PDA

View Full Version : Cameron Yoe vs. Bridge City

tigerfan09
05-12-2009, 08:22 PM
Let's talk about this match-up...it should be a barn burner...

Electus Unus
05-12-2009, 08:23 PM
softball or baseball? I don't keep up....I know in baseball if it is a best or 3 Cameron is in some trouble.

tigerfan09
05-12-2009, 08:29 PM
baseball...everyone always forgets that Cameron Yoe has just as much talent as the teams in the "Golden Triangle".

44 Magnum
05-12-2009, 08:59 PM
Yoe is real young but obviously talented enough to take a playoff spot in what I consider a weak baseball district. Taylor = very good, Rockdale = average, Yoe = average

Bearkat
05-13-2009, 11:05 AM
I'm pulling for Cameron, but they are going to see some good pitching agasint BC. Matt Hicks works very fast, throws somewhere in the mid to upper 80's and has an incredible slider. I'm not as impressed with the Kellogg kid as some are, but he has one of those nose-to-toes curveballs that keeps hitters off-balance. In my opinion, BC dosen't hit the ball like they have in the past, but they are very capable of scoring runs. Oh, and don't think for a second, that Coach Landry is afraid to play small ball. Everyone on the team will bunt when needed. Good luck Yoemen and go get 'em!!!

cowboyfan8
05-13-2009, 11:41 AM
I think Yoe has 1 pretty good pitcher. In a one game playoff with 2 good pitchers going, could come down to errors. It would be an upset, but Go Yoe!!!! Is it being broadcast on the radio?

hookandladder
05-13-2009, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by Bearkat
I'm pulling for Cameron, but they are going to see some good pitching agasint BC. Matt Hicks works very fast, throws somewhere in the mid to upper 80's and has an incredible slider. I'm not as impressed with the Kellogg kid as some are, but he has one of those nose-to-toes curveballs that keeps hitters off-balance. In my opinion, BC dosen't hit the ball like they have in the past, but they are very capable of scoring runs. Oh, and don't think for a second, that Coach Landry is afraid to play small ball. Everyone on the team will bunt when needed. Good luck Yoemen and go get 'em!!!

Is the coach Clint Landry from Nederland, his Dad coaches Babe Ruth Ball in Nederland. If so I coached a quite a few games against his Dad, we had some pretty good games against them boy's down there.

Bearkat
05-13-2009, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by hookandladder
Is the coach Clint Landry from Nederland, his Dad coaches Babe Ruth Ball in Nederland. If so I coached a quite a few games against his Dad, we had some pretty good games against them boy's down there.

Bridge City's coach is named Chad Landry. He was with Hamshire-Fannett before this season. I'm not sure if this is the same family that you are asking about.

hookandladder
05-13-2009, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by Bearkat
Bridge City's coach is named Chad Landry. He was with Hamshire-Fannett before this season. I'm not sure if this is the same family that you are asking about.

Yes you are correct, his name is Chad and his Dad is Clint. Chad was a stud ball player, who had a little bit of a temper. Good ball player and pretty good old dad.

sicem74
05-13-2009, 01:47 PM
when is the game at im in houston now and what time?

Old Cardinal
05-13-2009, 04:22 PM
Comments from the other side

Game time 7 pm at Baseball USA facility.
Monday May 18

I saw a little of Cameron Yoe up at Madisonville: they won 11-4.

I was really impressed with the Yoe Ladies Softball team they pounded the then District leader Madisonville 9-0. Their one Pitcher is a Travel Pitcher and she is a good one.

I hate one gamers. BC is the best team IMO but you never know who will win in a one gamer.

tigerfan09
05-13-2009, 09:09 PM
I can't wait to see Cameron Yoe take Bridge City out on Monday night!

Lt. Maverick
05-13-2009, 10:11 PM
NOT gonna happen. Hicks slider is awsome. its either going to be a 1-2 run game or blow out! BC cards on top. then they get spring hill. now that's a series