PDA

View Full Version : Mexican National Students In El Paso Schools

Bullaholic
05-20-2009, 10:01 AM
I really don't want to fan the flames of the Mexican immigration question, but this story sort of got my attention.

I don't want to see any harm come to a single Mexican student, and if crossing the border to temporarily avoid harm in their own school, then I'm o.k. with it. However, this situation is turning more and more into a permanent solution, and I have a problem with Mexican nationals sending their children to U.S. schools for free (I didn't read any statement about charges for attending a U.S. school) on a permanent basis.

It is becoming more abundantly clear each day that the government of Mexico is either unable or unwilling to accomodate
the safety needs of their citizens and we, as a nation, are becoming the beneficiary of their problems. This problem is only going to get worse as the violence rages unchecked along the Mexican-U.S. border.

BTW--I am not anti-Hispanic. I do not discriminate against Hispanics and I like and admire Hispanic U.S. citizens and persons who are in this country legally and are willing to own up to their share of responsibility and try to maintain the same standards that we ask of any citizen.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/US/05/20/elpaso.juarez.school/index.html

baller375
05-20-2009, 10:30 AM
The school in the article you talking about is a privite school. All students pay to attend the school. So no they are all not attending for free. Even though some are in public schools.

Bullaholic
05-20-2009, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by baller375
The school in the article you talking about is a privite school. All students pay to attend the school. So no they are all not attending for free. Even though some are in public schools.

If it is only1 private school and the parents are paying tuition--then I'm o.k. with it. I got the impression that these kids were attending multiple U.S. public schools.

Txbroadcaster
05-20-2009, 11:00 AM
the main thing that has always bothered me

Mexico and their government basically whine and moan when the US talks about being more restrictive at the boarder..they put up a huge fuss when the border wall was discussed. They want the free flowing border..BUT on the southern border of Mexico they have such tight control of who gets in and gets out..So they feel we should take whoever wants to come here, but they dont preach the same thing

kaorder1999
05-20-2009, 11:04 AM
terry...IM me again

Bullaholic
05-20-2009, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by baller375

You are correct, baller. I should have read the article more closely. I still hope that this does not become a problem for U.S. public schools along the border and I feel for the parents and children of Mexican Nationals who are caught up in this extreme border violence situation.

SWMustang
05-20-2009, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
You are correct, baller. I should have read the article more closely. I still hope that this does not become a problem for U.S. public schools along the border and I feel for the parents and children of Mexican Nationals who are caught up in this extreme border violence situation.

Legalize drugs or secure the boarder. One option is much cheaper than the other.

sinton66
05-20-2009, 06:19 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
If it is only1 private school and the parents are paying tuition--then I'm o.k. with it. I got the impression that these kids were attending multiple U.S. public schools.

You can thank Judge William Wayne Justice for it. He's the one that ordered Texas to educate them.

Electus Unus
05-20-2009, 06:22 PM
send em back where they came from.

garciap77
05-20-2009, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by Electus Unus
send em back where they came from.

Yeah! Send em back to Cinco Uno Dos!:D

;)