PDA

View Full Version : Region I Scattershooting

vet93
10-22-2003, 08:57 PM
There are several big games this week that may not settle the playoff picture but they will sure go a long way in determining who may be going and in what order!!

Perryton/Borger is a big game up north with the winner headed for a district championship. I like Borger in this one by a few.

Lubbock Cooper/Littlefield is another big game in district 2. Both team have had good seasons so far but Lubbock Cooper has been winning a little more impressively.

Monahans/Pecos is a key game for Pecos if they want to make the playoffs. It is also key in determining the big school/small school representative. Monahans has the inside tract for the DI slot, but if Pecos can sneak into the playoffs, then Monahans, Greenwood or Kermit would go DII. This district race is still very much up in the air. I look for Monahans to win this one by 7.

Graham/Vernon is the big game in the region this week. The winner will likely be the district champion. The loser will still likely go to the playoffs. On paper, the edge would have to go to the steers but the sentimental pick is the Lions. Vernon has been playing very well of late and it should make for a great game. I am going to go with the home team (vernon) by 2 in an upset.

Breck/Childress is a game that is more than likely for 4th place in the district (barring a collapse by Iowa Park). Both teams have been playing better than last year but have lacked enough punch to get them past the big three. This game is a toss-up...I am going to go with Breck in a close game.

Brady/Clyde is the key game in district 6-3a this week. The winner will likely make the playoffs. The loser will have a much tougher time but could still make the playoffs. Both teams have losses to Ballinger but Clyde has beaten Wylie already making their final two games a little easier. If Brady beats Clyde and Clyde wins their remaining two games, then the final game of the season (against Ballinger) could decide if Wylie makes the playoffs. This district race could get very interesting in the next few weeks. This game should be a barn burner...I am going to go with Clyde because they are playing at home this year by 3.

Wylie/Comanche pits two teams with 1-1 records in district play. I look for Wylie to roll in this one. I think that they have too many weapons for Comanche. However, Comanche should be a much tougher test than Early was last week.

Bridgeport/Lake Dallas is the game of the week in 7-3a this week. Bridgeport has been a surprise and may have the edge in this game. It should be an evenly matched game. I am rooting for the Bulls to win this one...but for some reason I have a gut feeling that Lake Dallas is going to take this one by a point or two at home. Go Bulls!

Look for the favorites to win again in 8-3a. Glen Rose intrigued me by their blow out win last week. It will be interesting how well they progress through the rest of the season.

vet93
10-23-2003, 09:16 AM
ttt

ClydeFan
10-23-2003, 09:35 AM
Great assessment, Vet! The Vernon - Graham game should be a great one, although I think Graham will win in a close one. I think Wylie will beat Comanche, but I'm not expecting a blowout. I'm looking forward to the Clyde - Brady game and I think it will be close with Clyde narrowly taking the victory. Good luck to all of the teams.

Chief Woodman
10-23-2003, 10:03 AM
Make me wonder why you are pulling for Bridgeport over Lake Dallas. Do not want to see Decatur in Div II perhaps? :D

CatWoman
10-23-2003, 11:20 AM
Your picks look good. Clyde/Brady game should be a good one. My gut feeling is Brady, but Clyde is a really good team, so could go either way. Good luck to both!

Z motion 10 out on 2
10-23-2003, 11:48 AM
District 5 & 6

District 6: I'll be paying particular attention the Brady/Clyde game. I'll go with Clyde too at home. But I feel like it will be a close game, turnovers may be the difference in this one. Brady sure played Ballinger close.

District 5: Vernon/Graham game. This has the makings of a great game. If Vernon can get Scott Andrews blocked half the time Vernon wins. He is a playmaker on defense for the Steers. If they don't Vernon will have to air it out and that might be a problem for a 'Wing T' offense. If the Steers fumble like they have been prone to do this year, Vernon will turn them into points. The winner of this game will most likely be the district champ.

Hey Chief--yes, Decator in DI would be nice!

