PDA

View Full Version : I have an honest questions

CHS_CG
05-14-2009, 03:13 PM
So this has been bugging me for a few days...

We are going to ATTEMPT to enroll Taylor in Pre-K tonight.... They said we have to have proof of income.. well with me out of a job.. they have to use my Parents income.. but told us.. if we make to much.. she wont be able to attend pre-k or Kindergarden.....

Now will somebody please tell me how if we make to much as a family.. my daughter cant go to pre-k.... we pay school taxes... it just pisses me off.

Electus Unus
05-14-2009, 03:17 PM
I think since your a single mother that will help.

LHexPlayer
05-14-2009, 03:18 PM
Pre-K is currently not under the public education umbrella. At least not totally. It is hard for me to explain but the only people who qualify for public pre-k are lower socioeconomic families. I think there was a bill in the Texas house to change that this year. And I think it failed. Hope that helps.

Bullaholic
05-14-2009, 03:18 PM
Is this a Head Start Program?

CHS_CG
05-14-2009, 03:20 PM
Now I've been informed by my Lawyer I have to attempt to make contact with her "father" and let him know we are enrolling her in pre-k and what school.. I dont know why its any of his damn business.. :mad:

Ranger Mom
05-14-2009, 04:33 PM
Are you living back at home?

CHS_CG
05-14-2009, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Are you living back at home?

yeah... no job... no money

SintonFan
05-14-2009, 05:19 PM
T, I can tell you that if buy the preschool and kinder books(they are very affordable) and you yourself work them with your child you will be able to do a much better job than almost any school out there.
I did that for Miranda and she has been in challenge and GT. She now gets to take the tests for pre-AP for middle school.:cool:

CHS_CG
05-14-2009, 07:32 PM
Well we just got back and we "make to much" for my child to have an education.. I am beyond pissed off... Somebody tell me why JUST BECAUSE another family makes less than I do why MY child doesnt deserve the same darn education and start as another????

The only income we have right now is my mom and dads and my child support..(which isnt taken into account) and we make $9000.00 to much... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: The only way I can get her in is if I get a job.. and move out of the house...

LH Panther Mom
05-14-2009, 07:35 PM
Originally posted by CHS_CG
So this has been bugging me for a few days...

We are going to ATTEMPT to enroll Taylor in Pre-K tonight.... They said we have to have proof of income.. well with me out of a job.. they have to use my Parents income.. but told us.. if we make to much.. she wont be able to attend pre-k or Kindergarden.....

Now will somebody please tell me how if we make to much as a family.. my daughter cant go to pre-k.... we pay school taxes... it just pisses me off.
Kindergarten? Wow! I don't remember hearing about a school that income affected kindergarten attendance.

LH Panther Mom
05-14-2009, 07:36 PM
Well we just got back and we "make to much" for my child to have an education.. I am beyond pissed off... Somebody tell me why JUST BECAUSE another family makes less than I do why MY child doesnt deserve the same darn education and start as another????

A huge part of Texas makes too much for pre-k!

CHS_CG
05-14-2009, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Kindergarten? Wow! I don't remember hearing about a school that income affected kindergarten attendance.

Well they said tonight they said it wasnt for Kindergarten as well but it used to.

sinfan75
05-14-2009, 10:18 PM

The only income we have right now is my mom and dads and my child support..(which isnt taken into account) and we make $9000.00 to much... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: The only way I can get her in is if I get a job.. and move out of the house... My daughter didn't go to pre-k or kindergarten and did great from 1 thru 12. don't worry it's not the most important part of they're education other than learning to interact with other kids. you can teach your child at that age more than alot of teachers can.

cameron91
05-15-2009, 12:20 AM
don't feel bad.my son was turn down also this year for the same reason. I made $ 2500 too much.:( ..I tried to get food stamps and was told I make 300 dollars to much :eek: .when will uncle sam look out for the tax payers:mad: ..

garciap77
05-15-2009, 08:12 AM
Originally posted by LHexPlayer
Pre-K is currently not under the public education umbrella. At least not totally. It is hard for me to explain but the only people who qualify for public pre-k are lower socioeconomic families. I think there was a bill in the Texas house to change that this year. And I think it failed. Hope that helps.

