PDA

View Full Version : football and regional /state track qualifiers

jambo67
05-19-2009, 09:20 PM
Which schools have returning lettermen that qualified for regionals or state in the sprint relays? With the spread being the offense de jour the teams with the most returning speed should be a good start in picking a favorite. It seems like the schools with the most returning lettermen from speedy relay teams always do well when that fooball team runs the spread. Also I see the Veer returning soon because smart QB's with good arms are rare. That's another post.

LH Panther Mom
05-20-2009, 05:33 AM
Well, our sprint relay didn't qualify for regionals. But since we don't run the spread, I think we'll be okay in football. ;)

Ex-Tiger2005
05-20-2009, 08:29 AM
snyder has two off the sprint relay that will be playing football next year.

44INAROW
05-20-2009, 08:32 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Well, our sprint relay didn't qualify for regionals. But since we don't run the spread, I think we'll be okay in football. ;)
now LHPM - when are you folks in LH going to realize you can't be successful if you don't run the Spread?:doh: :inlove: :inlove: :D :D :D :D

Our track team has done some "moving around" in the last couple of weeks due to injuries so I am not 100% sure who ended up on the relays - I know Brent Johnson and Isaiah Glover are seniors - but we do have a Freshman on Sprint and 800 relays and I think a Junior on Mile Relay (but he doesn't play FB) Also have one returning that ran in the state championship relay teams last year that broke a leg during football and he'll be back next year (fingers crossed on that)

LH Panther Mom
05-20-2009, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
now LHPM - when are you folks in LH going to realize you can't be successful if you don't run the Spread?:doh: :inlove: :inlove: :D :D :D
:doh: :doh: :doh: OH YEAH!!!!!!!!!! Crap! I keep forgetting that! :D

Rabid Cougar
05-20-2009, 08:04 PM
Originally posted by jambo67
Which schools have returning lettermen that qualified for regionals or state in the sprint relays? With the spread being the offense de jour the teams with the most returning speed should be a good start in picking a favorite. It seems like the schools with the most returning lettermen from speedy relay teams always do well when that fooball team runs the spread. Also I see the Veer returning soon because smart QB's with good arms are rare. That's another post.

I totally disagree with that thought.

Connally and LeVega have perennial top performing relay teams in the State; they also run the spread.

China Spring hasn't had a sprint relay team even place in the top three in District in like forever; and CS runs the spread.

China Spring has owned LeVega and Connally in the past 10 years in Football.

Speedy relays does mean speedy people on the football team but it doesn't you have a good football team.

Electus Unus
05-20-2009, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by Rabid Cougar
I totally disagree with that thought.

Connally and LeVega have perennial top performing relay teams in the State; they also run the spread.

China Spring hasn't had a sprint relay team even place in the top three in District in like forever; and CS runs the spread.

China Spring has owned LeVega and Connally in the past 10 years in Football.

Speedy relays does mean speedy people on the football team but it doesn't you have a good football team. I concur

Eagle1
05-20-2009, 08:44 PM
I was wondering how Carthage, Prosper, Gilmer and Celina did in track this year? They were the top teams in the state. How well they did in track should answer your question about the corelation between the two. You could throw in Liberty Hill for arguements sake.

LH Panther Mom
05-20-2009, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by Eagle1
I was wondering how Carthage, Prosper, Gilmer and Celina did in track this year? They were the top teams in the state. How well they did in track should answer your question about the corelation between the two. You could throw in Liberty Hill for arguements sake.
Last year, we had two that qualified for state - a pole vaulter who was a freshman, and a 400m junior who played basketball, not football. :)

block&tackle
05-20-2009, 08:55 PM
Prosper was not good at all and Celina was decent at best. Argyle won regionals in track and were the clear #3 in district in football. Prosper was the best football team in Region II and only scored a few points at the regional track meet.

I looked into this a few years ago because of an argument - although it makes no sense whatsoever, there is more of a statistical correlation between success in football and baseball than there is between success in football and track.

setxsports
05-20-2009, 08:59 PM
WO-S Win Region 3

Phillip Jones
Trey Franks
James Haynes