PDA

View Full Version : everman's rep

dawg fan
12-09-2001, 12:26 PM
I THINK IT IS ABOUT TIME PEOPLE BEGIN TO GIVE EVERMAN THE CREDIT THEY DESERVE. THEY DID NOT MAKE THIS FAR ON LUCK OR FORTUNE, AS SOME BELIEVE, THEY HAVE TRUE TALENT AND WILL TO WIN. THAT IS WHY I AM BACKING ALL THE WAY.

the claw
12-09-2001, 04:29 PM
I have seen nothing but respect for Everman on this board , with only a couple exceptions. When you win all year like they have been doing you have to give them credit. They've been my pick all year.

JBS013300
12-09-2001, 04:47 PM
Looks like the so-called Everman vs Forney "Championship Game" is gonna happen !!

Rabbit93
12-09-2001, 05:07 PM
Everman is a top notch team and they prove it every game. They impressed me greatly with the win over my beloved Rabbits. I'll be pulling for them this week.

sintonbandfan
12-09-2001, 07:27 PM
Does anyone know who is the home team?¿?

[This message has been edited by sintonbandfan (edited December 09, 2001).]

Owen B
12-09-2001, 07:46 PM
Lack of chatter does not indicate lack of respect or lack of confidence.

piratefan
12-09-2001, 10:42 PM
dawg fan-i guess Everman and Sinton are in the same boat when it comes to getting no respect! The way I see it both teams have not lost a game all season. That speaks volumes!! I think this is gonna be a great game. The team who has their "game" faces on and who do not make mental mistakes and come out fightin' will win. It all comes down to 48 minutes of pure football!! I just hope everyone gives it their best and remembers that no matter what the outcome each squad had a great season. GO PIRATES!!!

oldbuff78
12-09-2001, 10:50 PM
WHEN AND WHERE IS THIS GAME??

SintonFan
12-10-2001, 03:12 AM
Believe me, everyone I've talked to in Sinton has respect for Everman. It's just that Forney had alot of press. Don't forget, when a team is supposed to win, nobody pays attention when they do. I myself believed Everman deserved to be ranked #1 all year. On the other hand, I didn't truly believe Sinton was top 5 until I saw the Mathis game. I knew they were top 10, but they are fairly young and didn't know if they could handle some statewide praise. Like Everman(for their area), these young men from Sinton have our whole area electrified! Overall, I think this game is gonna be better than most people would admit. May the best team win!

GOOOOOO PIRATES!!!!!!!!!!!!
MAKE SOTX PROUD!!!!!!!!!!!!
WIN STATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

evebulldog01
12-12-2001, 12:24 AM
Hey as agraduate of the class of 01 I can tell you I know exactly how you feel. I mean It seems to me that everytime I watched high school xtra it was forney is the best team in the state, or sinton is the best team left in 3a after we beat forney. When are people finaly going to give us our dues. We didn't beat nobody's to get were we are. I thought after last years team we wouldn't be as good but believe me after having the privlage of filming every one of evermans games for the fourth year in the row I can say that this team is better then last years. I'm just sorry we didn't get a chance to beat Wylie this year. We just had to settle for compensation instead.

SintonFan
12-12-2001, 02:22 AM
evebulldog01, many ppl in your area must of given your team credit, it's just Forney had that blazing speed guy(what's his name?). Your school has received many a praise to paraphrase one as an example: from the Perryton HC "I guess we'll still show up for the game", that implies everyone thought his team didn't have a chance. Where in the heck you ppl from Everman come up that you don't get respect is beyond most people, unless your trying to play up that tone for your team. I agree, it must have been excrutiating to have been under Forney's shadow all season until you all met them. You proved to be the better of them. Still, Sinton should have confidence to play with anyone, they deserve to. They've earned it!

GO PIRATES!!!!!!!!!!!
MAKE SOTX PROUD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
WIN STATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

evebulldog01
12-12-2001, 02:35 AM
I agree Sinton has earned all of the respect you have gotten. You have proved time and time again that you are good. I was refering to the fact that It was just this past Sunday on Highschool Xtra Live were they didn't get a single name right for our players they called us the Perryton kids names. Thanks for your comment about us being under FOrney shadow I'm sure you felt the same way about US. In response to my comment on how Highschool XTRA called Sinton the best team left in 3a after we beat forney that irritated me a little. I mean here we had just beat #1 in the state and it was like big deal so what Everman beat forney they won't win again. As for any coverage we are receving up here most of that has been very limited because of the year that the 5a and 4a ad other 3a schools such as Kenadale.

dawg fan
12-12-2001, 08:38 AM
everbulldog01, I don't know about you but I feel the most lack of respect or should I say pride comes from the City of Everman itself. You can drive through the city right now and wouldn't even know the school was in the state championship. If you had a chance to go thru Burleson, did you see how they supported their team? It just pisses me off the way the citizens don't care. And what is it with our fans? They don't show up until 1/2 thru first qaurter and leave 1/2 thru the fourth. I (class of '88) stay all the way thru the school song, because Everman will always be my school-win or lose.
o.k. I have vented my anger at the city I feel better.

go Bullgogs.

dawg fan
12-12-2001, 08:39 AM
everbulldog01, I don't know about you but I feel the most lack of respect or should I say pride comes from the City of Everman itself. You can drive through the city right now and wouldn't even know the school was in the state championship. If you had a chance to go thru Burleson, did you see how they supported their team? It just pisses me off the way the citizens don't care. And what is it with our fans? They don't show up until 1/2 thru first qaurter and leave 1/2 thru the fourth. I (class of '88) stay all the way thru the school song, because Everman will always be my school-win or lose.
o.k. I have vented my anger at the city I feel better.

go Bullgogs.

sinton66
12-12-2001, 09:40 AM
evebulldog1, we know how you feel. I'm sure you guys heard all the same garbage about running up the score on weak teams and all that we did UNTIL you beat Forney. You should have been #1 all along and Sinton should have been right behind you. Sinton and their fans have waited a LONG time for this one. Gonna be a classic!!!

