PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else like the new Star Trek movie?

Diocletian
05-14-2009, 08:38 AM
I just saw it, and was surprised at how great of a movie it was. Sure it was flashy, but the action was non-stop and had a good story with it as well.

It's the best movie, since Dark Knight.

carter08
05-14-2009, 10:06 AM
it was over the top and the plot was a big stretch and having leonard nimoy in it was just an attempt to get fanboys to squeal like little girls.

but yeah, it was pretty good.

Diocletian
05-14-2009, 10:17 AM
I can definitly see how an old trekkie fan would hate this movie.

Hell they have a huge plothole surprise that changes the already shown history of the series. Both diehard trekkies I know hated it and have displayed nerdlike anger toward the movie....but they spent $8 to see it just like I did, go figure.

carter08
05-14-2009, 10:25 AM
yeah. if i was a trekkie, i would probably be super mad about the time line reset.

but i'm not, so i don't care.

DDBooger
05-14-2009, 11:00 AM
I thought it was great! Looking forward to Angels and Demons, Friday

pirate4state
05-14-2009, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by Diocletian

Hell they have a huge plothole surprise that changes the already shown history of the series. Both diehard trekkies I know hated it and have displayed nerdlike anger toward the movie....but they spent $8 to see it just like I did, go figure.

HAHAHAHA "displayed nerdlike anger" HAHAHAHAHA

carter08
05-14-2009, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by DDBooger
I thought it was great! Looking forward to Angels and Demons, Friday

i never saw da vinci code, but i liked the angels and demons book wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy more than i liked the da vinci code book.

bullfrog_alumni_02
05-14-2009, 08:51 PM
not a trekkie by any stretch of the imagination. however,i enjoyed the movie. i watched it at home a few times last weekend. (i have a website that i can watch alot of movie from for free, and legally)

LH Panther Mom
05-14-2009, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by Diocletian

My husband has been diehard since the series started in 1966. He thought it was great! Of course, he hasn't talked about it too much so he doesn't ruin it for the rest of us.

waterboy
05-15-2009, 09:13 AM
Originally posted by bullfrog_alumni_02
not a trekkie by any stretch of the imagination. however,i enjoyed the movie. i watched it at home a few times last weekend. (i have a website that i can watch alot of movie from for free, and legally)
You gotta link? Can you share it?:)

bullfrog_alumni_02
05-15-2009, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by waterboy
You gotta link? Can you share it?:) ill pm it to you. and to anyone else that would like the link for that matter. i just dont wanna post it openly in the forum cause idk how the mods and admins would react...