PDA

View Full Version : That's Why He Makes the Big Bucks.....(LeBron James)

Bullaholic
05-23-2009, 08:11 AM
Incredible NBA playoff buzzer beater by LeBron James:

http://www.cleveland.com/plaindealer/index.ssf/2009/05/where_lebron_happens_james_inc.html

Diocletian
05-23-2009, 08:25 AM
damn, that was nice

i've been watching the entire playoffs and he is just playing on another level this year

they should have called that play for game 1~~!

alright let's "Witness" this in the finals....

PhiI C
05-23-2009, 09:28 AM
These semi games have all been exciting and close. But Lebron's effort is tops so far.

ziggy29
05-23-2009, 12:57 PM
That was a Jordanesque moment there.

Sweetwater Red
05-23-2009, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by ziggy29
That was a Jordanesque moment there.

All that was missing was the white guy guarding being named Craig Ehlo. Lol.

forum_guy
05-23-2009, 01:28 PM
it was a great shot but i still think the cavs are in trouble, they cant matchup with the magic, and dwight howard will not get the phantom fouls called on him in disneyworld like in cleveland

Pmoney
05-23-2009, 02:00 PM
It was a great shot but not anywhere greater than any other buzzer shot...He is not "King", to quote Dennis Green, "If you want to crown (him) than crown (his) a**!" but he is not what everyone keeps saying he is! and he is not jordan or even bird for that matter! I'm sorry for my little rant but I'm tired of hearing about how he is the best ever when he hasn't proved it and how everyone overreacts on a buzzershot in a GAME 2 not a Game 6 or Game 7 but a Game 2 at home where they are considered unbeatable at home

Sweetwater Red
05-23-2009, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by Pmoney
It was a great shot but not anywhere greater than any other buzzer shot...He is not "King", to quote Dennis Green, "If you want to crown (him) than crown (his) a**!" but he is not what everyone keeps saying he is! and he is not jordan or even bird for that matter! I'm sorry for my little rant but I'm tired of hearing about how he is the best ever when he hasn't proved it and how everyone overreacts on a buzzershot in a GAME 2 not a Game 6 or Game 7 but a Game 2 at home where they are considered unbeatable at home

He's not even better than Kobe. I don't care what Jerry West said.

forum_guy
05-23-2009, 02:09 PM
there is no one that can honestly say they would rather have lebron than kobe in the 4th quarter, this is just adding to the lebron rant that was just said. lol

mustang04
05-24-2009, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by Pmoney

HA! You HONESTLY think Lebron isnt better than Larry Bird???? FOOLISH

You put Lebron on a team with Scottie Pippen and Dennis Rodman and I PROMISE you they'd win a championship

Sweetwater Red
05-24-2009, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by mustang04
HA! You HONESTLY think Lebron isnt better than Larry Bird???? FOOLISH

You put Lebron on a team with Scottie Pippen and Dennis Rodman and I PROMISE you they'd win a championship

Lol. I agree with you Reg. But I have to ask. How old were you when Bird was playing like twelve?:D

LH Panther Mom
05-24-2009, 09:29 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
Lol. I agree with you Reg. But I have to ask. How old were you when Bird was playing like twelve?:D
Six when he retired. :p

SHSBulldog00
05-24-2009, 09:40 PM
Larry Bird is one of my cousins. Never met him before though.

Sweetwater Red
05-24-2009, 09:42 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Six when he retired. :p

Thanks! I guess everything he knows about Bird he either learned
from his dad or saw on tape.:thinking:

mustang04
05-24-2009, 09:53 PM
Thanks! I guess everything he knows about Bird he either learned
from his dad or saw on tape.:thinking:

ive seen Bird's highlights...and you compare those with Lebron's so far and I'd still say Lebron is better...granted...Bird has the jumpshot on Lebron...for now....but c'mon, Lebron is just as good of a passer...way more athletic, way stronger, just as smart, and now better defensively....Lebron can't help he doesnt have the supporting cast he really needs.

Alot of ppl won't give Lebron his credit because they DON'T WANT to see anyone be better than Jordan, or Bird, or their other childhood heros.

I'm not saying he is the best yet...but he has the makings o go down as the best ever...remember, the kid is only 24

Sweetwater Red
05-24-2009, 09:58 PM
ive seen Bird's highlights...and you compare those with Lebron's so far and I'd still say Lebron is better...granted...Bird has the jumpshot on Lebron...for now....but c'mon, Lebron is just as good of a passer...way more athletic, way stronger, just as smart, and now better defensively....Lebron can't help he doesnt have the supporting cast he really needs.

