a dither to prove the evolutionary theory that they work backwards with their scientific method instead of forwards. Working backwards means that they have this huge hypothesis to "prove" so that any discovery has to be crammed into conformity with that hypothesis instead of forming new ideas based on the evidence. The evolutionary record has holes in it the size of a locomotive but you will not hear anyone question that.

sahen
05-23-2009, 09:38 PM
the media has simplified it into a missing link that needs to be found...its not that simple, it is more than just a missing link, it is many....this fossil may help us understand early primates better but its not going to link men to apes like the media make it sound...

Trashman
05-23-2009, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by vet93
As a scientist my first question is that...why can't this simply be a new species. Yes there are characteristics that belong to old world primates as well as primates such as chimpanzees, however, to me that does not necessarily prove a linkage per se. The scientific community is in such a dither to prove the evolutionary theory that they work backwards with their scientific method instead of forwards. Working backwards means that they have this huge hypothesis to "prove" so that any discovery has to be crammed into conformity with that hypothesis instead of forming new ideas based on the evidence. The evolutionary record has holes in it the size of a locomotive but you will not hear anyone question that.

I would be willing to bet………it is nothing more than a missing Schneider poster.:devil: :stirpot: :stirpot:

Sweetwater Red
05-23-2009, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by Trashman
I would be willing to bet………it is nothing more than a missing Schneider poster.:devil: :stirpot: :stirpot:

Probably Drool's ancestry I'm thinking.:thinking: