PDA

View Full Version : HS Track & Field Questions...

Bullaholic
05-22-2009, 10:56 AM
Why are most of the Track and Field state records held by 5A athletes? I can see the advantages of the big schools in the team sports, but why in indvidual T&F events?

Also, how do Texas HS athletes continue to have the majority of National T&F records?

How do kids manage to get faster and stronger nearly every year?

I admit that I haven't looked at any of the records in a while, so my assumptions may be wrong....but last time I looked the records were as I have stated. Hope some of you T&F folks can answer my questions.

mwynn05
05-22-2009, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
Why are most of the Track and Field state records held by 5A athletes? I can see the advantages of the big schools in the team sports, but why in indvidual T&F events?

Also, how do Texas HS athletes continue to have the majority of National T&F records?

How do kids manage to get faster and stronger nearly every year?

I admit that I haven't looked at any of the records in a while, so my assumptions may be wrong....but last time I looked the records were as I have stated. Hope some of you T&F folks can answer my questions. wow....i dont know what to say other than the odds are GREATLY in favor of an athlete from a 5a school holding the record

Electus Unus
05-22-2009, 11:46 AM
Giddings holds the 4x200 Texas relay record.

44INAROW
05-22-2009, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by Electus Unus

not being a smarta$$ here - I am asking an honest question- how did Giddings do in the Reg IV Track Meet in the 800? Only times I have seen are West Oso and West Columbia -
I'll be honest - I sure thought it would be Cuero and Giddings heading to Austin in the 800 :( -
like Gobbler Fan said- losing a 10.7 sprinter to injury sure changes things :(

Electus Unus
05-22-2009, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
not being a smarta$$ here - I am asking an honest question- how did Giddings do in the Reg IV Track Meet in the 800? Only times I have seen are West Oso and West Columbia -
I'll be honest - I sure thought it would be Cuero and Giddings heading to Austin in the 800 :( -
like Gobbler Fan said- losing a 10.7 sprinter to injury sure changes things :( Not sure but they set the record that I am talking about in the spring of 2006.

turbostud
05-22-2009, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic

I think part of it is because in the smaller schools you have kids playing multi sports and in the larger schools kids concentrate on one sport.

pancho villa
05-22-2009, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
like Gobbler Fan said- losing a 10.7 sprinter to injury sure changes things :(

Giddings did not make it out of their district.

West Columbia regional champ in the 800 relay!

kaorder1999
05-22-2009, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by Electus Unus

really? You mean the record from the Texas Relays?

kaorder1999
05-22-2009, 01:17 PM
Fort Bend Hightower owns the State Meet Record as well the National Record in the 4x200. Atlanta owns the 3A State Meet Record.

Electus Unus
05-22-2009, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
really? You mean the record from the Texas Relays? yes

I watched FB Hightower break the record....it was sick!