Alot of ppl won't give Lebron his credit because they DON'T WANT to see anyone be better than Jordan, or Bird, or their other childhood heros.

I'm not saying he is the best yet...but he has the makings o go down as the best ever...remember, the kid is only 24

If what you say is true then...

Who is the better RB?

Barry

or Emmit

SHSBulldog00
05-24-2009, 09:59 PM
Some other excellent players were

Wilt Chamberlain
Bill Russell - 11 Championship Rings (Most by one player)
Oscar Robertson

Don't forget Ervin "Magic" Johnson

SHSBulldog00
05-24-2009, 10:02 PM

Who is the better RB?

Barry

or Emmit

RB I would say Barry.....He retired early within reach of Walter Payton's rushing record......Remember he never had an offensive line or an offense his entire career. He was the only reason anyone watched Detroit.

LH Panther Mom
05-24-2009, 10:05 PM
Potential to be the best is one thing....but what I've read/seen/heard is many think he's already there.

gobbler grad
05-24-2009, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
Incredible NBA playoff buzzer beater by LeBron James:

http://www.cleveland.com/plaindealer/index.ssf/2009/05/where_lebron_happens_james_inc.html

how many times will that shot be re-played...:thinking:

was pretty awesome though...:)he can make them shots from almost anywhere on the court

mustang04
05-24-2009, 10:42 PM

Who is the better RB?

Barry

or Emmit

Barry....look at the line emmit had

mustang04
05-24-2009, 10:44 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Potential to be the best is one thing....but what I've read/seen/heard is many think he's already there.

if you ignored stats...and just took the player as they are....i'd say right NOW Lebron is a top 5 all time...I am talking about NO CHAMPIONSHIPS, NO STATISTICS...just who would win in a pickup game...Lebron would school bird 1 on 1

mustang04
05-24-2009, 10:46 PM
for example...look at Adrian peterson in highschool....he didnt win a state championship...but I am willing to bet allll my money he was a better rb than the startin rb's for either team that played in it

MamaBull
05-25-2009, 09:21 AM
yes, i agree that lebron is no jordan, bird or even bryant- dwight howard is better than all 4!

PhiI C
05-25-2009, 09:39 AM
Lebron is great and hopefully he will someday get an NBA championship. When he first got to Cleveland he didn't have much help and even though it is better Cleveland still needs that one more good player to go all the way plus one good bench player who can score.
Remember Jordan and Bird had much more help at Chicago and Boston. Jordan didn't start winning those championships until he got Pippen and others to help him. This was pointed out by mustang04.
It is like Dallas with Emmitt Smith. He had much more help than Barry had at Detroit. In fact due to free agency the Cowboys lost their help and went downhill in a few years. And Kobe wasn't doing to good a few years ago until the Lakers acquired Gasol in one of the most silly trades made by an NBA team (Memphis) that I wouldn't be surprised the the league big bosses "encouraged."
And also the Lakers got Derick Fischer from Utah for nothing because of his daughter's illness. Everyone was sympathetic with Fischer but he chose to go to the one team that Utah hated and didn't want him to go too so he did the Utah fans and team dirty on that. Still it may have been Utah's fault. They should have made that condition on him. Kobe has more help than Lebron obviously.

Electus Unus
05-25-2009, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by MamaBull
yes, i agree that lebron is no jordan, bird or even bryant- dwight howard is better than all 4! ya right.

LeBron will go down as the best to ever play.

mustang04
05-25-2009, 12:41 PM
word....King James is the man....one word....SPECIMEN

pirate4state
05-25-2009, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by MamaBull
yes, i agree that lebron is no jordan, bird or even bryant- dwight howard is better than all 4! :ack!: I was reminded last night why I can't stand watching the NBA! Stupid officials!

forum_guy
05-25-2009, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
:ack!: I was reminded last night why I can't stand watching the NBA! Stupid officials! yeah and last night showed what lebron is about. All he does is bulldoze to the basket and half the time it should be an offensive foul. His jumpshot is avg at best and he isnt a clutch closer like the greats.

mustang04
05-25-2009, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by forum_guy
yeah and last night showed what lebron is about. All he does is bulldoze to the basket and half the time it should be an offensive foul. His jumpshot is avg at best and he isnt a clutch closer like the greats.

