PDA

View Full Version : 11 DQ in Region IV track meet?

4x100jackets
05-20-2009, 10:59 PM
Just looked at the final results of the Region IV track meet and
11 Individual and or relays were DQ in the whole meet. What happend down there ?

SHSBulldog00
05-20-2009, 11:03 PM
I know Sweeny had some. They sent we a text earlier.

scrub c
05-21-2009, 07:27 AM
Father/Son team that knows more about track than you do were in charge...

Crasher
05-21-2009, 10:01 AM
Yeah.., that father/son team are a couple of real champs..let me tell you..

We had a kid who was our final leg in the 4x400...he ran a 47.1 split right? He was so tired he was walking around like he was about to fall out (yall have seen this i'm sure). I was behind him in case he fell so I could catch him and the elder Kane (spelling) comes running over...Put your shirt on son...(no response from our athlete, not really sure he even heard him).. SON! PUT YOUR SHIRT ON...COACH...GET HIS SHIRT ON COACH!!! I looked at him and said" no problem coach.. i'll take care of it. " we walked out of the stadium to the car to leave.

What a jerk.

44INAROW
05-21-2009, 10:33 AM
there were several interesting incidents...........

www.victoriaadvocate.com

The finals of the boys 400-meter relay were about to begin Wednesday afternoon at Flour Bluff's Hornet Stadium and the Cuero runners were nowhere to be seen.

Cuero fans went through some anxious moments before the Gobblers made their way onto the track and took their positions.

"They made us change our shorts," Cuero coach Victor Mathis explained. "They had wing foots on them. We had worn them before at the regional meet and they had never said anything about them."

4x100jackets
05-21-2009, 12:16 PM
THESE GUYS NEED TO GET THE #$%^^ OUT OF THE REGIONAL MEET AND LET THE AD'S BE THE MEET REFS.

CRYING SHAME!!!!!!!!!

Electus Unus
05-21-2009, 12:25 PM
sounds like a bunch of crap.

the shirt thing is a UIL I think...don't hold me to that

Ranger Mom
05-21-2009, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW

www.victoriaadvocate.com

The finals of the boys 400-meter relay were about to begin Wednesday afternoon at Flour Bluff's Hornet Stadium and the Cuero runners were nowhere to be seen.

Cuero fans went through some anxious moments before the Gobblers made their way onto the track and took their positions.

"They made us change our shorts," Cuero coach Victor Mathis explained. "They had wing foots on them. We had worn them before at the regional meet and they had never said anything about them."

What is "wing foots?"

44INAROW
05-21-2009, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
What is "wing foots?"

LOL I have no idea.. not sure if that's a typo or what.. any of you track guys know?

maybe those actual "wings" symbols were on the bottom of the shorts? heck if I know:doh: :eek:

pirate4state
05-21-2009, 01:34 PM
LOL I have no idea.. not sure if that's a typo or what.. any of you track guys know?

maybe those actual "wings" symbols were on the bottom of the shorts? heck if I know:doh: :eek:

yeah, its a logo

they were too big and it's a UIL thing

Ranger Mom
05-21-2009, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
yeah, its a logo

they were too big and it's a UIL thing

Are you serious???? That is just plain silly!!!

44INAROW
05-21-2009, 01:50 PM
Are you serious???? That is just plain silly!!!

YEP -it's ok to bump into someone right before an exchange but heaven forbid they have a little logo on their shorts :hand: :D

ronwx5x
05-21-2009, 01:54 PM

www.victoriaadvocate.com

Just check out the Goodyear logo. It is a winged foot and came from the Roman God Mercury.

pirate4state
05-21-2009, 02:01 PM
Are you serious???? That is just plain silly!!! Well, we are talking about the UIL! :p

It can't be bigger than 1 inch or some such nonsense! I dunno, that's what our coach told me, but I had been sitting in the sun for 2+ hours, it is possible I misunderstood. :D

44INAROW
05-21-2009, 02:08 PM
http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j43/44inarow/wingfoot_logo3d.jpg

yea, sure - this is more distracting on the bottom of shorts than some of the girls wearing mid drifts and no more than underwear-looking bottoms as shorts... :doh:

Cuero's is in green, not yellow

AAA87
05-21-2009, 02:40 PM
Kanas from the schulenburg area?

4x100jackets
05-21-2009, 03:27 PM
Edna so I hear !!!

CueroDad08
05-21-2009, 03:42 PM

www.victoriaadvocate.com

What the heck happen in the 4X800 relay? Cuero is always in low 1:27 at least.

Gobbler Fan
05-21-2009, 05:17 PM
injuries ... when you lose a 10.7 100 meter guy it's hard to replace

crabman
05-21-2009, 08:58 PM
The Kana's are from El Campo. The N is pronounced like you would the N in Trevino. Tilde N I think.

They actually do a great job at the Regional meet and don't get a dime for it.

Remember all of those rules are there because somebody abused a situation somewhere in the past. Why do you think there is a passing zone in the relay? Somebody had a fast kid who ran 150 meters instead of 100 meters way back before the turn of the century. All rules progress. I am sure the logo rule is due to Nike or Reebok or some other such thing abusing the privelige of having their logo on a uniform.

4x100jackets
05-22-2009, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by crabman
The Kana's are from El Campo. The N is pronounced like you would the N in Trevino. Tilde N I think.

Remember all of those rules are there because somebody abused a situation somewhere in the past. Why do you think there is a passing zone in the relay? Somebody had a fast kid who ran 150 meters instead of 100 meters way back before the turn of the century. All rules progress. I am sure the logo rule is due to Nike or Reebok or some other such thing abusing the privelige of having their logo on a uniform.

Whatever, no one Enforces it but Region 4

scrub c
05-22-2009, 09:51 AM
I am not a fan of several rules in Track and Field, specifically the ones pertaining to the Vault and the Uniforms...

But rules are rules, and if you follow the rules, you dont get DQ-ed...

I have not heard of any DQ where a kid WAS following the rules...

Now I do have a problem with certain teams being looked at or examined more-so than others. Enforce the rules the same for all and Im A-okay with it.

pancho villa
05-22-2009, 09:56 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by crabman
[B]The Kana's are from El Campo. The N is pronounced like you would the N in Trevino. Tilde N I think.

I beg to differ!!!