05-20-2009, 07:02 PM
I haven't seen it in about a month.

Is Adam going to win?

44INAROW
05-20-2009, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by kepdawg
I haven't seen it in about a month.

Is Adam going to win?

3 weeks ago, I would have said yes - but in the last 3 weeks, Kris has come on pretty strong (JMHO) and increased his appeal. His 1st song last night was excellent. I certainly can see the appeal that Adam has and I think he'll sign with some producer and be fine but I prefer Kris but I won't be upset if Adam wins. I bet it's very close. How's that for a "non-answer"? :D

CHS_CG
05-20-2009, 07:25 PM
Im watching right now..... I think Kris has a good chance.. I voted for Adam last night but I wouldnt be upset if Kris won...

Electus Unus
05-20-2009, 07:29 PM
adam yells to damn much.

CHS_CG
05-20-2009, 07:41 PM
Kris singing with Keith made me realize he would do very well as a country artist.. never really thought about him in that genre of music but he would be awesome!

kepdawg
05-20-2009, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by CHS_CG
Kris singing with Keith made me realize he would do very well as a country artist.. never really thought about him in that genre of music but he would be awesome!

Who is Keith?

CHS_CG
05-20-2009, 07:48 PM
Who is Keith?

Keith Urban

kepdawg
05-20-2009, 07:50 PM
Keith Urban

Oh

CHS_CG
05-20-2009, 07:58 PM
Did anybody else see Simon and Randy when Biniki girl came out????? PRICELESS!!!

Txbroadcaster
05-20-2009, 07:59 PM
I think people will vote for Kris for three reasons

1. truly think he is good

2. He is not flaming gay

3. Some will say well Adam will have a great career no matter what so I will vote to Kris cause he needs the win more

PurpleFreddy
05-20-2009, 08:09 PM
My response: who cares. This is crap TV.

kepdawg
05-20-2009, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by PurpleFreddy

Just about all TV is crap now days! :(

Txbroadcaster
05-20-2009, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by PurpleFreddy

ur just old and grumpy:D

CHS_CG
05-20-2009, 08:20 PM
Adam and Kiss AMAZING!

kepdawg
05-20-2009, 08:23 PM
Adam and Kiss AMAZING!

I don't think he'd kiss you; he likes boys!

CHS_CG
05-20-2009, 09:00 PM
I don't think he'd kiss you; he likes boys!

Funny

CHS_CG
05-20-2009, 09:03 PM
wow!!! Not to shabby!

Ranger Mom
05-20-2009, 09:08 PM
I'm so happy!!!

I have said all along that Adam doesn't need American Idol...he has already made it!!

I am ecstatic for Kris though!!!

Lion_Addict
05-20-2009, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I'm so happy!!!

I have said all along that Adam doesn't need American Idol...he has already made it!!

:iagree: :iagree: :clap: :clap:

WOS87
05-20-2009, 09:15 PM
Boo!! Kris will be going the way of Taylor Hicks

44INAROW
05-20-2009, 09:16 PM
I'm so happy!!!

ITA RM - 1st Shawn Johnson wins DWTS and now Kris :clap: :clap: I also enjoyed the show tonight.. Good one in my opinion.. ;)

Lion_Addict
05-20-2009, 09:16 PM
Adam and Kiss AMAZING!

That was my favorite part of the show.........Didn't care about Adam, but KISS ROCKS!!!

Sweetwater Red
05-20-2009, 09:17 PM

Me too!!!

If his singing career doesn't work out maybe he can double for
Bud Bundy if they ever make a Married with Children movie!:thinking:

Lion_Addict
Auditions coming to Dallas.........ROAD TRIP!!!!! :D

PhiI C
Great final show! A great winner too. But both Kris and Adam are going to have great show business careers. In fact the top ten and probably some of the others are going to have a great future and that is what this show is about. Well Done AI.

Txbroadcaster
05-20-2009, 09:21 PM
And Kris will go the way of Studdard and Hicks as the OMG he WON idol trio

Ranger Mom
05-20-2009, 09:24 PM
I had to rewind back and watch the big announcement again...when they said his name the first time I jumped out of my recliner screaming, knocked my granddaughter over...I was laughing and yelling and holding her while she was crying and missed everyone's expression.

Simon looked PISSED!!!

:eek:

Ranger Mom
05-20-2009, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
And Kris will go the way of Studdard and Hicks as the OMG he WON idol trio

I don't think so...I would have NEVER bought one of the above's albums....but I REALLY like Kris! Like Talena, I could see him go the country route!!

Sweetwater Red
05-20-2009, 09:27 PM

Simon looked PISSED!!!

:eek:

That's because he hates Paula's opinion on everything and she
went over the top groveling about Adam.:thinking:

Txbroadcaster
05-20-2009, 09:28 PM
I don't think so...I would have NEVER bought one of the above's albums....but I REALLY like Kris! Like Talena, I could see him go the country route!!

until I see it I dont believe it, sorry but Kris has the same cookie cutter look and sound he does not stand out IMO he was a safe pick for America

Ranger Mom
05-20-2009, 09:36 PM
until I see it I dont believe it, sorry but Kris has the same cookie cutter look and sound he does not stand out IMO he was a safe pick for America

Yeah...that is basically what all the Adam fans that didn't get their way are saying on the American Idol website!!!

I call it sour grapes!!!

They didn't even mention that it was close...I think he won by a landslide!!

Txbroadcaster
05-20-2009, 09:38 PM
Yeah...that is basically what all the Adam fans that didn't get their way are saying on the American Idol website!!!

I call it sour grapes!!!

They didn't even mention that it was close...I think he won by a landslide!!

I would not say I was an Adam fan lol...I just dont think Kris won for his talent as much as he is straight, looks normal, sings normal and is the polar opposite of Adam.

He was the again safe choice IMO

WOS87
05-20-2009, 09:45 PM
I would not say I was an Adam fan lol...I just dont think Kris won for his talent as much as he is straight, looks normal, sings normal and is the polar opposite of Adam.

:iagree: :iagree: :iagree:

IMO it was much more about middle-of-the-road, most common denominator American views than it was about actual musical talent...

And that's generally very boring when it comes to entertainment factor, which has been my chief complaint about the series all along.... :tisk:

Ranger Mom
05-20-2009, 09:48 PM

I loved Adam....but he already had it made, whether he won tonight or not.

I do think that Kris Allen has a better shot of a career than Taylor Hicks or Reuben Studdard...they weren't "relevant"...Kris is.

The way Adam looked or his lifestyle didn't change my feelings for him, I was already a fan. He looks like of a lot other "rock stars" to me....just cuter!!

Ranger Mom
05-20-2009, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by WOS87
:iagree: :iagree: :iagree:

IMO it was much more about middle-of-the-road, most common denominator American views than it was about actual musical talent...

And that's generally very boring when it comes to entertainment factor, which has been my chief complaint about the series all along.... :tisk:

For me personally...that had nothing to do with it. I started out liking Adam the most...over the weeks, Kris won me over.

About 4 weeks into the top 13....I was already gunning for the top 4 that made it to be in the finals. After it got to the top 5...Kris and Adam were my two favorites.

I honestly hope that this wasn't a political move.....I had already quoted it before you edited....but I changed it to what you edited it to!!

CHS_CG
05-20-2009, 09:57 PM
My mom made a good point.. the winner of Idol is so busy and kinda gets told what way to go with their career.. a few seasons ago Chris Daughtry was on and didnt make it all the way and look at him hes big... IMO he wouldnt have gotten to do his thing with his band if he had won.. Adam will still go on to do good and Kris is going to do awesome as well... he should def go country!

CHS_CG
05-20-2009, 10:23 PM
I dunno what Im going to watch now.. Survivor ended Sunday... American Idol ended tonight.. Deadliest Catch will be over soon and Big Brother doesnt start till July :(

eagles_victory
05-20-2009, 10:47 PM
Kris coming on later on in the show cast in the underdog role that everyone likes worked in his favor. Adam was a favorite from the start of the show and maybe he was way too popular too early and his fan level peaked mid season where Kris came on strong toward the end and just kept gaining fans every week and his fan level peaked at the right time.

As Kellye said I dont think it was even real close just by the reactions of everyone if it is close they have to tell you how close it was 100 times.

I think Kris got the votes of the people who relish the underdog like much of America does, also got a lot of female votes because he is considered attractive by many women, and got a lot of votes from people voting against Adam because the conservative American couldnt stand the person Adam was. Not to mention Id be willing to say at least 75 percent of the people who voted Danny Gokey (thank god he didnt win) throughout the process jumped to vote for Kris Allen for the final.

Ranger Mom
05-20-2009, 11:16 PM
I got this off of the AI website that a poster wrote....thought it summed it up rather well:

Best finale SHOW ever by a landslide. Props to the producers. Here's my review of the show listing hits and misses:

1. Opening - then they showed videos of the judges quirks - roasting them a bit.

HIT

2. Group Song - Top 13. They do it every year. I guess it's a chance to remind who was in the top 13, etc. I can always take it or leave it, but it's tradition so they have to do it. But it's always very cheesy.

half a HIT (NO CHOICE - IT'S TRADITION)

3. David Cook - singing "Permanent" - I liked the song. Good job David.

HIT

4. Award: Norman Gentle - funny stuff. The guy was a crowd pleaser and everyone enjoyed seeing him perform his comedy again.

HIT

5. Lil Rounds singing with Queen Latifah - probably the best Lil sang all season. My problem was that it went on forever and got old for me.

MISS

6. Jason Mraz singing with Anoop and the other guy who's name escapes me. Good performance.

HIT

7. Recap of Kris' journey followed by him singing with the incredible Keith Urban. I loved it.

HUGE HIT FOR ME!

8. Girls singing and then Fergie coming out and singing "Big Girls Don't Cry".

HIT

9. ....Then the surprise of the night........Black-Eyed Peas bring the house down with "Boom Boom Pow". Awesome. Couldn't believe they got them on the show.

HUGE HIT

10. Award: Bikini Girl. I loved it. First off, she looks incredible. Secondly, having Kara sing and then show off her own bikini............classic moment. I had no clue Kara could sing.......and sing that well. I was impressed. I was also impressed by her trim body. Why was she embarrassed? Geez.

HUGE HIT

11. Allison singing with Cyndi Lauper. This didn't work for me. I love Allison and felt she got shortchanged in this moment. She should have been singing with some other rocker. Bring back Ozzy and let her sing "Close your eyes forever" or something like that. A rock duet. Geez. I love Allison and again thought she kind of got a raw deal.

MISS

12. Danny singing with Lionel Richie. Perfect combination here. Loved hearing Danny sing "Hello" followed by Richie coming out. I wish "All Night Long" could have been longer though. Still a nice moment.

HIT

13. Adam's journey followed by another surprise of the night - him singing with KISS. Awesome. Kiss was awesome and so was the tongue action.......hilarious. 2 classic songs and Adam sounded great with them.

HUGE HIT

14. Santana - with the top 13 singing "Smooth". Love the song and love Santana - he's a legendary guitar player. Nice moment.

HIT

15. Steve Martin playing banjo with Megan and Michael. I was completely embarrassed for Michael and Megan having to do that. I would have refused if it were me. It's like they couldn't get anyone else to sing with them? One of the lowest moments in Idol history for me. Completely dropped the momentum of the show in that moment. Terrible.

HUGE HUGE MISS

16. Top 13 guys singing "If you want my body" followed by Rod Stewart singing "Maggie May". I had mixed feelings about this moment. Rod Stewart is a rock icon and that song is a classic. I realize he's 63 years old and doesn't have the same chops. I also thought he acted kind of weird on stage, but I'll let it slide. Also, the song went on forever. I'll still give it a hit.

HIT

17. Award: Tatiana. Got give her props for making fun of herself and doing that. I think the audience was unsure if it was an act or not, but it was.

HIT

18. Adam and Kris singing with Queen. Huge moment and appropriate song.

HUGE HIT

19. Announcement of winner. I was surprised Adam didn't win. I'm happy for Kris though. Kris seemed like a reluctant winner.

HIT

20. Finale song - I actually thought Kris sang it alot better tonight and sounded good on it. My favorite moment was at the end when his wife climbed up on the stage behind the jugdes and she and Kris had a huge embrace......Kris seemed ready to cry. Nice moment.

HIT

I don't 100% with everything he wrote, but it was a good blog nevertheless. Anyone who is been here for a while knows I CANNOT STAND Rod Stewart...so I had to fast forward through that one!! lol)

CHS_CG
05-20-2009, 11:20 PM
I got this off of the AI website that a poster wrote....thought it summed it up rather well:

Best finale SHOW ever by a landslide. Props to the producers. Here's my review of the show listing hits and misses:

1. Opening - then they showed videos of the judges quirks - roasting them a bit.

HIT

2. Group Song - Top 13. They do it every year. I guess it's a chance to remind who was in the top 13, etc. I can always take it or leave it, but it's tradition so they have to do it. But it's always very cheesy.

half a HIT (NO CHOICE - IT'S TRADITION)

3. David Cook - singing "Permanent" - I liked the song. Good job David.

HIT

4. Award: Norman Gentle - funny stuff. The guy was a crowd pleaser and everyone enjoyed seeing him perform his comedy again.

HIT

5. Lil Rounds singing with Queen Latifah - probably the best Lil sang all season. My problem was that it went on forever and got old for me.

MISS

6. Jason Mraz singing with Anoop and the other guy who's name escapes me. Good performance.

HIT

7. Recap of Kris' journey followed by him singing with the incredible Keith Urban. I loved it.

HUGE HIT FOR ME!

8. Girls singing and then Fergie coming out and singing "Big Girls Don't Cry".

HIT

9. ....Then the surprise of the night........Black-Eyed Peas bring the house down with "Boom Boom Pow". Awesome. Couldn't believe they got them on the show.

HUGE HIT

10. Award: Bikini Girl. I loved it. First off, she looks incredible. Secondly, having Kara sing and then show off her own bikini............classic moment. I had no clue Kara could sing.......and sing that well. I was impressed. I was also impressed by her trim body. Why was she embarrassed? Geez.

HUGE HIT

11. Allison singing with Cyndi Lauper. This didn't work for me. I love Allison and felt she got shortchanged in this moment. She should have been singing with some other rocker. Bring back Ozzy and let her sing "Close your eyes forever" or something like that. A rock duet. Geez. I love Allison and again thought she kind of got a raw deal.

MISS

12. Danny singing with Lionel Richie. Perfect combination here. Loved hearing Danny sing "Hello" followed by Richie coming out. I wish "All Night Long" could have been longer though. Still a nice moment.

HIT

13. Adam's journey followed by another surprise of the night - him singing with KISS. Awesome. Kiss was awesome and so was the tongue action.......hilarious. 2 classic songs and Adam sounded great with them.

HUGE HIT

14. Santana - with the top 13 singing "Smooth". Love the song and love Santana - he's a legendary guitar player. Nice moment.

HIT

15. Steve Martin playing banjo with Megan and Michael. I was completely embarrassed for Michael and Megan having to do that. I would have refused if it were me. It's like they couldn't get anyone else to sing with them? One of the lowest moments in Idol history for me. Completely dropped the momentum of the show in that moment. Terrible.

