PDA

View Full Version : texashsfootball.com

marlin fan
08-03-2003, 11:20 PM
He now has his 2003 Pre Season Playoff Projections up! here is the link the link (http://www.texashsfootball.com/previews03/3aplayoffs.htm)

<small>[ August 03, 2003, 11:29 PM: Message edited by: marlin fan ]</small>

Keith7
08-04-2003, 01:02 AM
Division 1 looks ALOT like last year's playoffs

MARLINFAN
08-04-2003, 01:34 AM
MARLIN TAKES THE SAME PATH. I WONDER WHY DANGERFIELD IS PREDICTED TO WIN STATE OVER MARLIN

exbccards76'smom
08-04-2003, 05:36 AM
I agree...Looks almost the same as last years. But, I hope with just a few little changes. wink

Chopblock
08-04-2003, 05:52 AM
I think he gives Navasota a little too much credit

Old Cardinal
08-04-2003, 07:37 AM
That took a lot of thought! I am glad he saw through the Gilmer weak schedule. If Bridge City lucks out and beats BH, they surely will have to face a stronger team than Navasota! It is similar to last season, but he is basing his projections on the strong programs and not the everyone-once-in-a-while good years that a lot of schools have.

rholl
08-04-2003, 09:34 AM
I know the Forney folks hate his prediction of round 4!!!!

RBARKER
08-04-2003, 09:52 AM
Anything can happen I guess. From 22-3A he has Orangefield beating liberty round 1. I think Orangefield had its best chance last year. Also has Splendora making the playoffs over Cold Springs, doubtfull! These predictions are based on a lot of gut feeling I would presume.

audasmom7
08-04-2003, 10:46 AM
HMMM........

Rabbit'93
08-04-2003, 11:56 AM
rholl you're exactly right. Can't this year be different ........PLEEEEASE :( wink

rholl
08-04-2003, 12:01 PM
I hope not....but ya never know!!!!!!!!!!!

trojandad
08-04-2003, 01:09 PM
Not just Splendora over Coldspring, but everyone in the district except Shepherd and Tarkington. Maybe I should be looking for a good crow recipe.

Bobkat
08-04-2003, 01:15 PM
RBARKER his reasoning behind Orangefield beating Liberty might be because if those two teams do meet up in that first round, the game will be played in Orangefield. Last year the coaches couldn't decide on a nuetral site so they flipped home and home. Of course Liberty won the coin toss and the game, but I've been told that if the two teams meet again the next year the game is to be played at the other teams stadium. Great game last year, hopefully both teams can tangle again this year. Liberty will be tough, but Orangefield will be better than most people think. Playing at home surely won't hurt the Cats, and maybe it will be just enough to get them past a very good Liberty team.

Old Cardinal
08-04-2003, 01:46 PM
It a toss-up: I think that Splendora has just enough talent and with Coach Reese Briggs's Offensive ability-Splendora may well be the winner. On the Liberty/OF playoff game, it would be easy to predict an OF upset by the end of the season. Coach Flanigan has a better building program than Liberty. It's just that Liberty starts the season with a bunch of playoff seasoned Seniors. OF or H-F could well erase the advantage, by seasons end.

true_blue_tiger
08-04-2003, 02:28 PM
It's nice to be picked to win state. But personally, I don't want to be. I'd rather be the underdog, rather than the target.

RBARKER
08-04-2003, 02:47 PM
OC and Bobcat both of you are exactly right. I was baseing my prediction of Liberty over Orange field due to Orangefield loosing their great running back from last year. Anything by year end could happen. there is at least one game each year that proves that, Example Tarkington upseting Coldsprings last year I would have bet my paycheck on that game LOL.

theyoefnshow
08-04-2003, 03:08 PM
Waco Connally over Cameron in round 1????? ***? In division 2 no less? Weird.

trojandad
08-04-2003, 03:10 PM
Ok, I've got a hole in my tongue from biting it on this Splendora superiority.

I'm looking at Campbell, we are returning almost exactly the same number of lettermen and returning starters. And our returning letterman have two levels of playoff experience last year and one level the year before vs zero for Splendora last year and one the year before.

They beat us two years ago in a see saw game where the last team had the ball won, and we beat them in the same type of game last year.

They lost their best running back last year who had just a few more yards than our best back did, with their back getting the ball 20+ times a game and ours only 7. And we have our best one back this year.

Lord have mercy, people. We make it two levels deep in the playoffs and it's a fluke whereas Gilmer loses first round and they "ran into a buzzsaw". Either judge by potential or by results. If by potential, we have 4 300 lb linemen that never saw playing time and have the only back in our district (known of) getting full ride offers to Oklahoma and Ohio State. If judging by results, Splendora wishes they had our playoff results the last two years.

I truly believe if we were to win it all, someone would start a topic board of all the coaches we owed thanks to for having alzheimers the night they played us.

Ok, hole is healed in my tongue, carry on..... :p

Old Cardinal
08-04-2003, 03:20 PM
Sure glad someone did not predict Tarkington to beat you again this year, are you might have had a heart attack!

<small>[ August 04, 2003, 03:22 PM: Message edited by: Old Cardinal ]</small>

Old Tiger
08-04-2003, 04:26 PM
Don't like it :mad: lol

Chief Woodman
08-04-2003, 04:51 PM
Once again another poll that will not put any points on the scoreboard for any team, any time, any where. Injuries and lucky plays will determine more than any poll ever has.

trojandad
08-04-2003, 04:51 PM
That's ok, old Card, if I do have one have a coronary, I'll be sure to not come back as a crow living near Bridge City. :D :D :D

zeke
08-04-2003, 05:07 PM
I disagree with several of his selections.
In the first round of Division 2 I think Ballinger beats Vernon, Gilmer beats New Boston, neither Hardin or Splendora even get to the playoffs,and Devine beats Mathis.

In Round 2, Canyon beats Sweetwater, Iowa Park beats Bridgeport, Ballinger beats Kennedale, Gilmer beats Celina, Fairfield beats Waco Connally, Yoakum beats Bandera.

wildstangs
08-04-2003, 10:09 PM
Bridgeport in round 4. That would be a shock. And this dude doesnt even have Decatur in the playoffs.

wildstangs
08-04-2003, 10:10 PM
wildstangs:
Bridgeport in round 4. That would be a shock. And this dude doesnt even have Decatur in the playoffs.Woops, my bad. How in the hell does Decatur go D1?

TarponFanInNorthTexas
08-04-2003, 10:32 PM
All things (bad picks, etc. etc. etc.) aside, i'm sitting here wondering how in the heck he's got Hebbronville coming out of District 31????

And I agree, I think it would be Yoakum over Bandera instead.

slpybear the bullfan
08-04-2003, 10:36 PM
Uhhh... Okay. While I enjoy seeing the Bridgeport Bulls given the generous forecast, there are a few problems with his Dist. 7-3A predictions.

#1 - No disrespect to Lake Worth, but Lake Dallas should give Decatur a run and be second place. In District. Should Bridgeport take the third spot, that would mean Lake Dallas goes Div I and Decatur goes Div II.

#2 - If Bridgeport is the third seed, that should mean a draw against Kennedale and a Round 1 Exit.

#3 - Decatur would draw Glen Rose, then Iowa Park Maybe, then Sweetwater? That is all just one big guess...

#4 - Read the last sentence of #3. Every poll is just someone's guess. It is fun but remember, the only poll that matters is the one at the close of the season.

BTW, The reason he had figured Decatur as Div I was because Lake Worth has a smaller enrollement than Bridgepor or Decatur.

<small>[ August 04, 2003, 10:41 PM: Message edited by: slpybear the bullfan ]</small>

Burnet Dawg06
08-04-2003, 10:59 PM
Wow, he actually has Burnet predicted to win the Division 1 State game....

<small>[ August 05, 2003, 12:09 AM: Message edited by: Burnet Dawg06 ]</small>

texcaj
08-05-2003, 04:15 PM
Chopblock:
I think he gives Navasota a little too much creditWhat? How do you get that? Navasota is a lot stronger than you think this year. They return 9 starters on offense including a rb that rushed for over 1400 last year and 5 offensive linemen that opened the holes. They return 7 starters on a very stingy defense. If anything I think the collier-sharp pick is better with them eventually playing Jasper.

big daddy russ
08-05-2003, 05:37 PM
zeke:
Devine beats Mathis...You know, the last time Mathis lost in the first round of the playoffs was back in 1998. If they make it to the playoffs, which they didn't last year, they're one of those teams that just has that uncanny ability to win games they're not supposed to. Devine is pretty evenly matched with Mathis, not to mention the fact that the Warhorses' schedule ain't the toughest. It would just take an extremely special team out of that district to make it past a tough team like the Pirates, and I don't see the Warhorses being that team.

zeke
08-06-2003, 12:33 PM
Hey BIG DADDY RUSS, You could be right. It's pretty hard to measure an intangible such as former playoff success. I've seen schools that had it and lost it for a long time though. On paper, Devine looks a lot stronger than Mathis. Devine returns 15 Letterman and 7 All-District players with a very successful JV which posted a 8-1-1 record. Mathis returns 8 Letterman with no information on their JV success. Mathis doesn't appear to have alot of speed returning as listed in TF. Share some honest info on their player strength/qualities and I could change my mind. Don't think either team has much of a chance to get past the 3rd round.

Old Cardinal
08-06-2003, 12:50 PM
To Txcal: In all fairness to the traditional playoff program teams, I don't think Navasota will ever get the opportunity to play Jasper...You will lose big to Barbers Hill, Elgin, or Bridge City ...Look at what kind of season you had(5-6) as compared to BH, BC, Elgin, last year, I would suspect it will be about the same this year.

<small>[ August 06, 2003, 12:59 PM: Message edited by: Old Cardinal ]</small>

Bandera YaYa
08-06-2003, 04:41 PM
WOW!!! Thanks for the vote of confidence...been looking at our "new" team and we just might suprise a lot of people...... :D