Your are correct! My daughter teaches Pre-K. She told me the same thing. You can also enroll you child if you are in the military. Since the military moves frequently they are allow to enroll their child.

PPSTATEBOUND
05-15-2009, 09:03 AM
Now I've been informed by my Lawyer I have to attempt to make contact with her "father" and let him know we are enrolling her in pre-k and what school.. I dont know why its any of his damn business.. :mad:

Just a guess, but maybe its because he is the childs father.:)

BwdLions
05-15-2009, 09:24 AM
What a shame. The system is clearly screwed up.

waterboy
05-15-2009, 09:34 AM
The system is unfair, for sure. There was a time, years ago, when I needed some assistance, and found out I didn't qualify for various reasons. I won't go into detail, but I definitely feel your pain, T. They shouldn't count your parents income against you, especially since you're a single parent, much less unemployed. Unfortunately, when it happened to me, it made me resentful toward the government and those who did qualify for assistance for a while, but once I got to the point where I didn't need help, I was stronger for it. Are there any public schools in your area that have a Pre-K other than the one you're trying to get into?

Ranger Mom
05-15-2009, 09:39 AM
Originally posted by PPSTATEBOUND

One that she had to fight tooth and nail just to get him to pay his child support....he has NOTHING to do with Taylor and never has!!!

I understand 100% what she means!!!

He is the sperm donor, nothing more-nothing less!

Pick6
05-15-2009, 09:52 AM
One that she had to fight tooth and nail just to get him to pay his child support....he has NOTHING to do with Taylor and never has!!!

I can't wait to see her response to his comment :thinking:

pirate4state
05-15-2009, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by Pick6
I can't wait to see her response to his comment :thinking: Everybody DUCK! :eek: :D

GreenMonster
05-15-2009, 09:59 AM
We got really lucky with my youngest. She is currently finishing up Pre-K. We too made too much money for her to qualify, but the local school district had already committed to have 4 classes of Pre-K with 20 students in each class, half in the morning and half in the afternoon. So there were 80 slots. We were told when we signed up that there were only so many slots and military and low income would get first choice. Luckily only 79 kids had applied for Pre-K before the start of school so we were able to get her in. She has loved it and is really thriving in that environment. She is doing much much better than what she had done in the daycare/preschool that we had her in previously.

PPSTATEBOUND
05-15-2009, 10:10 AM

Wow I didnt know sperm donors were required to pay child support in Texas....
:)

Pick6
05-15-2009, 10:14 AM

They are if its direct deposit :D

SintonFan
05-15-2009, 10:15 AM
:eek:

waterboy
05-15-2009, 10:18 AM
http://www.smileyx.com/smilies/happy0195.gif http://www.smileyx.com/smilies/happy0194.gif http://www.smileyx.com/smilies/happy0195.gif

http://www.smileyx.com/smilies/happy0194.gif Good one!!http://www.smileyx.com/smilies/happy0194.gif

vet93
05-15-2009, 10:26 AM
I have great empathy for you circumstances and have followed the development through the downlow of your beautiful little girl! However, I have two thoughts. I agree with the posters that you can give her a better education at home than she could get in preK. I missed both preK and K and I was able to to o.k. in the educational system. I also do not believe that you should qualify for preK. The system is virtually overwhelmed with people in your same predicament and the standards have to be set in order to keep from overwhelming the limited financial resources that programs like this have. There are unfortunate consequences for individuals and families in your situation. I wish that there was a way that we could help more young men and women realize that the choices that we make in our teens often have lifelong consequences for not only ourselves but our children as well.

Ranger Mom
05-15-2009, 11:03 AM

EDITED.....Kep made me see the light.

I spoke where I had no business speaking.

kepdawg
05-15-2009, 11:08 AM
EDITED.....Kep made me see the light.

Dang! I hope you don't know anything about me!

CHS_CG
05-15-2009, 11:51 AM
IEDITED.....Kep made me see the light.

No I'm perfectly fine with it momma:)

His is simply put a scumbag.. he has 2 other kids.. (which he lied to me about when we were together) and hes older than he told me when we got together... he has seen Taylor ONE TIME FOR ONE HOUR IN FOUR YEARS. He doesnt contact her.. I have written proof that he has said " The reason I could care less about her is because of you.. unfortunaltely you are a part of her" So dont go telling me I HAVE to tell him what is going on with her because in my mind... he doesnt deserve to know nor does he deserve to be called a father. He can burn in hell for all I care!

2nd at this point.. I know I can teach Taylor what she needs to know out of pre-k.. we've already been working on it.. but its the principal of it.. and Im going to stop there bc its something that Im very heated on and I know I will end up crossing the line.

Feel free to ask questions though lol

CHS_CG
05-15-2009, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by kepdawg
Dang! I hope you don't know anything about me!

Kellye knows what she knows bc shes been on of the ones on here that I have been able to turn to.. talk to.. and vent on... not to mention the first time I met her I was walking off a plane in Midland to go stay with her for a week with Totsie

Pick6
05-15-2009, 11:53 AM
No I'm perfectly fine with it momma:)

His is simply put a scumbag.. he has 2 other kids.. (which he lied to me about when we were together) and hes older than he told me when we got together... he has seen Taylor ONE TIME FOR ONE HOUR IN FOUR YEARS. He doesnt contact her.. I have written proof that he has said " The reason I could care less about her is because of you.. unfortunaltely you are a part of her" So dont go telling me I HAVE to tell him what is going on with her because in my mind... he doesnt deserve to know nor does he deserve to be called a father. He can burn in hell for all I care!

2nd at this point.. I know I can teach Taylor what she needs to know out of pre-k.. we've already been working on it.. but its the principal of it.. and Im going to stop there bc its something that Im very heated on and I know I will end up crossing the line.

Feel free to ask questions though lol

You're getting soft in your old age :D

CHS_CG
05-15-2009, 11:55 AM
You're getting soft in your old age :D

Makin sure IM NOT the one who gives Lorey a shot to ROM somebody lol

pirate4state
05-15-2009, 11:56 AM
Makin sure IM NOT the one who gives Lorey a shot to ROM somebody lol Unless you drop some f-bombs you won't get automatically ROM'd...remember...warnings? :p

Not saying you should rip into him, but ya know...:D

kepdawg
05-15-2009, 11:57 AM
Kellye knows what she knows bc shes been on of the ones on here that I have been able to turn to.. talk to.. and vent on... not to mention the first time I met her I was walking off a plane in Midland to go stay with her for a week with Totsie

It's one thing for the two of you to talk. It's a whole other thing for her to share info publicly! But that's just my take on it!

Ranger Mom
05-15-2009, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Unless you drop some f-bombs you won't get automatically ROM'd...remember...warnings? :p

Not saying you should rip into him, but ya know...:D

LOL! I'm bored today...how bout you??

I was hoping to have popcorn later!

CHS_CG
05-15-2009, 11:59 AM
It's one thing for the two of you to talk. It's a whole other thing for her to share info publicly! But that's just my take on it!

Its not something that I hide... dealing with the Jack@$$ has made me a stronger person... a lot of people already know about everything anyway lol.. But I do understand what you are saying.
Thanks for watching out for me Kep:)

Ranger Mom
05-15-2009, 11:59 AM

I only shared the rated G version....:eek: :eek:

Ranger Mom
05-15-2009, 12:00 PM
Its not something that I hide... dealing with the Jack@$$ has made me a stronger person... a lot of people already know about everything anyway lol.. But I do understand what you are saying.

Heck...lots of it you have discussed right here or in the chat!!!

Or...in defending yourself against barbs from YaYa!

CHS_CG
05-15-2009, 12:01 PM
Heck...lots of it you have discussed right here or in the chat!!!

Or...in defending yourself against barbs from YaYa!

dont get me started on her lol..

kepdawg
05-15-2009, 12:01 PM

I'll just make a note to myself to not talk to RM.

Ranger Mom
05-15-2009, 12:02 PM
I'll just make a note to myself to not talk to RM.

Wow....you really ARE going to be bored now!!:p

But....you have made me feel guilty, so I am going back and deleting everything I wrote!

CHS_CG
05-15-2009, 12:04 PM
Wow....you really ARE going to be bored now!!:p

But....you have made me feel guilty, so I am going back and deleting everything I wrote!

lol its ok Kellye you dont have to.. I told you I am ok with it and thats all that matters!

Ranger Mom
05-15-2009, 12:06 PM
lol its ok Kellye you dont have to.. I told you I am ok with it and thats all that matters!

Already done!

CHS_CG
05-15-2009, 12:07 PM
Already done!

:( :mad:

kepdawg
05-15-2009, 12:08 PM
:( :mad:

She was bored and wanted something to do.

waterboy
05-15-2009, 12:11 PM
I understand your frustration, T............just don't go "Lorraina Bobbitt" on anybody! Okay!:D

CHS_CG
05-15-2009, 12:13 PM

Hes not a father he happens to be the one who the other half of my daughter...

Last time I checked a father has contact with his daughter... he doesnt send her mother threatening messages forcing her to put a TRO on him... he doesnt hide out for a year and half before being ordered to pay child support... so dont tell me that "its bc hes the father" that I have to notify him of crap... know what you are talking about before you go popping in your 2 cents..

garciap77
05-15-2009, 12:19 PM

http://img240.imageshack.us/img240/5809/roflsmiliemn4.gifhttp://img240.imageshack.us/img240/5809/roflsmiliemn4.gif
http://img240.imageshack.us/img240/5809/roflsmiliemn4.gifhttp://img240.imageshack.us/img240/5809/roflsmiliemn4.gif

CHS_CG
05-15-2009, 12:23 PM

I totally missed this comment the first time...

:eek: :eek: :clap: :clap:

garciap77
05-15-2009, 12:45 PM

This is how I feel about dead beat DADs and MOMs!

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/gb-most-wanted-hc.gif

They belong in jail, but they need to be put to work while they are in jail so they can pay the child support. Also, they need to be neuter!

:mad:

kepdawg
05-15-2009, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by garciap77

They belong in jail, but they need to be put to work while they are in jail so they can pay the child support. Also, they need to be neuter!

I think that one dude might be a chick!

Sweetwater Red
05-15-2009, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by garciap77

Hey me and another poster were just talking about this. If you sign
your rights away as a parent do you still have to pay child support?
Does anyone know?

CHS_CG
05-15-2009, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
Hey and another poster were just talking about this. If you sign
your rights away as a parent do you still have to pay child support?
Does anyone know?

according to my lawyer no you dont have too.. which is why i havent had him sign his rights away bc i know it pisses him off to pay me and hes gunna keep on doing it!

Now I did have a friend that said she had hers sign his rights away and the judge said it didnt sign away his financial obligations so I am not totally sure... thats a good question to have Rita ask her boss lol

kepdawg
05-15-2009, 12:56 PM
according to my lawyer no you dont have too.. which is why i havent had him sign his rights away bc i know it pisses him off to pay me and hes gunna keep on doing it!

Now I did have a friend that said she had hers sign his rights away and the judge said it didnt sign away his financial obligations so I am not totally sure... thats a good question to have Rita ask her boss lol

Does her boss have to pay her for a kid? :thinking:

garciap77
05-15-2009, 12:59 PM
I think that one dude might be a chick!

Then tied her tubes!:D

Sweetwater Red
05-15-2009, 01:01 PM

LOL! That's who I was talking to. She said she would ask her boss
then remembered she (Rita) was leaving for the day.

Ranger Mom
05-15-2009, 01:17 PM

My sister-in-laws sister ex-husband (whew) signed his rights away so he DIDN'T have to pay child support....but that was in Florida.

PPSTATEBOUND
05-15-2009, 01:37 PM
Ranger mom Check PM's please.

OldBison75
05-15-2009, 01:41 PM
Just to clarify the question--Does he get to forget about support if he signs his rights away?--the answer is NO. He is obligated to provide child support until the child is 18 in Texas. The only way that can change is both parents agree to waive the child support for giving up the parental rights. In other words, some parents feel that it is worth giving up the money to never have to deal with the other parent again, or that a new husband wants to adopt and support the child and he deserves the full "daddy" experience and the biological father is "enticed" by no more child support to agree to the loss of parental rights.

I always thought that a parent that did not willingly support his or her child should have to pay even if they were court ordered to stay away. It's a responsibility thing with me.

As for this case, it is not right that all children don't have the same rights to an education. As a single mom, pre-k would open a time period for you to try and find a job-hold a job-afford child care- and be more independant, not to mention a few hours of time to just be you. I am sorry that it is that way, but you obviously told the truth on your application and did not lie like most do. Many say they are raising the child alone, give a post office box so that it ain't showing momma's address, and swear that they are the sole provider and get in. You are to be commended for telling the truth and you are already teaching your child that it is not alright to lie to get ahead. You have my respect.

Pick6
05-15-2009, 01:41 PM

so dont tell me that "its bc hes the father" that I have to notify him of crap... know what you are talking about before you go popping in your 2 cents..

Welcome back T...lol

PPSTATEBOUND
05-15-2009, 01:55 PM
Hes not a father he happens to be the one who the other half of my daughter...

Last time I checked a father has contact with his daughter... he doesnt send her mother threatening messages forcing her to put a TRO on him... he doesnt hide out for a year and half before being ordered to pay child support... so dont tell me that "its bc hes the father" that I have to notify him of crap... know what you are talking about before you go popping in your 2 cents..

In the eys of the court it doesnt matter some times, and its a shame...I do feel your payne....:(

Check u2's please

espn1
05-15-2009, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
T, I can tell you that if buy the preschool and kinder books(they are very affordable) and you yourself work them with your child you will be able to do a much better job than almost any school out there.
I did that for Miranda and she has been in challenge and GT. She now gets to take the tests for pre-AP for middle school.:cool: This is the best advice you could possibly get! My kids are in every Honor class available to them and it's all because my wife works with them on a daily basis!

CHS_CG
05-15-2009, 03:16 PM
The lady that was doing the checking in of the kids told me the same thing.. she said most people would come in give their parents address and not even mention their mom or dad... Im sorry but if I have to lie to get my kid into school its not worth it.. its stupid.. The system is screwed up IMO(which usually doesnt count for much lol)

Pick6
05-15-2009, 03:20 PM
IMO(which usually doesnt count for much lol)

Your opinion is priceless ;)

CHS_CG
05-15-2009, 03:33 PM
Your opinion is priceless ;)

Is that a good or bad thing???:thinking:

Pick6
05-15-2009, 03:34 PM
Is that a good or bad thing???:thinking:

As far as I remember it's a good thing.

SintonFan
05-16-2009, 12:17 AM
T, you have my number.
Please call me and stop bitching about how you were wronged.
Every parent who has been in your position has a chance to make a difference in their kid's life vs letting others do it for them.:) :cool:

JasperDog94
05-16-2009, 08:46 AM
Originally posted by cameron91
.when will uncle sam look out for the tax payers:mad: .. I thought the middle class was supposed to get a tax cut and have more money in their pockets too, but apparently it was just more political rhetoric.

SintonFan
05-17-2009, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
T, you have my number.
Please call me and stop bitching about how you were wronged.
Every parent who has been in your position has a chance to make a difference in their kid's life vs letting others do it for them.:) :cool:
I apologize for the harsh language T. I know you don't deserve that.:(