so...he's still scoring way more a game than anyone else in the playoffs....if it was so easy to "bulldoze" to a basket why havent more ppl utlized it? oh yeah, cuz unlike evry other clumsy 6'8" 265lbs guy...lebron has speed, agility, and moves....you're just a hater plain and simple

GreenMachine
05-26-2009, 09:17 AM
Originally posted by ziggy29
That was a Jordanesque moment there. That was not Jordanesque. Lebron was surprised that he made it, you could see it by his reaction. Michael expected to make those shots and would have stood there posing with his hand in the air.

garciap77
05-26-2009, 09:18 AM

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/lebroninjury.jpg

;)

eagles_victory
05-26-2009, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
:ack!: I was reminded last night why I can't stand watching the NBA! Stupid officials! Im so sick of hearing how Kobe and Lebron get all the calls. Out of Lebrons 24 free throws 21 were legit the other night (outside of Howard blocking the 3 when the game was already decided) and look at Kobe last night he got fouled several times without a call.

Van Gundy is showing right now why he has no respect around the league he has been complaining nonstop about Lebron getting calls during game 3 and the day after but if you look at the numbers Howard shot 5 less free throws then Lebron in about 18 less minutes. If you do a foul per minute count Howard got fouled way more and some were touch fouls. Plus Hedo got to the line 12 times and he is a jump shooter who got most of those for touch fouls on the outside. Lastly Stan quit whining about the refs when your team shot 51 free throws and the other team shot 35 it makes you look stupid.

Also last night Denver shot 49 free throws to the Lakers 35 yea the refs are trying so hard to make it a Lakers Cavs finals.

BEAST
05-26-2009, 11:34 AM
I would take Lebron over Kobe in a second.

BEAST

mustang04
05-26-2009, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by BEAST
I would take Lebron over Kobe in a second.

BEAST

I think I just crapped my pants....

did BEAST say somthing that I actually agree with?!?!?!:eek: :eek:

mustang04
05-26-2009, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by GreenMachine
That was not Jordanesque. Lebron was surprised that he made it, you could see it by his reaction. Michael expected to make those shots and would have stood there posing with his hand in the air.

please....what was the whole celebation Jordan did in "The Shot" against the Cavs?????

I don't care what player you are but any of them will be Excited to make a game winning 3 at the buzzer to avoid going 0-2

he was excited cuz it wasnt the play they drew up....Lebron did a good job recognizing that the Magic was set up to defend that lob pass they did earlier in the season...so he made a play

BEAST
05-26-2009, 07:19 PM
I think I just crapped my pants....

did BEAST say somthing that I actually agree with?!?!?!:eek: :eek:

I know, seems weve been on opposite ends of most topics. And yes, I think I can smell you, you should go wash.:D

BEAST

GreenMachine
05-26-2009, 08:31 PM
please....what was the whole celebation Jordan did in "The Shot" against the Cavs?????

I don't care what player you are but any of them will be Excited to make a game winning 3 at the buzzer to avoid going 0-2

he was excited cuz it wasnt the play they drew up....Lebron did a good job recognizing that the Magic was set up to defend that lob pass they did earlier in the season...so he made a play I said "surprised", not "excited". Yes, Jordan was excited when he made the shot, but Lebron was surprised. BIG difference.

Electus Unus
05-26-2009, 08:33 PM
LeBron needs a legitimate big man.

pirate4state
05-27-2009, 09:15 AM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
Im so sick of hearing how Kobe and Lebron get all the calls. Out of Lebrons 24 free throws 21 were legit the other night (outside of Howard blocking the 3 when the game was already decided) and look at Kobe last night he got fouled several times without a call.

Van Gundy is showing right now why he has no respect around the league he has been complaining nonstop about Lebron getting calls during game 3 and the day after but if you look at the numbers Howard shot 5 less free throws then Lebron in about 18 less minutes. If you do a foul per minute count Howard got fouled way more and some were touch fouls. Plus Hedo got to the line 12 times and he is a jump shooter who got most of those for touch fouls on the outside. Lastly Stan quit whining about the refs when your team shot 51 free throws and the other team shot 35 it makes you look stupid.

Also last night Denver shot 49 free throws to the Lakers 35 yea the refs are trying so hard to make it a Lakers Cavs finals. In the 2 minutes I've watched, I've seen Howard foul others more than I've seen him get fouled. :rolleyes: :D I hate the officials. Someone just let me know who wins each game.

GreenMachine
05-27-2009, 09:38 AM
Where was Lebron last night? He got "bailed" out on a bogus blocking call with .5 sec. left, then stunk it up in overtime, other than that lucky 3 pointer. Refs tried to help Cleveland, but even they couldn't save them.

