PDA

View Full Version : Gainesville talking about a new stadium

KTJ
05-17-2009, 10:39 PM
Just got word from folks that Gainesville is thinking about building a new stadium. The only problem they have is figuring out where to get the funds from and whether this is the right time (economy) to be building a new stadium

I say a new high school needs a new stadium and build it a la Denton ISD's stadium. Please.

Emerson1
05-17-2009, 10:43 PM
Gainesville has no reason for a stadium like Denton ISDs

GreenMonster
05-17-2009, 11:46 PM
If they are going to do it, then they need to do it right. It is close enough to Denton to siphon off some playoff games if they had a top notch stadium just on a little bit smaller scale and offer a slightly lower price for playoff games. I think it would go over. Where to get the money is a huge problem though. No bond election is going to pass in this economy and the way the state is currently choosing to fund schools has most schools in the state scrounging for money and cutting programs. They should have added it into the last bond election while oil was still up.

Emerson1
05-18-2009, 12:22 AM
Any pics of their current stadium?

Emerson1
05-18-2009, 12:48 AM
And they will never get a playoff game that will fill even 10% of a stadium the size of Dentons. They will get dinky 1a-3a games

Emerson1
05-18-2009, 12:59 AM
That doesn't help either. Forney has had like 3 since they got turf and 1 when it was grass.

3 of them were 2A one was Kaufman and Commerce(2nd most boring game I have ever seen)

RC gets them all because it's right on I30