PDA

View Full Version : What this Forum has turned into...

jykoy
12-10-2001, 10:37 AM
Due to the amount of teenage traffic in here, I fear that this forum has turned into a place for trash talking. Either make respectful, insightful comments or leave. Not everyone in here cares about if the "buffalo stampede" is coming or if ZZTop wrote "La Grange" in giddings. Try and focus on the game at hand and not the 'political' side of the game. Y'all are turning this into a bad thing. I'm sure the veterans of this board will agree with me... (Dont get me wrong, cheer for your team, but dont make 10 posts "Giddings/La Grunge" etc...)

[This message has been edited by jykoy (edited December 10, 2001).]

Gobbla2001
12-10-2001, 10:41 AM
FYI I put this message board on this site, so if I want to 'joke' about 'La Grange' being written in 'Giddings' (which was just a joke, I have no clue where the song was written) then I can... Unfortuantly (and fortuantly for some) there are NOT as many games this time of year in 3A then there are in the regular season, there's what, 3 games left in 3a? And I've been talking football on this site, mixed with some humor. Come offseason you'll be posting stupid stuff just like we are right now... Lighten up a bit...

[This message has been edited by Gobbla2001 (edited December 10, 2001).]

dogdad
12-10-2001, 09:25 PM
Just for the record:ZZ Top wrote LaGrange in Royse City holed up in the Sun Royse Inn.

joe60
12-10-2001, 09:37 PM
Couldn't agree more with jykoy. I do appreciate some humor to lighten things up but some of the trash talking pisses me off. We would do better to have good conversations and not to argue but to let our pads do the talking on Friday night.
Also we have some people like
josh b pop-warner_qb with no respect at all.

Offensive Coordinator
12-11-2001, 09:35 AM
jykoy it's called playing in December we have the right to talk trash. Because as I recall I think you're from Bellville and you guys are playing basketball so you really shouldn't have much to say. But Congratulations on the 12-1 season.

jgbulldog
12-11-2001, 09:41 AM
jvkoy, you started a new topic about trash talk and that is exactly what you are doing! The amount of teenage traffic in here is what keeps this forum alive. We're the ones who play the game, so let us be! You don't see us whining about the trash talk. It's all fun and games.

marion_man
12-11-2001, 11:35 AM
I'd have to agree with jg bulldog. the trash talking is what gives me reason to come back a read about. Yes, I like to talk about football but the trash talking gives the site a little edge to it. If it wasn't for the trash talking teens, this forum would be a bunch of "has beens" reminiscing in their glory days. still keep a little dignity and long live the trashtalkers!

ej2525
12-11-2001, 04:08 PM
I am going to say one small thing... I don't care about the trash talking in the forum personally. But marion_man... Yes, there are probably quite a few of us in here who are as you might say, "has beens". But my little one... there are some of us in here who have made it farther than you ever will. Ever played D-1 football or baseball?? I have. Will you? Percentages say that there is about a 90% chance you won't. Watch your tongue.

CKB vc
12-11-2001, 06:45 PM
I've never seen a bigger bunch of tough guys!!

Jacket2000
12-11-2001, 06:56 PM
Originally posted by jykoy:
Due to the amount of teenage traffic in here, I fear that this forum has turned into a place for trash talking. Either make respectful, insightful comments or leave. Not everyone in here cares about if the "buffalo stampede" is coming or if ZZTop wrote "La Grange" in giddings. Try and focus on the game at hand and not the 'political' side of the game. Y'all are turning this into a bad thing. I'm sure the veterans of this board will agree with me... (Dont get me wrong, cheer for your team, but dont make 10 posts "Giddings/La Grunge" etc...)

[This message has been edited by jykoy (edited December 10, 2001).]
To tell the truth,the sudden influx of HS students (from LG and Giddings namely)is starting to get on my nerves. But, thankfully, two of these teams will be gone after this week.Nothing shuts people up better than a playoff loss.
J2K

gdornon11
12-11-2001, 07:13 PM
to all la grange fans,

i think that the trash talking needs to stop. wait until after the game to talk trash. hey jykoy.

garrett dornon
(bellville football player)
(31-7)

Gobbla2001
12-12-2001, 09:51 AM
If you see someone talking mess and they do it a lot, don't read their posts... It's funny, the people complaining about 'trash talking' are throwin' some 'trash' themselves...