PDA

View Full Version : Good Paying Job Hiring in Today's Economy

PPHSfan
05-16-2009, 05:14 AM
Trucking companies. Most of the large carriers will pay you while they train you, and all you need is a clean driving and criminal record, a stable work history, and a willingness to learn. You can make 30-40K your first year and be making 75-100k after just a few years. Have a very good friend who is a driver trainer for a major carrier. PM me if you want info.

CHS_CG
05-16-2009, 10:52 AM
I saw on Race Day live last weekend and the National Guard (dale jr's sponser) is rolling out a program called Drive the Guard... its a program that gives people a chance to go to driving school then they are promised a job with a high end trucking company. Sounds like a pretty good program.

My dad is a truck driver.. has been since my Jr year. He used to do over the road and hated it.. now he works for a company called VTI here in Bryan and gets to stay pretty much in Texas, hes home every weekend and most of the time he doesnt have a run on Fridays either. He really enjoys it.

carter08
05-16-2009, 10:54 AM
my uncle's a driver, and his company just lost their contract with dow and he got layed off. luckily, he has plenty of experience and i'm sure he can find another job soon.