PDA

View Full Version : American Idol

Ranger Mom
05-12-2009, 10:04 AM
Only 3 remaining contestants.

Simon Cowell said on Oprah yesterday that he thought Adam Lambert would win.

I still like Kris the most......but if Adam or Danny wins I won't be upset.

Anybody else following it this season?

44INAROW
05-12-2009, 10:13 AM
I pretty much agree. One of the ladies in my office LOVED that Allison girl, she never "did it" for me. She sang on Regis and Kelly yesterday - I thought it was horrible. Maybe it's just the style of music I don't care for. I've liked Danny since the audition! but I think Adam has the "stage presence" Will be interesting to see how the votes go... Oh and RM "you've got mail"

Lion_Addict
05-12-2009, 10:16 AM
Liked Danny the most from the beginning. Gonna stick with him to take it.

Rabid Cougar
05-12-2009, 10:20 AM
Danny or Chris.
Cannot stand Adam but he will win.

I am so ashamed. I answered an "Idol" thread.

Ranger Mom
05-12-2009, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by Rabid Cougar
Danny or Chris.
Cannot stand Adam but he will win.

I am so ashamed. I answered an "Idol" thread.

That's okay....we won't tell!!:D

BreckTxLonghorn
05-12-2009, 10:27 AM
I was a Noop-dogg fan from the beginning. A little piece of my Idol Heart died when he left. NOOOOOOOP.

Matt Giraud was my next favorite, just because I always thought he did good contemporary covers. And Kris is great, he just wears on me because he does the style every time. It's great for commecial success, I guess.

Of the top 3, I'll take Kris, but Adam will win. He's not a rocker like everyone says, but a great performer and can sing. Hopefully he takes over Broadways and stays away from Top 40 stuff.

CHS_CG
05-12-2009, 10:31 AM
I am totally going with Adam.. I picked him in the get go to do really good!!!! I dont think Allison should have been voted out last week compared to Danny... he just wasnt good last week.

It seems like Adam can kick butt on any theme they pick.... He is the most "rounded" out of the last 3..

GO ADAM!!!

Lion_Addict
05-12-2009, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by CHS_CG
I am totally going with Adam.. I picked him in the get go to do really good!!!! I dont think Allison should have been voted out last week compared to Danny... he just wasnt good last week.

It seems like Adam can kick butt on any theme they pick.... He is the most "rounded" out of the last 3..

GO ADAM!!!

BOOOOOO.............:dispntd: :p

Ranger Mom
05-12-2009, 10:36 AM
Adam is extremely talented, that can't be denied.

He is just too theatrical and flamboyant for my taste...and he has toned it WAY down on the show (kinda scary, huh??)

Of the three he is probably the most talented, but my least favorite.
..but I still enjoy watching him sing. I loved his rendition of "play that funky music."

I have liked Danny and Kris from the get-go......I love Kris's quirky mouth and he has the cutest smile.

I haven't had a favorite that I was 100% rooting for since the Carrie Underwood/Bo Bice finale....that one was still my favorite year!!

CheerMom
05-12-2009, 11:11 AM
Definitely going with Adam.

Phil C
05-12-2009, 03:14 PM
I don't know who will win but the final ten were very talented. In fact many who didn't make the top ten were good. Whoever wins will be good and the others should have a good future.

raider red 2000
05-12-2009, 09:21 PM
i thought adam was the weak link tonight.....all were good.

Kris suprised me with his kanye song.

CHS_CG
05-12-2009, 09:22 PM
Originally posted by Lion_Addict
BOOOOOO.............:dispntd: :p

DONT BOO ME!!!!

After tonight I think it will be Adam and Kris in the finals.. I've been sitting here for an hr and 22 mins voting for Adam OF COURSE hehehehe

I do have to say Kris looked really hot singing Heartless tonight!!!

CHS_CG
05-12-2009, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by raider red 2000
i thought adam was the weak link tonight.....all were good.

Kris suprised me with his kanye song.

No way.. Danny was not impressive tonight at all..

With Kris you are gunna remember he took a Kanye song and made it TOTALLY different and with Adam you are going to remember him hitting BIG notes... To tell you the truth.. I cant even remember what Danny picked to sing...

Ranger Mom
05-12-2009, 09:30 PM
DONT BOO ME!!!!

After tonight I think it will be Adam and Kris in the finals.. I've been sitting here for an hr and 22 mins voting for Adam OF COURSE hehehehe

I do have to say Kris looked really hot singing Heartless tonight!!!

I think that is why I like Kris so much....his mannerisms (especially when he plays his guitar) reminds me of Chad.

I like 'em all at this point....I'm glad I don't vote anymore!!:D

Shane said it's too bad Adam is gay, he thinks he could get lots of....ya know...I won't be as crass as he was!!:)

CHS_CG
05-12-2009, 09:48 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I think that is why I like Kris so much....his mannerisms (especially when he plays his guitar) reminds me of Chad.

I like 'em all at this point....I'm glad I don't vote anymore!!:D

Shane said it's too bad Adam is gay, he thinks he could get lots of....ya know...I won't be as crass as he was!!:)

LMAO:clap: :clap:

BreckTxLonghorn
05-13-2009, 12:24 AM
How good was 'Heartbreak' tonight?

It made people forget Kanye came on the show 6 weeks ago and perform the exact same song. Kris outperformed the original...

WOS87
05-13-2009, 12:33 AM
Adam all the way!!

Lion_Addict
05-13-2009, 04:33 AM
DONT BOO ME!!!!

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! :p :kiss: :kiss:

Either one of 'em............just not Adam!!!!! :thmbdwn:

Ranger Mom
05-13-2009, 08:16 AM
Originally posted by BreckTxLonghorn
How good was 'Heartbreak' tonight?

It made people forget Kanye came on the show 6 weeks ago and perform the exact same song. Kris outperformed the original...

I had never heard that song before...but I loved his version of it!

CheerMom
05-13-2009, 08:37 AM
Once again....definitely Adam.....and as far as my second choice, after the last two weeks I have to go with Kris.

Farmersfan
05-13-2009, 08:45 AM
I am ashamed to say last night was the first time I have watched this year's Idol and I was blown away. All three were really, really good. I think any of them could win it all and which ever one wins could be bigger than Underwood.............But not as HOT!!!!

Txbroadcaster
05-13-2009, 08:59 AM
Originally posted by Farmersfan
I am ashamed to say last night was the first time I have watched this year's Idol and I was blown away. All three were really, really good. I think any of them could win it all and which ever one wins could be bigger than Underwood.............But not as HOT!!!!

I still dont think Kris or Danny will be thaqt big..yes they are good, but they also IMO are forgetable in the long run

Ranger Mom
05-13-2009, 09:18 AM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
I still dont think Kris or Danny will be thaqt big..yes they are good, but they also IMO are forgetable in the long run

As far as talent goes....Kris has that hands down. As far as I have been able to ascertain, he plays the guitar, piano/keyboard, violin, etc.

I don't think either Adam or Danny plays any instruments.

Adam has an AWESOME voice and I love rock, but after listening to both songs he sang last night and then hitting the TIVO to listen to his rock song and duet from last week...I actually had a headache. I have decided I can only take him in short spurts!!

I am officially hoping for an Adam/Kris finale!

BwdLions
05-13-2009, 09:23 AM
Adam is a little strange, but he has the best vocals without a doubt. Who needs to play an instrument when you can sing like that?

Ranger Mom
05-13-2009, 09:24 AM
Originally posted by BwdLions
Adam is a little strange, but he has the best vocals without a doubt. Who needs to play an instrument when you can sing like that?

Like I said, I like Adam...but I couldn't handle many songs in a row where he screams like he does....no matter how "on key" the scream is!!

CHS_CG
05-13-2009, 08:09 PM
ITS ON!!!!

Lets see if my voting for 2 hrs did any good!

CHS_CG
05-13-2009, 08:31 PM

I just told mom that and she doesnt believe it.. she says Im crazy and the net lies lol

CHS_CG
05-13-2009, 09:00 PM
WOOOHOOO!!!!!!!

:inlove: :inlove: :inlove: :inlove:

Ranger Mom
05-13-2009, 09:05 PM
I just told mom that and she doesnt believe it.. she says Im crazy and the net lies lol

I may not have believed it had I not heard him say it himself.