BEAST
05-27-2009, 10:09 AM
Where was Lebron last night? He got "bailed" out on a bogus blocking call with .5 sec. left, then stunk it up in overtime, other than that lucky 3 pointer. Refs tried to help Cleveland, but even they couldn't save them.

Better quetsion is where was Clevelands coaching on OT. Knowing Orlando is going to go to Howard, wouldnt you put your best big defenseman on him? Big Ben Wallace was on the bench.

BEAST

mustang04
05-27-2009, 12:29 PM
Where was Lebron last night? He got "bailed" out on a bogus blocking call with .5 sec. left, then stunk it up in overtime, other than that lucky 3 pointer. Refs tried to help Cleveland, but even they couldn't save them. he had 44pts....if you went into any any NBA locker room saying that, the players and coach would call you a moron....you have no clue how many times james causes coaches to have long film nights trying to prepare for him....and lebron did not choke in overtime, DID YOU EVEN WATCH THE GAME????? he had nothing to do with howard dunking on varejao and igaulskas

BreckTxLonghorn
05-27-2009, 01:21 PM
he had 44pts....if you went into any any NBA locker room saying that, the players and coach would call you a moron....you have no clue how many times james causes coaches to have long film nights trying to prepare for him....and lebron did not choke in overtime, DID YOU EVEN WATCH THE GAME????? he had nothing to do with howard dunking on varejao and igaulskas

SEVEN turnovers in the 4th & OT by LBJ, not including a horrible 3 pointer he hurled when he jumped into Howard trying to draw a foul.

James played a helluva game last night; however, the last 17 minutes he had more errors than what a superstar can have and expect his team to win.

BEAST makes the best point: Where was the Coach of the Year last night? IMO, he has been consistenly outcoached all series by Van Gundy. We're one amazing Bron-shot away from this being a 4-0 sweep.

MamaBull
05-27-2009, 02:41 PM
go magic

GreenMachine
05-27-2009, 02:48 PM
he had 44pts....if you went into any any NBA locker room saying that, the players and coach would call you a moron....you have no clue how many times james causes coaches to have long film nights trying to prepare for him....and lebron did not choke in overtime, DID YOU EVEN WATCH THE GAME????? he had nothing to do with howard dunking on varejao and igaulskas He had something to do with the turnovers MORON!!

GreenMachine
05-27-2009, 02:53 PM
He took around 30 shots and 15 freethrows. He should have scored at LEAST 44.

themsu97
05-27-2009, 03:27 PM
and Kobe doesn't...

Kobe is still very immature... he pouts...

Give LeBron Shaq in his prime like Kobey had and bet the Cavs would win as many as they want... LeBron would not care like Kobe does...
How many has Kobe won without Shaq? I am not sure that Kobey could carry the Cavs like LeBron does...

some of the truly great players were part of truly great teams... LeBron does not have that cast yet, much like Jordan in the early years... LeBron needs a Cartright, or a Pippen, or a Grant...

now Kobe has Gasol...
the difference between the two is Kobe tries to be Jordan, the hecan't guard me with Battier, where LeBron tries to be LeBron... but LeBron is more like Jordan in all other aspects

mustang04
05-27-2009, 07:08 PM
He had something to do with the turnovers MORON!!

alot of them were the guys who he was passing the ball to fault....they would cut like they were coming towards the pass then stop....yeah youre real mature....I didn't call you a moron

GreenMachine
05-27-2009, 07:37 PM
alot of them were the guys who he was passing the ball to fault....they would cut like they were coming towards the pass then stop....yeah youre real mature....I didn't call you a moron Did you watch the game? His teamates were cutting and he was passing to where they were not where they were cutting to. AND showed disgust at his teamates when he made the horrible passes. Obviously I'm not a Lebron fan, nor am I a Kobe fan. I am becoming a fan of Dwight Howard, but am a big fan of Duncan, Parker, and Ginobili! :thumbsup: Through with this discussion.

mustang04
05-27-2009, 08:10 PM
Did you watch the game? His teamates were cutting and he was passing to where they were not where they were cutting to. AND showed disgust at his teamates when he made the horrible passes. Obviously I'm not a Lebron fan, nor am I a Kobe fan. I am becoming a fan of Dwight Howard, but am a big fan of Duncan, Parker, and Ginobili! :thumbsup: Through with this discussion.

hahaha....wow....should've realized I was talking with a Spurs fan :doh: