PDA

View Full Version : Tye Gunn Injured Last Night

Pudlugger
10-31-2002, 09:04 AM
After leading the Frogs to a 30-7 lead over Southern Miss in the third quarter Tye Gunn was sacked and suffered a torn ACL in his right knee. It was sickening to watch on TV. We all felt the pain and our hearts go out for this fine young man. We will pray for his full recovery and rehabilitation. Hopefully he will be back in great form next season. What a loss for TCU.

gochargers!!
10-31-2002, 09:35 AM
Tough break for the Frogs. I read that this morning and couldn't believe it. My dad ran track at TCU, so we've always kept up w/ the Frogs. Good luck to LG this week.

jason
10-31-2002, 10:08 AM
That's a tough loss...I saw him play first hand when La Grange beat my Forney Jackrabbits in the State Championship game two years ago. He's an outstanding QB and he's a big loss for TCU.

big daddy russ
10-31-2002, 10:55 AM
Ouch, tough loss. I got to witness Gunn pick apart a very stout Mathis defense two years ago in the State Quarterfinals/Regional Finals (whatever they call it nowadays). He was definitely a player.

Bellville22
10-31-2002, 12:16 PM
Sorry to hear about Gunn. He was having a hell of a year. I played against him in both football and basketball in HS. I know he's one hell of a competitor and I'm sure he'll do whatever it takes to get back out there at 100% next year. Good Luck to him and TCU.

evebulldog01
10-31-2002, 03:28 PM
I want to send my well wishes along as well. I go to TCU and I know Tye. My heart went out to him when I saw him go down last night. The word on campus is a torn ACL with possibly more damage.
(I'm not sure about the full extent of any extra damage.But I can try to find out.) They are going to have to examine him further but from what I know he is scheduled to have surgery in the next couple of days. They said they were going to have to wait to perform the surgery till they were certain all of the internal bleeding had been stopped. This is a big loss for the Frogs Stilley is a good backup but Gunn is the heart of the offense.

Rabbit'93
10-31-2002, 11:35 PM
Man what a loss. What a terrible thing to happen to such a fine young man. I'll say a prayer for him and hope for a successful recovery. That kid is a player and has heart. I expect to seem him in uniform again.

Donkey41
11-01-2002, 03:16 PM
Man that is tough. I remember 2 years ago when you guys beat us 28-27 and it was heartbreaking. And I can imagine that this is to you guys. That was one of the toughest and fastest guys I have seen in the QB possition. Good luck in the playoffs hope to play you guys again( This year ).