Wtx_coach
10-23-2003, 12:15 PM
Hey vet good assesment- your right about district 4-3A. monahans and Pecos is very important for the ditrict, just cause Monahans is 2-0 they are not a lock in by far, if Pecos beats Monahans that will put Monahans in a must win situation against a good KERMIT team next week or else Monahns will be out the playoffs saying that Pecos will beat Ft.Stockton next friday, this game has big implication for every one around the district, im not going to take on this game but I can bet you, it will be a wild one!!!

wildstangs
10-23-2003, 06:31 PM
Chief Woodman:
Make me wonder why you are pulling for Bridgeport over Lake Dallas. Do not want to see Decatur in Div II perhaps? :D I would rather see Decatur in D1. I know a lot of folks would! If Decatur and Everman meet up in the first round I am going to try and make it up to the game. If Decatur goes D2, barring any upsets, Kennedale VS. Decatur will be huge!

Chief Woodman
10-23-2003, 06:49 PM
Whichever way we go...I want to meet any and all 3A downlowers who come to the game. PS the injury bug has bitten...two starters out for the season...one more injured and will not be at 100%....but it is about the best team you can put on the field, not who was almost available.

<small>[ October 23, 2003, 06:49 PM: Message edited by: Chief Woodman ]</small>

THE BEAR
10-23-2003, 06:55 PM
vet93:
There are several big games this week that may not settle the playoff picture but they will sure go a long way in determining who may be going and in what order!!

Perryton/Borger is a big game up north with the winner headed for a district championship. I like Borger in this one by a few.

Lubbock Cooper/Littlefield is another big game in district 2. Both team have had good seasons so far but Lubbock Cooper has been winning a little more impressively.

Monahans/Pecos is a key game for Pecos if they want to make the playoffs. It is also key in determining the big school/small school representative. Monahans has the inside tract for the DI slot, but if Pecos can sneak into the playoffs, then Monahans, Greenwood or Kermit would go DII. This district race is still very much up in the air. I look for Monahans to win this one by 7.

Graham/Vernon is the big game in the region this week. The winner will likely be the district champion. The loser will still likely go to the playoffs. On paper, the edge would have to go to the steers but the sentimental pick is the Lions. Vernon has been playing very well of late and it should make for a great game. I am going to go with the home team (vernon) by 2 in an upset.

Breck/Childress is a game that is more than likely for 4th place in the district (barring a collapse by Iowa Park). Both teams have been playing better than last year but have lacked enough punch to get them past the big three. This game is a toss-up...I am going to go with Breck in a close game.

Brady/Clyde is the key game in district 6-3a this week. The winner will likely make the playoffs. The loser will have a much tougher time but could still make the playoffs. Both teams have losses to Ballinger but Clyde has beaten Wylie already making their final two games a little easier. If Brady beats Clyde and Clyde wins their remaining two games, then the final game of the season (against Ballinger) could decide if Wylie makes the playoffs. This district race could get very interesting in the next few weeks. This game should be a barn burner...I am going to go with Clyde because they are playing at home this year by 3.

Wylie/Comanche pits two teams with 1-1 records in district play. I look for Wylie to roll in this one. I think that they have too many weapons for Comanche. However, Comanche should be a much tougher test than Early was last week.

Bridgeport/Lake Dallas is the game of the week in 7-3a this week. Bridgeport has been a surprise and may have the edge in this game. It should be an evenly matched game. I am rooting for the Bulls to win this one...but for some reason I have a gut feeling that Lake Dallas is going to take this one by a point or two at home. Go Bulls!

Look for the favorites to win again in 8-3a. Glen Rose intrigued me by their blow out win last week. It will be interesting how well they progress through the rest of the season.Monahans do have their destiny in their own hands so if the right Loboes show up to play the game all four quarters the District belongs to them. have.

VWG
10-23-2003, 09:08 PM
Always good to here from Vet93.....
I wouldn't think that Lake Dallas will miss the playoffs, so Decatur should be in DII playoffs.
What has happened to Merkel and Snyder?

vet93
10-24-2003, 08:04 AM
To Chief Woodman...Darn tootin I want Decatur to go to DII :D . I may be dumb but I am not stupid! Decatur has got a great team. I also root for the Bulls because of our resident narcoleptic bear!

VWG...Snyder and Merkel played last week with Snyder winning in OT. If everything plays out as expected Merkel should go as the #2 DII team and Snyder should go as the DI rep. The only monkey wrench in the whole thing would be if Merkel is able to upset Sweetwater...in which case there could be a 3-way tie for first place.

THE BEAR
10-24-2003, 11:53 PM
Well Monahans did it and now it's District time for the kids in Lobo Land.