PDA

View Full Version : WWE vs NBA: Battle of the fixed sports for Pepsi Center

TexasHSFootball
05-19-2009, 11:49 AM
Nuggets make a scheduling boo boo (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4176082)

With American Idol ongoing tonight virtually in the same vicinity as the Nuggets vs Lakers game, why not set this up:
Simon Cowell and Vince McMahon vs. Jerry Buss and Stan Kroenke in an Extreme Rules Tag Match winner gets the Pepsi Center on Monday Night.

GreenMonster
05-19-2009, 11:58 AM
WWE will body slam the NBA on this one either way it goes. There will either be some serious $$$ changing hands, or the NBA will have to wait a day. WWE holds a legal and binding contract to use the building that night

3afan
05-19-2009, 12:17 PM
"The Nuggets and the WWE understand that the date of Game 4 of the Western Conference finals cannot be changed," NBA senior vice president Mike Bass said. "We are confident that the Pepsi Center and the WWE will resolve their scheduling conflict."

-- pretty arrogant of the NBA ... I hope the WWE goes to court & wins

Bullaholic
05-19-2009, 12:25 PM
I think when the Nuggets owner puts the right number on a check to Vince McMahon, the matter will be settled out of court.

I think the Nuggets would then sue the Pepsi Center to recover.

TexasHSFootball
05-19-2009, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
I think when the Nuggets owner puts the right number on a check to Vince McMahon, the matter will be settled out of court.

I think the Nuggets would then sue the Pepsi Center to recover.

“Even though the Denver Nuggets had a strong team this year and were projected to make the playoffs, obviously Nuggets and Pepsi Center owner Stan Kroenke did not have enough faith in his own team to hold the May 25 date for a potential playoff game,” said WWE Chairman Vince McMahon.

“When you do have a date, you plan everything around it,” he said, adding, “we may be holding an event in a parking lot somewhere.”

crzyjournalist03
05-19-2009, 12:45 PM
Geez...in the first couple of rounds, they'll take three days off in a row just to make sure that they get so many weekend games, but when it comes to the third round, the league won't move its schedule ONE DAY when there's a prior conflict going on?

What would have happened if the Avalanche had been in the NHL playoffs? The Stars and Mavericks have scheduled their playoff games around conflicts for years...sheesh.