PDA

View Full Version : My next honest question

CHS_CG
05-15-2009, 03:32 PM
Why is it so hard to find out what is going on with ones unemployment?????? I just waited for 45 mintues on hold to get through to somebody who "didnt have an answer for me" Not to mention everytime i've called for the last 3 weeks on any number I can find for Texas Workforce says " we are sorry but we are unable to handle your call at this time"

jason
05-15-2009, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by CHS_CG
The system is screwed up IMO
x2

screwed up in more ways than one...

CHS_CG
05-15-2009, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by jason
x2

screwed up in more ways than one...

I love how one quote from a thread fits two different ones!

IrishTex
05-15-2009, 03:43 PM
Why is it so hard to find out what is going on with ones unemployment?????? I just waited for 45 mintues on hold to get through to somebody who "didnt have an answer for me" Not to mention everytime i've called for the last 3 weeks on any number I can find for Texas Workforce says " we are sorry but we are unable to handle your call at this time"

As a former state employee of the Texas Workforce Commission, state employees get paid almost minimum wage. If anyone complains about any state employees, the state employee is aways wrong. That doesn't mean they don't want to help, but the red tape is incredible. Imagine everyone that's on unemployment these days and imagine the amount of people that file these days. Now, imagine the amount of people that have been on unemployment for 6 months, come in the office with tattoos, and no telling how they are dressed, and then try to refer them to jobs that aren't hiring, and you begine to wonder why even try.

I'm glad I had the experience and I was able to help a few people who geniuenly appreciated it, but there are some good and not so good things about the workforce commission.

CHS_CG
05-15-2009, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by IrishTex
As a former state employee of the Texas Workforce Commission, state employees get paid almost minimum wage. If anyone complains about any state employees, the state employee is aways wrong. That doesn't mean they don't want to help, but the red tape is incredible. Imagine everyone that's on unemployment these days and imagine the amount of people that file these days. Now, imagine the amount of people that have been on unemployment for 6 months, come in the office with tattoos, and no telling how they are dressed, and then try to refer them to jobs that aren't hiring, and you begine to wonder why even try.

I'm glad I had the experience and I was able to help a few people who geniuenly appreciated it, but there are some good and not so good things about the workforce commission.

Well my claim has been going for almost 2 months.. nobody has any infomation about whats going on.. nor have i rec'd a letter or a phone call or any money.. NOTHING.. i've been doing my part of what they are asking only to get nothing back so far. I'd appreciate knowing whats going on!

firstdown
05-15-2009, 03:56 PM

This is the exact reason the govt needs to stay out of health care. Bureaucrats screw up everything.

CHS_CG
05-15-2009, 04:30 PM
Yall dont start it!

Sweetwater Red
05-15-2009, 04:34 PM
Are ya'll trying to make it two days in a row for 44?

LHexPlayer
05-15-2009, 07:19 PM

Because everything the government touches, gets messed up.