PDA

View Full Version : Needville vs La Grange playoff

Lt. Maverick
05-13-2009, 08:26 PM
anyone have any updates from this game?

tigerfan09
05-13-2009, 09:09 PM
No, but I can't wait to see Wharton take out Bellville tomorrow night!

SintonFan_inAustin
05-13-2009, 10:14 PM
Needville 8 La Grange 1 Final

Needville leads series 1-0

Lt. Maverick
05-13-2009, 10:14 PM
WOW! who did LG pitch? i figured this to be a closer game...Way to rep dist. 26 jays!

maestro
05-13-2009, 10:20 PM
i fear that the wharton/columbia game may come back to haunt the tigers.

changed the brackets...

Lt. Maverick
05-13-2009, 10:26 PM
ya, wharton definately has a motherload of talented ball clubs if they wanna do anything this year....But next week Needville will run into a kid named Littlefield and he's a ballplayer.

hookandladder
05-14-2009, 06:06 AM
Originally posted by Lt. Maverick
WOW! who did LG pitch? i figured this to be a closer game...Way to rep dist. 26 jays!

Supak pitched for LG, game was 4-1 in the top of 7th when Needville scored 3 runs to take a 7 or 8 to 1 lead. Supak struggled with his control, walks can back to haunt him. Give Needville credit, they came thru with 2 clutch hits that provided most of their runs. I will say Needville has some very big boy's and their 3 hole hitter is a stud, Thanks to 2 out of 3 series we have another game to try to start hitting the ball. 1 hit will not win many games.

Brahma84
05-14-2009, 06:56 AM
Supak, for LaGrange had trouble keeping his pitches down. He walked several and gave up big hits when he hung his curve ball. LaGrange has a young team with only two senior starters. Hopefully they can come back and win this series, but if not, they will be getting play-off experience that will help them the next few seasons. Good luck in game two.

hookandladder
05-14-2009, 07:08 AM
Originally posted by Brahma84
Supak, for LaGrange had trouble keeping his pitches down. He walked several and gave up big hits when he hung his curve ball. LaGrange has a young team with only two senior starters. Hopefully they can come back and win this series, but if not, they will be getting play-off experience that will help them the next few seasons. Good luck in game two.

It looked like to me the 2 big hits were off his fastball and one may have been his changeup, anyway walks will come back to hurt you.