PDA

View Full Version : Breaking News Out of Brownwood.............

nobogey72
05-14-2009, 11:29 AM
At a press conference this morning at the Lake Brownwood Bait Shop & Hearing Aid Center- Coach Shipley announced that he had not yet signed his contract with Brownwood and has officially accepted the HC job at Early. Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek: :eek: :eek: :taunt: :taunt: :stirpot: :stirpot:

BEAST
05-14-2009, 11:52 AM
Sounds like wishful thinking to me. Whats the matter, cant stop them knees from knocking?

BEAST

Ranger Mom
05-14-2009, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by BEAST
Sounds like wishful thinking to me. Whats the matter, cant stop them knees from knocking?

BEAST

Lighten up Francis!!:D :D

That phrase is stuck in my head now!

BwdLion73
05-14-2009, 12:24 PM
What!...did our Whataburger blow down?:rolleyes:

garciap77
05-14-2009, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by nobogey72
At a press conference this morning at the Lake Brownwood Bait Shop & Hearing Aid Center- Coach Shipley announced that he had not yet signed his contract with Brownwood and has officially accepted the HC job at Early. Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek: :eek: :eek: :taunt: :taunt: :stirpot: :stirpot:

http://www.geocities.com/sue_twin2/CheerleaderSmiley.gif WOO HOO!!!!!!!http://www.geocities.com/sue_twin2/CheerleaderSmiley.gif WOO HOO!!!!!!!http://www.geocities.com/sue_twin2/CheerleaderSmiley.gif WOO HOO!!!!!!!

Thanks RM for the smiley!

Sweetwater Red
05-14-2009, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by garciap77
http://www.geocities.com/sue_twin2/CheerleaderSmiley.gif WOO HOO!!!!!!!http://www.geocities.com/sue_twin2/CheerleaderSmiley.gif WOO HOO!!!!!!!http://www.geocities.com/sue_twin2/CheerleaderSmiley.gif WOO HOO!!!!!!!

Thanks RM for the smiley!

I'm just curious as to which one is you, which one is nobogey, and
which one is Texasfootball2.:thinking: :D

Bullaholic
05-14-2009, 12:41 PM
I can spice it up better than this----Is Abilene Wylie Brownwood's new Stephenville? :1popcorn:

garciap77
05-14-2009, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red

RED they are all you! Why do you think that they all have RED POM POMs?:D

:p

;)

Texasfootball2
05-14-2009, 12:45 PM

If you look real careful right about the time their legs are completely spread apart it's pretty obvious which one is your Uncle Daddy! :D :) :smoker:

Looking4number8
05-14-2009, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
I can spice it up better than this----Is Abilene Wylie Brownwood's new Stephenville? :1popcorn:

No, Stephenville had the talent to make it a great game every year. Wylie will get their one win every ten years or so but thats about it. :eek: :eek: :eek:

garciap77
05-14-2009, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic

:thinking: Sweetwater and Snyder gives us a better game!:D

:p

;)

P.S. They were the weakest team we played all year!:D

;)

Sweetwater Red
05-14-2009, 12:48 PM
I bet Brownwood opts to move back to 4A no matter what the
enrollment numbers are next realignment just to get away from
having to play the likes of Sweetwater, Snyder, and Wylie.:thinking:

Lion_Addict
05-14-2009, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by Looking4number8
No, Stephenville had the talent to make it a great game every year. Wylie will get their one win every ten years or so but thats about it. :eek: :eek: :eek:

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: LOVE IT!!!!!! :devil: :D

Lion_Addict
05-14-2009, 12:51 PM

:hand: Psshhhhh......Uh huh :p

bwdlionfan
05-14-2009, 01:10 PM

Hah, Sweetwater, Snyder, and Wylie may be tough but they're no where near what we were facing in 4A with Waco High, Waco Midway, Killeen, Copperas Cove (now 5A)

slingshot
05-14-2009, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by bwdlionfan
Hah, Sweetwater, Snyder, and Wylie may be tough but they're no where near what we were facing......and how did that little district run (not to mention Graham) work out for you last year?

Sweetwater Red
05-14-2009, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by slingshot
...and how did that little district run (not to mention Graham) work out for you last year?

Allow me to answer for him....

NOT TO WELL!!!

nationalpastime
05-14-2009, 01:28 PM
So who does Brownwood go with then?

BEAST
05-14-2009, 01:40 PM
Keep talking. Blah blah blah. We had an offense nobody could stop last year. We will have an offense again this year, plus we will have the defense to go with it this year.

BEAST

Sweetwater Red
05-14-2009, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by BEAST
Keep talking. Blah blah blah. We had an offense nobody could stop last year. We will have an offense again this year, plus we will have the defense to go with it this year.

BEAST

Blah blah blah :taunt:

LH_Tuff
05-14-2009, 02:16 PM
OK. I will play. Brownwood will be dazed and confused after week 3. They will not recover in time for district play. Another down year is in store.

bwdlionfan
05-14-2009, 02:20 PM
Allow me to answer for him....

NOT TO WELL!!!

You know, I see grammar errors on message boards all the time. They don't really bother me, but if you're going to "answer for me" you could try to use the correct form of the word "too."

To answer the question that was directed to me; last year didn't play out too well for us. Then again, I feel like we handled the likes of District 16-4A better than Wylie, Sweetwater, Snyder, or Graham would have had they been in our shoes the previous two seasons. With that being said, I would opt to stay 3A in a district that we know we can consistently do well in the future.

Bullaholic
05-14-2009, 02:28 PM
Think you guys can keep this up through December? Well, the middle of November, anyhow, in Brownwood's case....:D

Sweetwater Red
05-14-2009, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by bwdlionfan
You know, I see grammar errors on message boards all the time. They don't really bother me, but if you're going to "answer for me" you could try to use the correct form of the word "too."

To answer the question that was directed to me; last year didn't play out too well for us. Then again, I feel like we handled the likes of District 16-4A better than Wylie, Sweetwater, Snyder, or Graham would have had they been in our shoes the previous two seasons. With that being said, I would opt to stay 3A in a district that we know we can consistently do well in the future.

Ease up there killer! You're going to hurt your hand if you keep
punching the monitor.:thinking:

bwdlionfan
05-14-2009, 02:49 PM
Ease up there killer! You're going to hurt your hand if you keep
punching the monitor.:thinking:

I just wanted to correct you since you spoke for me :)

LHexPlayer
05-14-2009, 03:21 PM
wow....Jordan Shipley must have talked to Kenny Vaccarro and then told his dad to make the move. Smart move though. Or maybe he finally got around to watching that defense from Brownwood on tape...hahahahaha

Looking4number8
05-14-2009, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by LHexPlayer
maybe he finally got around to watching that defense from Brownwood on tape...hahahahaha

You do realize our offense was 49 points better than your defense last year.

LHexPlayer
05-14-2009, 05:37 PM
You do realize our offense was 49 points better than your defense last year.

You do realize that in December you guys were watching basketball don't you?

Trashman
05-14-2009, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by nobogey72

Yeah........and our What-A-Burger is moving to Early, in the morning.:D :D :D

Looking4number8
05-14-2009, 06:32 PM

We were watching it in mid-November, I accept that as a team combined last year we were weak. Nobody from Brownwood thinks we should have won state. We know our defense was bad. Do you accept that that a 3-7 team put up 49 points on you?

LHexPlayer
05-14-2009, 06:41 PM
We were watching it in mid-November, I accept that as a team combined last year we were weak. Nobody from Brownwood thinks we should have won state. We know our defense was bad. Do you accept that that a 3-7 team put up 49 points on you?

I do. I said it then and I stand by it. Brownwood's offense was not the problem. It was the best offense I have seen in 3a since McGee and Shipley at Burnet. Our game last year was a fun one to watch. You guys would score in a heart beat through the air and then we would score just as fast on the ground. Can't wait for our trip to Gordon Wood this year.

Snydertigersrul
05-14-2009, 06:59 PM

Maybe we need to go back and read old posts before last season about a team that moved down from 4A that was going to walk through 3A but they stayed him in November.

:D

Looking4number8
05-14-2009, 07:08 PM
Originally posted by Snydertigersrul
Maybe we need to go back and read old posts before last season about a team that moved down from 4A that was going to walk through 3A but they stayed him in November.

If you have not been reading them, you have not been keeping up. Every few days someone looks one up and post it. You guys have been living off them for close to a year now. I would be willing to bet some people from Snyder said they were going to role through district too. I dont remember reading where you predictied that Sweetwater and AW were going to kick Snyders tail.

slingshot
05-14-2009, 08:36 PM
Ahhh... ain't this great? One big happy family. I bet all you other guys spread across the state reading this stuff are jealous! The new 'Little Southwest Conference'.

LH_Tuff
05-15-2009, 05:48 AM
Originally posted by slingshot
Ahhh... ain't this great? One big happy family. I bet all you other guys spread across the state reading this stuff are jealous! The new 'Little Southwest Conference'.

Don't turn this into a college thread. ;)

Rocket
05-15-2009, 08:37 AM

You do realize your team is done, don't you? This will be a tough year for LH. I predict by the end of the season you might have half the stands full, maybe less. I am already feeling for you guys...

Ranger Mom
05-15-2009, 08:43 AM
It is so funny to read these threads.

On some...you can plainly tell that they are just messing around...

and then there are those others, who have obviously taken offense to it and are dead serious!!

Lion_Addict
05-15-2009, 08:50 AM
Originally posted by Snydertigersrul

Dontcha have a RASH you need to go tend too STD ??? :eek: :eek: :devil:

Didn't happen the 1st year......but it's coming. You know it, along with everybody else. Oh woe is that Tigger Football :evillol: :evillol:

:stirpot:

Lion_Addict
05-15-2009, 08:56 AM

A few of us were actually in the stands, cheering on Liberty Hill.........sooooo :tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

;)

Texasfootball2
05-15-2009, 09:49 AM
Originally posted by Rocket
You do realize your team is done, don't you? This will be a tough year for LH. I predict by the end of the season you might have half the stands full, maybe less. I am already feeling for you guys... From what I've seen, their stands are so small. If they were only half full, there would only be about 100 people their:D >

Trashman
05-15-2009, 10:13 AM
This thread should have been titled "Breaking Wind out of Abilene Wylie".:D

bwdlionfan
05-15-2009, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by Texasfootball2
From what I've seen, their stands are so small. If they were only half full, there would only be about 100 people their:D >

100 at half capacity? You must have figured it when they have the portable bleachers too

LH_Tuff
05-15-2009, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by Texasfootball2
From what I've seen, their stands are so small. If they were only half full, there would only be about 100 people their:D >

Now that is funny right there. :clap:

Actually, 600 more seats have been added on the home side for this coming year. This allows for the moving of the portable bleachers to the visitors. This brings the total to about 3500. Of which, I believe 175 are on the visitors side. :p

Texasfootball2
05-15-2009, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by LH_Tuff
Now that is funny right there. :clap:

Actually, 600 more seats have been added on the home side for this coming year. This allows for the moving of the portable bleachers to the visitors. This brings the total to about 3500. Of which, I believe 175 are on the visitors side. :p I know it's a small stadium and most of the time there is not a whole lot you can do about it, but I will say this. Some of the greatest atmosphere's I have ever experienced at a High School Football are at small stadiums that have limited seating and there are hundreds of people standing down around the endzones creating a very cozy and loud atmoshpere. Haven't been to a LH home game but my guess is that there are more standing than sitting which can creat a real cool atmosphere.:D

Texasfootball2
05-15-2009, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by Trashman
This thread should have been titled "Breaking Wind out of Abilene Wylie".:D
It's a good thing for you that the wind is usually out of the south:ack!: :thumbsup:

LHexPlayer
05-15-2009, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by Rocket
You do realize your team is done, don't you?

Sure do considering my team has been done since 1994 when I graduated. ;)

Looking4number8
05-15-2009, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by Lion_Addict
A few of us were actually in the stands, cheering on Liberty Hill.........sooooo :tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

;)

I was there supporting them a couple of times. Liberty Hill is my 5th favorite in 3a. Here is my official top five favorites.

1. Brownwood
2. BWD Lions
3. Brownwood Lions
4. Lions from Brownwood
5. Liberty Hill (because a panther is in the cat family like a Lion)

Trashman
05-15-2009, 05:51 PM
I was there supporting them a couple of times. Liberty Hill is my 5th favorite in 3a. Here is my official top five favorites.

1. Brownwood
2. BWD Lions
3. Brownwood Lions
4. Lions from Brownwood
5. Liberty Hill (because a panther is in the cat family like a Lion) :2thumbsup :fnypost: :iagree:

LH Panther Mom
05-15-2009, 08:27 PM

1. Brownwood
2. BWD Lions
3. Brownwood Lions
4. Lions from Brownwood
5. Liberty Hill (because a panther is in the cat family like a Lion)
:kiss: :kiss: I was happy to have you guys there, even if you did have to watch me bawl. :mad:

LHexPlayer
05-15-2009, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by Lion_Addict

;)

I know and that was cool of you die hards. Hopefully I will get a chance to return the good gesture with you guys this year.

Looking4number8
05-15-2009, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
:kiss: :kiss: I was happy to have you guys there, even if you did have to watch me bawl. :mad:

We were sad too. Your fans are first class. Enjoyed being a part of it.