PDA

View Full Version : The Rockets

kepdawg
05-14-2009, 11:45 PM
I think they just won to force game 7.

STAggie
05-14-2009, 11:53 PM
I hate how the announcers already assumed the Lakers would win Game 7 and then picked the Nuggets to beat the Lakers because of they way they are playing. This is why it is sometimes unbearable to watch the NBA. All you hear about are certain players even when they are doing nothing to warrant said attention.

kepdawg
05-14-2009, 11:58 PM
I just saw the very end of the game but it sounds like the Rockets were in control most of the way.

WOS87
05-15-2009, 12:02 AM
Here's a very cool stat that you will never hear from the LA announcers.

The Lakers had a lead at some point during 194 consecutive games including both regular season and playoff games up until Game 4 of this series with the Rockets, when the Rockets destroyed them, leading from start to finish.

The Rockets just duplicated that feat tonight in Game 6.

mchavez
05-15-2009, 01:01 AM
Originally posted by WOS87
Here's a very cool stat that you will never hear from the LA announcers.

The Lakers had a lead at some point during 194 consecutive games including both regular season and playoff games up until Game 4 of this series with the Rockets, when the Rockets destroyed them, leading from start to finish.

The Rockets just duplicated that feat tonight in Game 6.

After that game they brought it up in the post game show, but no the announcers didn't say it.

Ex-Tiger2005
05-15-2009, 10:22 AM
Typical when LA plays no one else is important! I hope H-Town goes to LA and delivers one of the biggest upsets in sports history.

carter08
05-15-2009, 11:38 AM
i'm going to go out on a limb and say this:

the rockets are the best TEAM in the nba.

their 2 best players are out for the rest of the playoffs, so everyone else steps up and picks up the slack.

you take any other team in the nba and tell them their two best players, (arguable) best defensive player (mutombo) are out, and their playing the lakers, and they lose by 40. there is no team in the league with more heart and desire than houston, and once they trade mcgrady for some more good, scrappy players, they are going to win an nba title.

Txbroadcaster
05-15-2009, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by carter08
i'm going to go out on a limb and say this:

the rockets are the best TEAM in the nba.

their 2 best players are out for the rest of the playoffs, so everyone else steps up and picks up the slack.

you take any other team in the nba and tell them their two best players, (arguable) best defensive player (mutombo) are out, and their playing the lakers, and they lose by 40. there is no team in the league with more heart and desire than houston, and once they trade mcgrady for some more good, scrappy players, they are going to win an nba title.

as much as I love the Rockets run, IMO you cannot win a NBA title with nothing but scrappy players..You have to have at least ONE MAJOR Superstar and then at least one other almost superstar

carter08
05-15-2009, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
as much as I love the Rockets run, IMO you cannot win a NBA title with nothing but scrappy players..You have to have at least ONE MAJOR Superstar and then at least one other almost superstar

yao
artest

and i feel that scola is on his way to all-star status in the near future.

Bull's-eye
05-15-2009, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by Ex-Tiger2005
Typical when LA plays no one else is important! I hope H-Town goes to LA and delivers one of the biggest upsets in sports history.

I hope so too! That would be quite a story, lose your 2 best players, get demolished by 40 in game 5 and bounce back to win the series in 7. Win or lose, I'm very proud of this team. They have endured major injuries & several setbacks, but they just won't quit. Most of the media & experts didn't give them much of a chance, but here we are going 7 with the mighty Lakers.

Bull's-eye
05-15-2009, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by carter08
yao
artest

and i feel that scola is on his way to all-star status in the near future.

Don't forget Aaron Brooks, he is quickly becoming a big time player for the Rockets, possibly their MVP of this series.

waterboy
05-15-2009, 12:14 PM
In all honesty, I don't think the NBA, and their officials, will allow Houston to win this series. The Lakers have more "star power", and their in a bigger market than the Rockets. I hope I'm wrong, but I doubt it.

