PDA

View Full Version : Lamar State-Port Arthur SB tryout update

Old Cardinal
05-16-2009, 02:52 PM
There were some determined girls--both Juniors and Seniors--I was impressed at the talent and also the distances they came from this year.
I think I was more excited to see a High School Coach from Westlake, Louisiana that came with one of her good players for the tryouts. That is the kind of Coaching that everyone respects; someone caring that goes the extra mile!

Just some random comments on a few individual girls--

1.Tiffany Pratt a Junior, Catcher with a fast-bat hails from Cameron Yoe. A short half step and throws an accurate ball to second.
2. A girl from Dayton, TX looked good.
3. A player from Van Veck, TX: looked qualified
4. New Waverly, TX sent a good player. 5. Katie Birdwell, a Bridge City Junior, superior at Pitching and hitting

I overheard Coach Edward saying, 'Katie you aced this tryout both offensively and defensively'.

There were others that came in from out of the area that looked good but I am not sure of there exact hometown, or whether they were Juniors or Seniors.

I think it was a great experience for the HS Juniors to go through the tryouts. They were so nervous at the beginning--now they think it's a "piece of cake". LOL

TO: folks that support the Seahawks,
I would encourage you to get the message out whenever there is a tryout by the Ship Channel. Even if a girl has set her goal to try to make a certain team somewhere; the tryout, especially for a Junior in HS going into her Senior year next year might well pay benefits in building poise and confidence.

I sure hope the Seahawks can have another tryout to catch the players that are in the middle of the bracket playoffs. Hopefully the area Select team Coaches will get their age qualified players out for a new experience.