PDA

View Full Version : Regional Track or Baseball Playoffs?

GrTigers6
05-19-2009, 06:25 AM
If you had to choose which would it be. because thats what is happening due to the uil and their swine flu nonsense. we have 2 that had to make that decision. Both went with baseball. Thats what i would have picked. But I wonder if there are any that picked Track. :thinking:

injuredinmelee
05-19-2009, 07:09 AM
I havent been paying attention very well so I am going to ask this question. When is the Region I track meet?

44INAROW
05-19-2009, 07:23 AM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
I havent been paying attention very well so I am going to ask this question. When is the Region I track meet?
I think it's this weekend.......

pirate4state
05-19-2009, 08:47 AM

44inarow is right - it's this weekend up at Tech

Ex-Tiger2005
05-19-2009, 09:31 AM
i would choose baseball to watch my lil bro but i dont think it gets any more exciting than the sprint relay in austin!!!

Spaceman_Spiff
05-19-2009, 01:47 PM
To me, there are several things that come into play...

Is there ANY way to do both? Yes, it would take quite an effort to do both, but if Track events are running on a schedule, and you know what time the baseball game starts, you might get a pretty good idea if you can do both, you've earned both. I would hate to be in your shoes when you tell either coach that you are choosing the other sport.

Is there a chance to go to Austin in either sport? If the answer to either sport is "yes"...go to A Town.

There are probably other scenarios!

wildstangs
05-19-2009, 01:51 PM
Tough decision. If the baseball team is solid enough, go to the track meet. Have some faith in your baseball team winning and advancing to the next round, where you can meet back up with them.

LH Panther Mom
05-20-2009, 05:37 AM
Region I schedule (http://www.depts.ttu.edu/uil/Athletics/Athletics.htm)

GrTigers6
05-20-2009, 05:49 AM
Originally posted by wildstangs
Tough decision. If the baseball team is solid enough, go to the track meet. Have some faith in your baseball team winning and advancing to the next round, where you can meet back up with them. One of the players involved is the catcher, and one of our top hitters. So making it without him would be tough. I think they both feel like they have a better chance at baseball than track. But you never know how you will perform on a given day. It would be a tough Decision for me. I would pick baseball just because i enjoyed it more, but thats just my opinion.