PDA

View Full Version : Bellville Job

Crasher
05-14-2009, 09:18 AM
Any news on what direction they might be going for this hire?

Bull's-eye
05-14-2009, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by Crasher
Any news on what direction they might be going for this hire?

How about Bellville22?

TRENCHES06
05-14-2009, 12:54 PM
South

Crasher
05-14-2009, 01:15 PM
South?
I guess that went over my head

44INAROW
05-14-2009, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by TRENCHES06
South

lol Trenches....... funny comment:p

UPanIN
05-14-2009, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by Crasher
South?
I guess that went over my head

Maybe, just maybe, it means the program is going "South":)

rancher
05-14-2009, 04:58 PM
My source is telling me they are going to stay within and more than likely will not even consider anyone that is not a current assistant on the staff. My bet is Doug Foster. Good coach, lots of experience at various levels including several years as a 5a top assistant in the Ft. Bend School Dist.

zebrablue2
05-14-2009, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by UPanIN
Maybe, just maybe, it means the program is going "South":)

in no way is this program going south. will be as strong in 09 as 08, maybe better.

Crasher
05-15-2009, 08:57 AM
I hope they hire Coach Foster

trg
05-15-2009, 09:15 AM
Originally posted by zebrablue2
in no way is this program going south. will be as strong in 09 as 08, maybe better.

I hear you Zebrablue.
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Bull's-eye
05-15-2009, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by Ernest T Bass
I would think that this would be one of the best small school jobs in the state. But, Chancelor leaving for Pine freakin' Tree of all places makes me wonder what's happening there.
I, for one, hope they open this up. ;)

Chancellor leaving Bellville has nothing to do with that school or their football program. The 2009 team should be just as good or better than 2008 and the recent 9th team was outstanding. I know that his kids have all graduated and he has now the freedom to make a career move.

Bulligator
05-15-2009, 10:31 AM
I would think that this would be one of the best small school jobs in the state. But, Chancelor leaving for Pine freakin' Tree of all places makes me wonder what's happening there.
I, for one, hope they open this up. ;)

If you read the interviews Chancellor has given on Smoaky and the local newspapers, you will see the reasons he is leaving. His kids will all be graduated, looking for a new challenge, etc. He is leaving the school in the best athletic shape it has been in a long time.

The majority of the football team will be back next year, including all the skill positions. They will be heavy on experience as most of the seniors will have been starting since their sophomore year when the team went 5 - 5.

There are several very good candidates on the existing staff. I would imagine that the school board would consider the existing system that is in place and the benefit that continuity would have.

If Bellville had been 2 and 8 and needed a new direction, then a statewide coaching search would be mandatory. There should still be considerable interest from outide the district in the opening.

The Bellville Times article said the board would act on Chancellor's resignation on their next meeting date of May 21st. I suppose we wil have to wait until then for more news.

OldBison75
05-15-2009, 01:54 PM
The program at Bellville is proven and will be even stronger in the next four years. Great group of athletes coming up and solid work ethic. Chancellor leaving won't change that. I hear from sources that the new coach will be a current assistant and that it will be announced as soon as the board can act on the resignation. They are saying that there has alredy been some discussions with some athletes and the kids don't want an outsider. Just rumors I'm hearing, but they do seem reliable from the inside sources.

Johnny Utah
05-15-2009, 04:26 PM
The DC would do a good job. Lots of experience on that staff. If NUNN were not hurt they would wreck at regionals, still may do alot of damage in track anyway. Bellville is a great football job and a great athletic town. Too late to open it up.

buff4ever
05-15-2009, 11:27 PM
What do you expect him to say? Bellville sucks so I want a new job?
Im not saying that that's the case, but it's a very tricky business when changing schools in the coaching profession. You always get that kinda answer(you also get the "great place to raise a family" answer from younger guys), but it's rarely the complete truth. I just can't see leaving a good situation that is really on the brink of greatness(could win a state championship any year) for a near impossible situation without reaching the pinacle in the program you built first. Im sure the program is in great shape, but Id bet borrowed money that there's more to it than that.

actual truth is that he was ready to take on a different challenge now that kids are grown up. Prolly his plan all along.