PDA

View Full Version : What is an eyebrow shaver?

Trashman
05-21-2009, 08:31 PM
Never heard of or seen an eyebrow shaver could it be used as a weapon? Sounds a little overboard to me, what do you think?

PENN HILLS, Pa. – A Pittsburgh-area teenager has been suspended from middle school when a random search turned up an eyebrow shaver in her handbag. Officials at Linton Middle School in Penn Hills recommended at a Wednesday disciplinary hearing that 15-year-old be expelled for the rest of this year and 45 days next year.

The teen said she doesn't consider the eyebrow trimmer a weapon. She fears expulsion will hurt her chances of becoming a nurse-anesthetist. She's a Girl Scout and a member of the school's basketball team, choir and leadership team.

The school released a statement saying it has a standard disciplinary policy that addresses all students equally. The girl's mother said she doesn't believe her daughter has been given a chance.

SintonFan
05-21-2009, 09:25 PM
Was it an electric eyebrow shaver?
Never mind, that has got to be one of the most ridiculous things I ever read.
Political-correctness probably run amuk. :rolleyes:
Is that the whole story Trashman?

Trashman
05-21-2009, 09:33 PM
That was the whole story. Kind of strange that you could get expelled for something like that. I guess zero tollerance is alive and well and common sense is dead.:(

SintonFan
05-21-2009, 09:58 PM
I just can't see a kid carrying an old-fashioned shaver with a removable double or single-sided blade to school today.
So what is the big fuss?
:confused:

Ranger Mom
05-22-2009, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by SintonFan
I just can't see a kid carrying an old-fashioned shaver with a removable double or single-sided blade to school today.
So what is the big fuss?
:confused:

This is what it is....and you couldn't cut someone with it if you tried.

This is beyond stupidity!!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v255/RangerMom1/B1002500848.jpg

SintonFan
05-22-2009, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
This is what it is....and you couldn't cut someone with it if you tried.

This is beyond stupidity!!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v255/RangerMom1/B1002500848.jpg
That's CRAZY!
The penalty will likely be over 50 days suspension.:eek: :confused:

Cameron Crazy
05-22-2009, 10:04 AM
Thats looks quite creepy if you ask me. :doh: