PDA

View Full Version : Speaking of food...

Ranger Mom
05-20-2009, 01:28 PM
what is the strangest thing you eat. I don't mean that you tried rattlesnake or alligator at a cook off. I mean food that you make at home and eat.

Mine has to be a peanut butter and miracle whip sandwich, with fried bacon, onions and cheese and grilled like a grilled cheese sandwich!!

garciap77
05-20-2009, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
what is the strangest thing you eat. I don't mean that you tried rattlesnake or alligator at a cook off. I mean food that you make at home and eat.

Mine has to be a peanut butter and miracle whip sandwich, with fried bacon, onions and cheese and grilled like a grilled cheese sandwich!!

Fresh beans from the pot with miracle whip and corn tortillas!http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-eatdrink022.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org)

Ranger Mom
05-20-2009, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by garciap77
Fresh beans from the pot with miracle whip and corn tortillas!http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-eatdrink022.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org)

Wrapped up like a burrito (or taco, depending on where you are from)???

garciap77
05-20-2009, 01:39 PM
Wrapped up like a burrito (or taco, depending on where you are from)???

No. It's more like bean soup; right out of the pot.

Ranger Mom
05-20-2009, 01:40 PM
No. It's more like bean soup; right out of the pot.

hmm....what kind of beans??

Is the miracle whip just stirred in?

Tortilla's cut up??

Ex-Tiger2005
05-20-2009, 01:49 PM

Are you serious? haha thats crazy

BwdLions
05-20-2009, 01:50 PM
You two are making my stomach ache. :(

I guess I don't eat any ususual combination of foods. :cool:

Ex-Tiger2005
05-20-2009, 01:53 PM
i eat ketchup with tamales

mix ranch style beans with mac and cheese

ketchup on soft corn torts and hot sauce on hard shells

i think those are weird but good

44INAROW
05-20-2009, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by Ex-Tiger2005
i eat ketchup with tamales

mix ranch style beans with mac and cheese

ketchup on soft corn torts and hot sauce on hard shells

i think those are weird but good
ex-Tiger.. to each his own but wow - that is some unusual combinations :D

OK - who eats Ketchup on their eggs? I don't but I do like picante sauce or homemade pico on my scrammbled eggs :p

Ex-Tiger2005
05-20-2009, 01:55 PM
anyone had the chiuahas in lamesa at the sky vue?

Ex-Tiger2005
05-20-2009, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW

OK - who eats Ketchup on their eggs? I don't but I do like picante sauce or homemade pico on my scrammbled eggs :p

i know it is weird.. all my mesican cousins make fun of me but it is good. i eat ketchup on scrambled eggs and hot sauce on fried eggs hahaha!

44INAROW
05-20-2009, 01:58 PM
but back to Kellye's question

When I was growing up - on Sunday lunch - my momma always had a "healthy" dessert -
1) sliced pears OR pineapple ring with a dollup of Hellman's and cheese grated on top - who'd of thunk that would be good - but it really is..

goosealaniz
05-20-2009, 01:59 PM
i eat menudo... you can look up whats in it... i try not to know so i dont think about it while eating it

44INAROW
05-20-2009, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by goosealaniz
i eat menudo... you can look up whats in it... i try not to know so i dont think about it while eating it
do you put lemon slices in it?

squid
05-20-2009, 02:02 PM
potato chip sandwiches. The best is with Ruffles. I like either Heinz ketchup or Rudy's BBQ sause on it.....

My wife thought it was the weirdest thing she'd ever seen the first time I did it. Then she saw my sister and brother do it too, then she knew it was the weirdest thing she'd ever seen

44INAROW
05-20-2009, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by squid
potato chip sandwiches. The best is with Ruffles. I like either Heinz ketchup or Rudy's BBQ sause on it.....

My wife thought it was the weirdest thing she'd ever seen the first time I did it. Then she saw my sister and brother do it too, then she knew it was the weirdest thing she'd ever seen
I've never done that but I do like to put potato chips on my ham sandwiches and I agree - Ruffles work out the best - lays are good but they are so think that they get soggy too quick

Ranger Mom
05-20-2009, 02:10 PM
I seem to have that "salty sweet" thing happening at times.

If I eat chocolate cake, for some reason I want Doritos.

Or if I eat a bowl of Rice Krispies...sometimes I want crackers with it.

:D :D

goosealaniz
05-20-2009, 02:15 PM

i dont... and i have eaten chip sandwiches too... me and my buddies were watching the super bowl and we got hungry... but my friend didnt have any food except bread and chips... so i said let me see that... and then we finished both the chips and bread

garciap77
05-20-2009, 02:35 PM
hmm....what kind of beans??

Is the miracle whip just stirred in?

Tortilla's cut up??

Pinto beans.

Yes into the bowl. No. But, I've never tried it that way! My wife thinks I'm crazy. She cann't stand and watch me eat them like that.

garciap77
05-20-2009, 02:39 PM

I eat Ketchup on my eggs with some TABASCO Sauce! That's good!

garciap77
05-20-2009, 02:41 PM

What is that?:thinking:

garciap77
05-20-2009, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by goosealaniz

I like posole better with french bread and butter.

garciap77
05-20-2009, 02:44 PM

I squeeze lime on both my menudo and posole.

Ex-Tiger2005
05-20-2009, 02:49 PM
What is that?:thinking:

chalupa shell, pimento chz, homemade chili, cabbage, onion, and jalapeno on the side. i would never try it cuz of the pimento chz but i tried one last weekend and man it was awesome!

Trashman
05-20-2009, 02:50 PM

Nasty.......:thinking:

Ranger Mom
05-20-2009, 02:52 PM
I squeeze lime on both my menudo and posole.

I don't know if we just got a bad batch of menudo...but one of my kids stayed with a friend one time and when I went to pick him up, the friends mom sent home a big bowl of menudo with him.

My husband and I tried it and we just did not care for it AT ALL!

Finally I just decided to give it to the dogs so I could return her bowl....they wouldn't even it.....and they eat poop and vomit and all kinds of gross things!!!:eek: :eek:

Anyway...I have never been able to get up the guts to try it again!!

garciap77
05-20-2009, 02:53 PM
chalupa shell, pimento chz, homemade chili, cabbage, onion, and jalapeno on the side. i would never try it cuz of the pimento chz but i tried one last weekend and man it was awesome!

Is that TexMex or what?

Trashman
05-20-2009, 02:55 PM
pineapple chunks in my orange juice. Mustard on my scrambled eggs and ketchup on my tamales.:eek:

Ranger Mom
05-20-2009, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by Trashman
Nasty.......:thinking:

That is what I thought til I tried it!!

I have learned since then to always try something before I judge it.....it didn't taste ANYTHING like I thought it would!!

Bullaholic
05-20-2009, 02:56 PM
Is that TexMex or what?

Not sure, garcia---but I do know that anyone partaking of this should be required to sit alone outside for a couple of hours before re-joining any group.:D

garciap77
05-20-2009, 02:58 PM
I don't know if we just got a bad batch of menudo...but one of my kids stayed with a friend one time and when I went to pick him up, the friends mom sent home a big bowl of menudo with him.

My husband and I tried it and we just did not care for it AT ALL!

Finally I just decided to give it to the dogs so I could return her bowl....they wouldn't even it.....and they eat poop and vomit and all kinds of gross things!!!:eek: :eek:

Anyway...I have never been able to get up the guts to try it again!!

Bad Batch I would say. I did not care for it when I was growing up, then I joined the military and one night got drunk and had a bad hangover the next morning, so I tried the menudo for breakfast and the rest was history. I prefer posole over menudo!

Ranger Mom
05-20-2009, 02:59 PM
Bad Batch I would say. I did not care for it when I was growing up, then I joined the military and one night got drunk and had a bad hangover the next morning, so I tried the menudo for breakfast and the rest was history. I prefer posole over menudo!

I don't know what posole is.

Do you know what those potatoes they serve at Abuelos in place of the spanish rice is?? Those are GOOD...but I can't remember what they are called!!!

Ex-Tiger2005
05-20-2009, 03:01 PM
Is that TexMex or what?

i dunno but its good! the sky vue and the chiuahas are pretty famous tho

waterboy
05-20-2009, 03:02 PM

:eek: They serve chihuahuas there?:eek: Dang it!:doh:

Ex-Tiger2005
05-20-2009, 03:05 PM
i know thats right!!

Ex-Tiger2005
05-20-2009, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by waterboy
:eek: They serve chihuahuas there?:eek: Dang it!:doh:

yea fresh off the street. haha jk thats the name of the concoction(spell ck)!

44INAROW
05-20-2009, 03:15 PM
I like posole better with french bread and butter.
I just asked Rosa from my office what Posole is - she said it's similar to Menudo except it's made with pork meat - she said she makes her's by boiling pork roast and shredding the cooked pork and instead of chili powder, she uses dried "big chilis" and homini (sp) she puts cabbage on top of it. hhmmm interesting - the cabbage intrigues me - I like cabbage ;)

wow - she said she'll make some soon and bring me some ;)

waterboy
05-20-2009, 03:37 PM
yea fresh off the street. haha jk thats the name of the concoction(spell ck)!
Whew! Sorry about that! I guess the SPCA will have to be called back for a false alarm!:D

garciap77
05-20-2009, 03:38 PM
I don't know what posole is.

Do you know what those potatoes they serve at Abuelos in place of the spanish rice is?? Those are GOOD...but I can't remember what they are called!!!

I have never had them potatoes at Abuelos! But, posole is sirloin pork cut into small pieces and cooked in red (we use the Hot Hatch chilies from New Mexico) sauce with hominy. It’s kind of like a stew. We serve it with French bread, onions, cilantro, lime, and fresh cabbage. There are many different ways of cooking it thought. Some people use chicken instead of pork for example!

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/6a00d8341c10d353ef00e54f836c7d8834-.jpg

44INAROW
05-20-2009, 03:40 PM
I have never had them potatoes at Abuelos! But, posole is sirloin pork cut into small pieces and cooked in red (we use the Hot Hatch chilies from New Mexico) sauce with hominy. It’s kind of like a stew. We serve it with French bread, onions, cilantro, lime, and fresh cabbage. There are many different ways of cooking it thought. Some people use chicken instead of pork for example!

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/6a00d8341c10d353ef00e54f836c7d8834-.jpg

sounds like what Rosa described... looks really good with those chunks of avacado on top too :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Ex-Tiger2005
05-20-2009, 03:48 PM
HEY GARCIA do you like barbacoa? and asado(pork in the red chili sauce)?

BreckTxLonghorn
05-20-2009, 03:56 PM
Never thought these were weird until I came to college, but....

--Chopped BBQ on a bun with Mayo, sauce, and Ruffles

--Tacos made from FryDaddy'ing the tortilles and topping with refrigerated Pork n Beans and shredded velveeta.

garciap77
05-20-2009, 03:58 PM
HEY GARCIA do you like barbacoa? and asado(pork in the red chili sauce)?

Asado! My brother in-law makes it when we go visit in New Mexico! It's great. Barbacoa is too greasy and I kind of have a hard time eating cabeza or cow head with the brains and all that goes into the barbacoa.

Ranger Mom
05-20-2009, 04:01 PM
I have never had them potatoes at Abuelos!

Papas Con Chile....found it online!

garciap77
05-20-2009, 04:02 PM
I like tuna burritos. Instead of using the bread I use the flour tortilla. But, never microwave the tortilla, always heat it up on the stove on a pan grill or if you have gas right on the flame, just don't burn it to much. Hot dogs and hot links are also great on a flour tortilla with muster or ketchup.

garciap77
05-20-2009, 04:03 PM
Papas Con Chile....found it online!

Sounds good! If the use the hot green chile from Hatch New Mexico then I could go for that!

Trashman
05-20-2009, 04:04 PM
Hot dogs and hot links are also great on a flour tortilla with muster or ketchup.

:ditto: :2thumbsup :iagree:

garciap77
05-20-2009, 04:12 PM
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/kimchi4.jpg

I love Kimchi is a traditional Korean pickled dish made of vegetables with varied seasonings. Its most common manifestation is the spicy baechu (cabbage) variety. Kimchi is the most common banchan, or side dish. Kimchi is also a common ingredient and combined with other ingredients to make dishes such as kimchi stew (kimchi jjigae) and kimchi fried rice (kimchi bokkeumbap). Kimchi is so ubiquitous that the Korea Aerospace Research Institute (KARI) developed space kimchi to accompany the first Korean astronaut to the Russian-manned space ship Soyuz.

44INAROW
05-20-2009, 04:15 PM
I like tuna burritos.

wowsers.. that is different :D

garciap77
05-20-2009, 04:17 PM
wowsers.. that is different :D

Add some yellow peppers and they are great with Ruffles chips too and a Big Red!

LH Panther Mom
05-20-2009, 06:48 PM
When I was growing up - on Sunday lunch - my momma always had a "healthy" dessert -
1) sliced pears OR pineapple ring with a dollup of Hellman's and cheese grated on top - who'd of thunk that would be good - but it really is..
My mother made that but used half pears or half peaches from the can. Yum!!

My "weird" food is cottage cheese sandwiches, with Miracle Whip, & a little salt and pepper.

Trashman
05-20-2009, 06:53 PM
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/kimchi4.jpg

I love Kimchi is a traditional Korean pickled dish made of vegetables with varied seasonings. Its most common manifestation is the spicy baechu (cabbage) variety. Kimchi is the most common banchan, or side dish. Kimchi is also a common ingredient and combined with other ingredients to make dishes such as kimchi stew (kimchi jjigae) and kimchi fried rice (kimchi bokkeumbap). Kimchi is so ubiquitous that the Korea Aerospace Research Institute (KARI) developed space kimchi to accompany the first Korean astronaut to the Russian-manned space ship Soyuz.

I see from your post you must have done some time in the ROK as well. Never did develope a taste for kimchi while I was there.

garciap77
05-20-2009, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by Trashman
I see from your post you must have done some time in the ROK as well. Never did develope a taste for kimchi while I was there.

Osan 94-95! How about the Bulgogi? That was good!

lakers
05-20-2009, 10:32 PM
calf fries... i havent had them in awhile but i like them.

garciap77
05-20-2009, 10:34 PM
Originally posted by lakers
calf fries... i havent had them in awhile but i like them.

What do they taste like?

lakers
05-20-2009, 10:53 PM
What do they taste like?

last time i had them i mostly remember the taste of the batter, to me they dont have much of a flavor

LH Panther Mom
05-20-2009, 11:03 PM
Originally posted by lakers
last time i had them i mostly remember the taste of the batter, to me they dont have much of a flavor
I've always thought they taste like chewy liver.

BLYEK!!!!!!!!

sinton66
05-21-2009, 06:28 AM
Peanut Butter and Miracle Whip sandwich with a glass of cold milk. No bacon or anything else on it.

waterboy
05-21-2009, 08:41 AM
Back when I was young, poor, and single, I used to make a snack out of white bread, Miracle Whip, and onion sandwiches. I guess that's about as weird as it got for me.

BwdLions
05-21-2009, 09:00 AM
Originally posted by sinton66
Peanut Butter and Miracle Whip sandwich with a glass of cold milk. No bacon or anything else on it.

Those two just don't go together. Now I'll eat a peanut butter sandwich with bacon or sausage (the bread had to be toasted), but that's about as weird as I can get.

pirate4state
05-21-2009, 10:14 AM
I seem to have that "salty sweet" thing happening at times.

If I eat chocolate cake, for some reason I want Doritos.

No wonder I like you! I'm the same way.

I don't know if this qualifies as weird, but I like to eat Wolf Brand Chili with Ruffles.

I don't really like my food touching so some of things I've read in this thread make me want to puke! :ack!:

Ex-Tiger2005
05-21-2009, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
No wonder I like you! I'm the same way.

I don't know if this qualifies as weird, but I like to eat Wolf Brand Chili with Ruffles.

I don't really like my food touching so some of things I've read in this thread make me want to puke! :ack!:

a good fix for me with the salty sweet thing is choclate covered pretzels!!

ronwx5x
05-21-2009, 11:18 AM
Pinto beans and cornbread all mashed up together with catsup. I only eat catsup on 4 things, this concoction, salmon patties, meat loaf, and hot tamales. Never on french fires or onion rings.

If I cook something and my guest puts catsup on it, I am secretly offended!

But then I am odd.

pirate4state
05-21-2009, 11:21 AM
a good fix for me with the salty sweet thing is choclate covered pretzels!! :2thumbsup I agree!

waterboy
05-21-2009, 11:24 AM
Mmmm hmmm! Them thangs are good!:inlove: I used to eat twinkies with Pringles plain potato chips, too!:inlove:

waterboy
05-21-2009, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by ronwx5x
But then I am odd. [/B]
:eek: :eek: Wha................? You don't say?:D Salmon patties and meatloaf, yeah, but I love ketchup with my fries and onion rings! Bean and cornbread mixed, NO. Tamales, NO. I have to have cornbread with my pinto beans, and LOTS of onions! Tamales, I can eat plain, or with chili and shredded cheese.

SintonFan
05-21-2009, 11:37 AM
Back when I was young, poor, and single, I used to make a snack out of white bread, Miracle Whip, and onion sandwiches. I guess that's about as weird as it got for me.
I used to eat the same thing. Two slices of bread with miracle whip on one side and a whole slice of onion. Good stuff there, but hours of onion breath kinda turns a lot of people off.

SintonFan
05-21-2009, 11:50 AM
Strangest thing I ate?
Too many to list.:D
Chocolate covered smoked oysters(it was ok)
Fried flour tortillas (very fattening but really good for chalupas)
There's more but lunch time is almost here. lol
I love pickle juice, in fact if they sold it by itself I would buy it. I put pickle juice in lots of stuff. After a hot day, a small glass of pickle juice is a great pick-me-up.
Add pickle juice to tuna salad, tartar sauce, chicken salad, potato salad. It gives everything a little kick to it. Sometimes you have to balance out the tartness with a teaspoon of sugar.

waterboy
05-21-2009, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
I used to eat the same thing. Two slices of bread with miracle whip on one side and a whole slice of onion. Good stuff there, but hours of onion breath kinda turns a lot of people off.
Yeah, I would kind of avoid people for a while afterward.:D Ever eat just plain chili out of the can (heated up of course) over white bread, hot dog buns, or hamburgers buns?

SintonFan
05-21-2009, 12:16 PM
Yeah, I would kind of avoid people for a while afterward.:D Ever eat just plain chili out of the can (heated up of course) over white bread, hot dog buns, or hamburgers buns?
I'm not a big fan of canned chili so I guess that's a no.
But when I was younger, yes.:D

ronwx5x
05-21-2009, 01:09 PM
:eek: :eek: Wha................? You don't say?:D Salmon patties and meatloaf, yeah, but I love ketchup with my fries and onion rings! Bean and cornbread mixed, NO. Tamales, NO. I have to have cornbread with my pinto beans, and LOTS of onions! Tamales, I can eat plain, or with chili and shredded cheese.

I eat my cornbread with butter nowadays. The mixture was in my young and poor days and my mother convinced me it was the proper way to eat it. Matter of fact, my older sister still eats it that way. I just never developed a need for catsup or ketchup (which is the proper spelling?) on french fries or onion rings. I could certainly down a group of tamales with chili and cheese. That's how it usually comes at a Mexican restaurant. I also like corn chips with hot sauce or chili and cheese plus onions.:D

Ranger Mom
05-21-2009, 01:44 PM

Yep....and Paydays!!

waterboy
05-21-2009, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by ronwx5x
I eat my cornbread with butter nowadays. The mixture was in my young and poor days and my mother convinced me it was the proper way to eat it. Matter of fact, my older sister still eats it that way. I just never developed a need for catsup or ketchup (which is the proper spelling?) on french fries or onion rings. I could certainly down a group of tamales with chili and cheese. That's how it usually comes at a Mexican restaurant. I also like corn chips with hot sauce or chili and cheese plus onions.:D
Or butter with cornbread....whichever way you want it!;) I like everything else you mention, but I do prefer my fries and onion rings with ketchup --- don't have to have it, I just prefer it that way. As a kid growing up, I used to make a meal out of good ol' country brown milk gravy with bread or biscuits. As a matter of fact, I still make it on occasion for my family. Sometimes I add sausage for the wife and me. All of them can eat my gravy without bread!

Something I never understood is how people can add salt to all their food. I almost never add salt to any food after preparation. I guess that's one reason my blood pressure stays around 120/80......sometimes as low as 110/78.:)

ronwx5x
05-21-2009, 01:59 PM
Or butter with cornbread....whichever way you want it!;) I like everything else you mention, but I do prefer my fries and onion rings with ketchup --- don't have to have it, I just prefer it that way. As a kid growing up, I used to make a meal out of good ol' country brown milk gravy with bread or biscuits. As a matter of fact, I still make it on occasion for my family. Sometimes I add sausage for the wife and me. All of them can eat my gravy without bread!

Something I never understood is how people can add salt to all their food. I almost never add salt to any food after preparation. I guess that's one reason my blood pressure stays around 120/80......sometimes as low as 110/78.:)

I love biscuits, white gravy and sausage for breakfast. I try not to add salt but sometimes can't help myself. I far prefer white gravy on my mashed potatoes and/or chicken fried steak. Brown gravy is good too.

Ranger Mom
05-21-2009, 02:11 PM

Is cornbread with butter not normal??

I can't eat cornbread without butter.

Same way I can't eat pancakes without peanut butter.....which reminds me, I need to pack Peanut butter when I go to Austin. We ate at a pancake house one year and when I asked for peanut butter, the waitress looked at me like I was insane or something!

pirate4state
05-21-2009, 02:15 PM
Yep....and Paydays!! and they recently added a Payday Chocolate Avalanche mmmmmmmmmmmmmm

waterboy
05-21-2009, 02:26 PM

Same way I can't eat pancakes without peanut butter.....which reminds me, I need to pack Peanut butter when I go to Austin. We ate at a pancake house one year and when I asked for peanut butter, the waitress looked at me like I was insane or something!
You are insane, Mom!;) I like my pancakes plain, with lots of butter, and plain ol' maple syrup, preferably with bacon, but sausage will do.

ronwx5x
05-21-2009, 02:30 PM

Think she recognized you?:p

BEAST
05-21-2009, 02:41 PM

I am the same way. Pancakes and peanut butter. I prefer dark Karo syrup but regular syrup will work. I also will put bread in the toaster and do the same thing.

BEAST

PPHSfan
05-21-2009, 03:13 PM
I don't think this is weird at all, but I've been told that it is.

I take a Ritz cracker and spread Philly Cream Cheese on top. Then I put a dab of Horse Radish, a smoked oyster, and three drops of Tabasco sauce on each one. I carefully prepare these one at a time until I use the whole can of oysters, and place them on a big tray. Then I open a bottle of wine, and sit down in front of the TV and watch House and 24 while I slowly eat each one. I do not share these, if you want one, fix your own.

SintonFan
05-21-2009, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by PPHSfan

I take a Ritz cracker and spread Philly Cream Cheese on top. Then I put a dab of Horse Radish, a smoked oyster, and three drops of Tabasco sauce on each one. I carefully prepare these one at a time until I use the whole can of oysters, and place them on a big tray. Then I open a bottle of wine, and sit down in front of the TV and watch House and 24 while I slowly eat each one. I do not share these, if you want one, fix your own.
That sounds like something I would make.

SintonFan
05-21-2009, 05:23 PM
When it comes to ketchup, I can't eat it without tons of pepper on top. It's a South Texas thing.:)

sinton66
05-21-2009, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by PPHSfan

Let me know if those aren't hot enough for you. I can fix that.:D

PPHSfan
05-21-2009, 06:19 PM
Originally posted by sinton66
Let me know if those aren't hot enough for you. I can fix that.:D

They are absolutely perfect just the way they are. But thanks.:)

slingshot
05-21-2009, 06:57 PM
Sweetbread. It's barbequed calf's pancreas. Pretty good if it's not overdone and you cover it with enough sauce... best if you chase it with a Dublin Dr Pepper! Usually served on a combo plate with marrow gut (you really don't want to know what that is!).:hairpunk:

crabman
05-21-2009, 08:50 PM
Grilled cheese sandwich with sweet relish. Don't knock it until you try it. Kind of like that sweet and salty thing that Ranger Mom likes.

SintonFan
05-21-2009, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by slingshot
Sweetbread. It's barbequed calf's pancreas. Pretty good if it's not overdone and you cover it with enough sauce... best if you chase it with a Dublin Dr Pepper! Usually served on a combo plate with marrow gut (you really don't want to know what that is!).:hairpunk:
I was gonna post that!:D
BBQed sweetbreads on foil with a little bbq sauce and it's awesome.:clap:

slingshot
05-21-2009, 11:55 PM
When I was a kid there was a BBQ joint on the edge of town. Dirt floor, no A/C, big rock pit, old guy that ran it always had some sweetbread and marrow gut hidden away in a pan behind all the sausage, ribs, brisket and chicken. Didn't want the health inspectors to find it! 'Unauthorized Organ Meat' is a big No-No in a restaurant... supposedly 'not fit for human consumption'. But if ol' man Curry knew you he'd sell you some. It was 'fit for my consumption'... :D