PDA

View Full Version : The Steelers James Harrison's son attacked by their dog...sad

kaorder1999
05-22-2009, 01:12 PM
Steeler Harrison’s pit bull attacks young son
49 minutes ago

(AP)—A pit bull owned by Pittsburgh Steelers linebacker James Harrison(notes) has reportedly attacked the player’s young son.

A spokesman for the Super Bowl champions told The Associated Press this is a personal matter for Harrison and the club won’t comment further.

An unidentified neighbor told the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette one of the star player’s three dogs got loose Thursday and attacked the boy, James III. His age was not immediately available.

The newspaper and WTAE-TV say the boy was taken to UPMC Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh. The hospital declined comment. The newspaper says a second person was hurt.

Harrison is the NFL Defensive Player of the Year. He declined to join the Steelers on a White House visit Thursday.

DDBooger
05-22-2009, 01:13 PM
here comes another long thread! :1popcorn:

Bullaholic
05-22-2009, 01:15 PM
IMO, James Harrison is a force on the field, but has real character issues off of it. I hope his son has no lasting injuries from this attack.

Ranger Mom
05-22-2009, 01:42 PM
While looking at the "Hot for Teacher" video....I ran across this one:

Heroic Pitbull (http://www.gnn.com/article/pitbull-honored-for-his-heroics/494796)

44INAROW
05-22-2009, 02:04 PM
Is Harrison the player that was being interviewed the other day saying "if he wants to meet us at the White House, invite us in about 5 years when we've lost"?

PHS Wildcats
05-22-2009, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
Is Harrison the player that was being interviewed the other day saying "if he wants to meet us at the White House, invite us in about 5 years when we've lost"?

yep.

I don't understand why ppl want pitbulls as pets. :confused:

trojan37
05-22-2009, 08:44 PM
Last weekend we were staying at Lake Whitney and someone's pitbull got loose from their campsite early in the morning(about 4:00 am). I was up because I was smoking a brisket, and, while standing at my pit I heard a chain rattle behind me. It was that damn pitbull ready to attack. I through rocks and what ever else I could find but the damn dog wouldn't back down. It is stupid to have an animal like this for a pet, especially with kids.

rcbulldog34
05-22-2009, 10:51 PM
I guess the dog never bite anyone and it is a sweet dog.
That's what they all say. Anyone who has kids and pitbulls should have there head checked out.

JasperDog94
05-23-2009, 07:42 AM
Was there a doubt in anyone's mind that this was a pit bull before you opened the thread?

scrub c
05-23-2009, 07:44 AM
Very sad.

"Family dog", do I need to say anything else...

(I probably will)

Ranger Mom
05-23-2009, 04:04 PM
I have a feeling one of us will be closing this thread before long....:)

Sweetwater Red
05-23-2009, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I have a feeling one of us will be closing this thread before long....:)

Do it!!!!:D

Ranger Mom
05-23-2009, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
Do it!!!!:D

I'm not agitated enough yet!!:p

scrub c
05-23-2009, 06:34 PM

mustang04
05-24-2009, 08:59 PM
Originally posted by rcbulldog34
I guess the dog never bite anyone and it is a sweet dog.
That's what they all say. Anyone who has kids and pitbulls should have there head checked out.

i guess my whole family and I need to go to the doc:D

our pitbull we had for 15 years nearly broke down the screen door cuz he heard my sister screamin bloody murder...she was gettin chased by a bee (he didnt know that).....for every pitbull attack around the country each year, I'm willl to bet there are more times they show true heroism THAT DOES NOT GET PUBLISHED IN THE NEWS....sooo...yeah