HUGE HUGE MISS

16. Top 13 guys singing "If you want my body" followed by Rod Stewart singing "Maggie May". I had mixed feelings about this moment. Rod Stewart is a rock icon and that song is a classic. I realize he's 63 years old and doesn't have the same chops. I also thought he acted kind of weird on stage, but I'll let it slide. Also, the song went on forever. I'll still give it a hit.

HIT

17. Award: Tatiana. Got give her props for making fun of herself and doing that. I think the audience was unsure if it was an act or not, but it was.

HIT

18. Adam and Kris singing with Queen. Huge moment and appropriate song.

HUGE HIT

19. Announcement of winner. I was surprised Adam didn't win. I'm happy for Kris though. Kris seemed like a reluctant winner.

HIT

20. Finale song - I actually thought Kris sang it alot better tonight and sounded good on it. My favorite moment was at the end when his wife climbed up on the stage behind the jugdes and she and Kris had a huge embrace......Kris seemed ready to cry. Nice moment.

HIT

I don't 100% with everything he wrote, but it was a good blog nevertheless. Anyone who is been here for a while knows I CANNOT STAND Rod Stewart...so I had to fast forward through that one!! lol)

You are wanted either on YIM or in the chat

Ranger Mom
05-20-2009, 11:29 PM
You are wanted either on YIM or in the chat

Went to both and no one was talking!

CHS_CG
05-20-2009, 11:37 PM
Went to both and no one was talking!

I had to restart.. come back!

Phil C
05-21-2009, 08:25 AM
My mom made a good point.. the winner of Idol is so busy and kinda gets told what way to go with their career.. a few seasons ago Chris Daughtry was on and didnt make it all the way and look at him hes big... IMO he wouldnt have gotten to do his thing with his band if he had won.. Adam will still go on to do good and Kris is going to do awesome as well... he should def go country!

Be encouraged CHS. Soon it will be July and we will all get to enjoy the 2009 Tour de France!

Phil C
05-21-2009, 08:27 AM
The only negativity I had was when Ford gave those two final Idol contestents a free 2010 Ford. I am not going to buy a ford for a while because I will feel with what they charge me that I am paying for somebody else's free ford and that somebody else will make more money the next few years than most of us in a lifetime.

Ranger Mom
05-21-2009, 08:40 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
The only negativity I had was when Ford gave those two final Idol contestents a free 2010 Ford. I am not going to buy a ford for a while because I will feel with what they charge me that I am paying for somebody else's free ford and that somebody else will make more money the next few years than most of us in a lifetime.

Ford gives the top 2 people in the finals a car every year!

CHS_CG
05-21-2009, 11:37 AM
Yup Phil it happens every year! I dont personally like Fords so I wouldnt buy one anyway... and I am pretty sure its more than the top 2 American Idol finalists that get free cars from ANYBODY

BreckTxLonghorn
05-21-2009, 11:51 AM

HIT

HUGE HUGE MISS

6. hahah that was a girl with Anoop

15. I really liked the Steve Martin song. One of my favorite segments of the show. But I like folksy music too.

Ranger Mom
05-21-2009, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by BreckTxLonghorn
6. hahah that was a girl with Anoop

15. I really liked the Steve Martin song. One of my favorite segments of the show. But I like folksy music too.

DISCLAIMER: Even though that quote has my name on it....I didn't write that run-down.

I fast forwarded through both of those performances because I was about 45 minutes behind and wanted to watch the announcement live.

I plan on going back and watching the high points tonight. Hubby wants to see them too, he was in the bedroom watching a basketball name and only knew who won when he heard all the commotion in the living room!!:D

BreckTxLonghorn
05-21-2009, 12:01 PM
Fixed it for you to save face :).

I was going to do the 'high points' too, but the episode was so good top to bottom I pretty much watched everything but Lil Rounds, Gokey, and Rod Stewart.