PDA

View Full Version : Gobbler QB

44INAROW
05-13-2009, 09:41 AM
Congrats to Tyler on the nomination and good luck with the final selection :)

http://www.cuerorecord.com/articles/2009/05/13/sports/sports2.txt

Sports

Gobbler quarterback Tyler Arndt honored as one of the nation's top 400 senior athletes

Wednesday, May 13, 2009 8:43 AM CDT

Gobbler quarterback and All-State punter Tyler Arndt was recently nominated to play in the 10th anniversary of the U.S. Army All-American Bowl. Throughout the past decade, this premier all-star game has featured the nation's most elite football players, providing a launching pad for college and NFL stars such as Adrian Peterson, Reggie Bush, Vince Young, and Tim Tebow.

Officials from the United States Army were on hand to congratulate CHS senior Tyler Arndt on his nomination to play in the US Army All-American Bowl. (Record Photo)
The U.S. Army All-American Bowl provides senior athletes a national platform to display their talents and strengths against America's best. Arndt's nomination makes him one of 400 being considered for final selection to play in this classic East vs. West match-up.

“The nomination is great recognition of the leadership qualities Arndt has developed on and off the field as a student athlete in his community,” said Colonel David Lee, Director of Marketing, US Army Accessions command. “The Army is proud to be a partner of the game and congratulates all of the nominees on their selection.”

Of the 400 nominees, 90 will ultimately be selected and invited to this year's 10th anniversary game. The next step for these nominees will kick off in October, when the U.S. Army All-American Bowl Selection Tour begins and runs through December, during which the 90 final players will be announced.

Featuring the nation's top prep football stars, the 2010 U.S. Arm All-American Bowl will be played on Saturday, January 9, 2010 at 1:00 PM (ET) in San Antonio's Alamodome and broadcasted live on NBC.

Super_R
05-13-2009, 10:00 AM
The kids a hell of a baseball player to.

Ex-Tiger2005
05-13-2009, 10:19 AM
What sport will he play in college or will he play both?

44INAROW
05-13-2009, 10:20 AM
Originally posted by Ex-Tiger2005
What sport will he play in college or will he play both?

undecided at the moment...;)

Super_R
05-13-2009, 10:28 AM
He covers a ton of ground in the Outfield and he makes it look easy. I'd grade his arm a 4 out of 5. Just on his ability to run and throw he could play at the next level.

maroonpunt
05-13-2009, 10:36 AM
not according to scouts....but will go d1 in football......

Ex-Tiger2005
05-13-2009, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
undecided at the moment...;)

What a baller! Do yall ever play in any Northern Texas areas during the play-offs? I'd like to go watch.

44INAROW
05-13-2009, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by maroonpunt
not according to scouts....but will go d1 in football......
you mean the former Cuero players who are now coaches and a scout that you overheard at a game in mid-March? Those scouts? You think maybe, just maybe, comments are made LOUD enough for spectators to hear "on purpose" for a reason? Just a thought. :hand:

Originally posted by Ex-Tiger2005
What a baller! Do yall ever play in any Northern Texas areas during the play-offs? I'd like to go watch.

they are working hard to get there (out of Reg IV towards "north").. so we'll have to see :)

Ex-Tiger2005
05-13-2009, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
what is not according to the scouts?

they are working hard to get there (out of Reg IV towards "north").. so we'll have to see :)

In that case it prolly wouldnt be til the state tourney til i saw them.

CHSVARSITYDAD
05-13-2009, 11:43 AM
Can and will go D1 in Baseball,Already has some good interest. A little bird also tells me he wont play football even though he has some nice offers.
But he is young and could change his mind.

maroonpunt
05-13-2009, 11:46 AM
better to go in fb......can't get a full ride in baseball....only limited number of scholarships per school and those are divided up amongst players.....less to freshman......but football gets around 75 to 85 full rides....so a player can get all their EDUCATION paid for which is what its all about.

who are you talking about 44? Did you hear it? I hope the kids goes on and is successful. Maybe that will bring on the fire to get more kids in gobbler land wanting to keep their grades up, out of trouble and successful at school!! That's what it all about now a days with so much cruddy influence out there for OUR kids!

KingRob
05-13-2009, 01:42 PM
Congratulations Tyler! Very talented young man. :clap: :clap:

CueroDad08
05-13-2009, 02:28 PM
I would put this kid up with anyone playing outfield and his big stick. He will play D1 in Football or Baseball. And he will be someone very fun to watch. It will all be up to Tyler were he go's and what he plays. He will go were his heart tells him. It could even be were he can play both. And that offer is already there.

GreenMachine
05-13-2009, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by CueroDad08
I would put this kid up with anyone playing outfield and his big stick. He will play D1 in Football or Baseball. And he will be someone very fun to watch. It will all be up to Tyler were he go's and what he plays. He will go were his heart tells him. It could even be were he can play both. And that offer is already there. Hopefully that offer is from A&M! Would love to see him end up here. No doubt that he is a D1 athlete in either sport and will have great success in either one or both.

Gobbler Fan
05-13-2009, 03:55 PM
A&M has 3 QB offered so far for 2010 . How many QB'S do they need :doh: ?

Old Dog
05-13-2009, 04:22 PM
They might convert one to fullback..............just kidding !!!!!

CHSfan
05-13-2009, 05:16 PM
i dont know who it was but he was talking to a scout today during the athletic period...??

GreenMachine
05-13-2009, 08:59 PM
Originally posted by Gobbler Fan
A&M has 3 QB offered so far for 2010 . How many QB'S do they need :doh: ? A good one!!!

CueroDad08
05-13-2009, 09:43 PM
Here is a list of just a few that I know of from the past two weeks
Arkansas
Stanford
Missouri
UTEP
Rice
Houston

Here is a list that had him on there radar last year.
OU
UT
Baylor
Texas A&M
Florida
LSU
SMU