DDBooger
05-15-2009, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by waterboy
In all honesty, I don't think the NBA, and their officials, will allow Houston to win this series. The Lakers have more "star power", and their in a bigger market than the Rockets. I hope I'm wrong, but I doubt it. I think the fact that this series is going 7 is proof the fix isn't in. I know it assuages some Mav fans to believe that, but I think seeing Boston and LA get pushed around kinda negates the "fix" talk. AS it is right now, the best two teams hardly have big markets. But I'll grant them the star power with Lebron and Melo

Bullaholic
05-15-2009, 12:22 PM
I'm lovin' it. Even though I'm a Mavs fan, I'm pulling for the Rockets to upset the mighty Lakers. I think if they can pull off a game 7 win, it will be one of the most courageous playoff series victories in ANY sport from any time. But my head says that LA has shown that they can bring it when the chips are down, so I think the odds are against the Rockets. He's hoping anyhow---Good Luck Rockets!

waterboy
05-15-2009, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by DDBooger
I think the fact that this series is going 7 is proof the fix isn't in. I know it assuages some Mav fans to believe that, but I think seeing Boston and LA get pushed around kinda negates the "fix" talk. AS it is right now, the best two teams hardly have big markets. But I'll grant them the star power with Lebron and Melo
I don't think, or at least I hope, that Mavs/Thuggets series wasn't "fixed", but you have to admit the refs were terrible and played waaaaayyy too much of a role in its outcome. This could happen in this Rockets/Lakers series, but, so far it hasn't been a deciding factor. I've seen so much bias in the NBA that it sure seems certain teams get the most benefit from calls in those games where the chips are down. I just hope the Rockets can pull it off, but the odds are definitely against them.

DDBooger
05-15-2009, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by waterboy
I don't think, or at least I hope, that Mavs/Thuggets series wasn't "fixed", but you have to admit the refs were terrible and played waaaaayyy too much of a role in its outcome. This could happen in this Rockets/Lakers series, but, so far it hasn't been a deciding factor. I've seen so much bias in the NBA that it sure seems certain teams get the most benefit from calls in those games where the chips are down. I just hope the Rockets can pull it off, but the odds are definitely against them. It wasn't that great, but Mavs were pretty deserving of a lot of techs themselves! Calling one team a thug when I saw many times Mavs mean mugging the refs and other players as well. Melo, could have been disciplined for his act, but the rules are followed to the letter I suppose. I think great players get the benefit of the doubt from refs rather than teams. So TXB thought that you need a great player may be right, but not necessarily because they perform beyond what the other team can control, but perhaps they get more than their fair shake.

JasperDog94
05-15-2009, 02:07 PM
I barely missed getting to go to game 6. My buddy called me when he realized his daughter had too much homework but I didn't answer the phone right away because I was reeling in a fish. (3 pounder at least) I called him right back, but he had already called someone else.:(

forum_guy
05-15-2009, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
I barely missed getting to go to game 6. My buddy called me when he realized his daughter had too much homework but I didn't answer the phone right away because I was reeling in a fish. (3 pounder at least) I called him right back, but he had already called someone else.:(

dang, it was crazy, me and a friend went last night. of course we had our lakers shirts on and the lakers forgot to show up to play :( , but it was still fun, we had tickets right by the lakers tunnel and bynum high fived me pre game, at that point i guess i should have told him to please play defense like he is capable of and make the easy shots, but with that being said i will let my lakers fan side come out and say they wont lose game 7, but what the rockets have done is pretty crazy.

No nba till sunday :(

mchavez
05-15-2009, 07:25 PM
I'm pulling for the Rockets for the state of Texas, but also to laugh at the sports media. Everyone is already talking about Denver beating LA before LA even wins! And Phil Jackson talks in the post game like it's no big deal and they're not worried about it.

Farmersfan
05-15-2009, 09:07 PM
I think the Rockets are to be comended for their "never die" attitude but lets not fool ourselves here people. This series is going 7 because the Lakers tried to sleep walk through it. I hope not but I expect game 7 to be a blowout. Maybe even worse than game 5................