Matthew328
12-12-2001, 12:26 PM
Great point....most of the town culd care less...I didn't see one sign up saying good luck or anything! I mean Everman has never been to this far in the history of the school and no one cares! It makes me mad to say the least...and as an Everman grad it makes me mad that our fans arrive late and leave early...but there isn't anything you can do about that.

Gobbla2001
12-12-2001, 12:36 PM
This is going to be one of the most high-powered 3A state championship games since Southlake-Carrol and Cuero in '93 and Sealy and Commerce '95 (think that was the year)...

evebulldog01
12-12-2001, 01:43 PM
I agree completly I mean when are our fans going to wake up and realize this is huge. Maybe there still in shock. Severalpeople I've talked to are still like dang I can't believe we made it. To them I can say well why not we knew this team was something special. The diffrence between our fans and many others though is some of them aren't use to this winning the big playoff games.

rholl
12-12-2001, 02:01 PM
reps from '85 team will be in college station roting on the Bulldogs

ethsfbnut
12-12-2001, 02:03 PM
To Everman fans...In reference to HighschoolXTRA, they seem to always slight the DFW and NE Texas teams, especially 3A. Believe they come out of Austin and seem all they know about is south of DFW. Does not mean that people all over state are not aware of good teams in other parts. Good luck to all teams this week.

Go TIGERS!!!!!

rholl
12-12-2001, 02:03 PM
actually we will be rootiing them on .....not roting them on!!!!!

dawg fan
12-12-2001, 07:43 PM
You know I have said several times this week that I should get purple and gold streamers and just go around town putting them on every street sign and stop sign. Do you think that would make the citizen wonder what they are for and ask? Then someone could tell them, to pull their heads out of butts that their schools team is making school history and that they should be behind them all the way.
Hey can you tell this is a very touchy subject for me? Anyway I also what to tell commerce good luck Friday night, I will be there cheering you to victory.

SintonFan_inAustin
12-12-2001, 09:17 PM
I don't find that hard to believe. I live in Austin and They have two teams still in the playoff Westlake and Reagan and u would never even notice if u went by the school's neighborhoods. not even the sport talk show's.okay they mention it once recently. But back home in Sinton The town is cover with marroon and white and writing on windows in downtown.Even A City wide Pep Rally for Tommorrow. I guess is big city life, are u well close to Fort Worth.

[This message has been edited by SintonFan_inAustin (edited December 12, 2001).]

piratefan
12-12-2001, 11:59 PM
Look, having lived in the Dfw metroplex I understand that "home" town support is just not gonna happen. You're too close to the Big City life where people are doing their own thing. Unlike Sinton where everywhere you turn there is some store window covered in Maroon & White. But we hadn't started to receive TV coverage until recently AND they were certainly not expecting us to make it to state.

So keep your chin up and know that your team is Awesome otherwise they wouldn't be in the Texas Bowl with an equally outstanding and deserving team! I just hope that you guys are prepared not only for our players but for our fan support. I'm a die hard UT fan, but playing at Kyle Field and that whole 12th Man Attitude really rubs off on us.

Good Luck to both squads! GO PIRATES!!!

[This message has been edited by piratefan (edited December 12, 2001).]

dawg fan
12-13-2001, 07:39 PM
SINTON FAN IN AUSTIN- YES WERE ARE VERY CLOSE TO FT.WORTH IN FACT WE ARE SO CLOSE YOU WOULD NOT EVEN KNOW THAT EVERMAN WAS NOT FT.WORTH EXCEPT CITY LIMIT SIGNS. I ALSO FEEL PART OF THE LACK OF CITY SUPPORT COULD CAME FOR THAT OF SCHOOL DISTRICT ACTUALLY EXPANDS INTO 3 CITIES-EVERMAN, FOREST HILLS AND FT.WORTH. A VERY SMALL PERCENTAGE OF THE PLAYERS ACTUALLY LIVE IN EVERMAN CITY LIMITS. MAYBE IF WE WERE AWAY FROM THE BIG CITY MORE IT WOULD MAKE A DIFFERENCE. BUT NO MADDER WHAT I WILL SUPPORT THEM.

eye of the tiger
12-13-2001, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001:
This is going to be one of the most high-powered 3A state championship games since Southlake-Carrol and Cuero in '93 and Sealy and Commerce '95 (think that was the year)...

95,97, and 99 Sealy won 95 and 97, Commerce in 99. All three games were extremely close, but the 95 game in Waco was something else. Commerce scores in the last seconds to pull within one point. kick the extra point and become co-state champs. go for 2 take the whole prize. Commerce goes for 2 and Sealy stops Matt Weber(whol played well for Rice)at the half yd line. Much excitement and of course second guessing Coach Lineweaver after the game. Most Tiger fans supported going for 2. I made this post a lot longer than needed to say that I think the Everman/Sinton game will be much of the same. A most exciting game for sure. Im going with my Region II cousins.
Go Everman

[This message has been edited by eye of the tiger (edited December 13, 2001).]

Matthew328
12-13-2001, 09:28 PM
Very true....most of the players on the team don't even live in Everman..throw in the fact that most of the city of Everman itself is a bunch of old people whose kids have already left the school and you get the feeling of no city wide support...but I think if Everman was a lil further away from Ft Worth the support would be better