He didn't come right out and say "I'm gay" but there is a video of him talking about having to kiss a girl and he says, "while that's not my preference, it wasn't that bad."

Also...the pics of him with another guys tongue in his mouth kinda gives it away too.

Ranger Mom
05-13-2009, 09:06 PM
WOOOHOOO!!!!!!!

:inlove: :inlove: :inlove: :inlove:

I am just happy that Kris made it through...I didn't care who the other one was really!

CHS_CG
05-13-2009, 09:11 PM
I am just happy that Kris made it through...I didn't care who the other one was really!

Kris has something about him that reminds me of somebody and I cant put my finger on it.. but he is totally hot!

Ranger Mom
05-13-2009, 09:17 PM
Kris has something about him that reminds me of somebody and I cant put my finger on it.. but he is totally hot!

LOL!! He reminds me of Chad! They don't look alike but their mannerisms are the same when they sing.

tigerfan09
05-13-2009, 09:20 PM
Last time I checked, American Idol has nothing to do with Class 3A sports in Texas.

44INAROW
05-13-2009, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by tigerfan09
Last time I checked, American Idol has nothing to do with Class 3A sports in Texas.

Lighten Up Francis.............:doh:

Rocket

Tiny Tim?

CHS_CG
LOL!! He reminds me of Chad! They don't look alike but their mannerisms are the same when they sing.

That may be it... his smile I think is what gets me.. I just cant get a handle on it.

tigerfan09
05-13-2009, 09:22 PM
but I am glad that the old guy Danny got kicked off...hopefully, Kris can pull it out...by the way, who is Francis?

Ranger Mom
05-13-2009, 09:23 PM

By George.....we got us a genius in the house!!!!:hand:

CHS_CG
05-13-2009, 09:23 PM

Rookie

CHS_CG
05-13-2009, 09:25 PM
By George.....we got us a genius in the house!!!!:hand:

What would we have ever done without that infomation?!?!?!

Ranger Mom
05-13-2009, 09:26 PM
Rookie

LOL!!!!:p

Ranger Mom
05-13-2009, 09:29 PM
What would we have ever done without that infomation?!?!?!

I don't know, but when I read it my initial thought was, "PhilC? Is that you??"

44INAROW
05-13-2009, 09:30 PM
the way, who is Francis?

it's a saying, proably just us "old folks" get it.

are you going to the Wharton/Bellville games? I am thinking about going Friday.. I have seen Wharton play (in Cuero) but I haven't seen Bellville play this year

tigerfan09
05-13-2009, 09:36 PM
Yes, I am going to the Wharton/Bellville game on Friday for sure.

Ranger Mom
05-13-2009, 09:41 PM
Last time I checked this was an American idol thread.......:D :D

CHS_CG
05-13-2009, 09:44 PM
Last time I checked this was an American idol thread.......:D :D

Which apparently isnt part of Texas High School Football:rolleyes:

BwdLions
05-14-2009, 09:21 AM
Which apparently isnt part of Texas High School Football:rolleyes:

I don't know if you realize it CHS_CG but it's the off-season so there's not much going on right now in Texas High School Football. You should have known by the name of this thread that it was about American Idol. By the way, in case you're not keeping up CHS_CG, Adam will beat Chris next week.

Ranger Mom
05-14-2009, 09:33 AM
I don't know if you realize it CHS_CG but it's the off-season so there's not much going on right now in Texas High School Football. You should have known by the name of this thread that it was about American Idol.

I hope you are kidding! If not, you obviously didn't read the entire thread!!!

Ranger Mom
05-14-2009, 09:35 AM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
it's a saying, proably just us "old folks" get it.

are you going to the Wharton/Bellville games? I am thinking about going Friday.. I have seen Wharton play (in Cuero) but I haven't seen Bellville play this year

Is it just a saying? I remember it from the movie "Stripes"...but never knew if it originated from that movie, or if was already a saying and they just used it in that movie.

Lion_Addict
05-14-2009, 10:18 AM
Gonna be rooting for Chris, but figure Adam will take it unfortunately :dispntd:

44INAROW
05-14-2009, 10:30 AM
Is it just a saying? I remember it from the movie "Stripes"...but never knew if it originated from that movie, or if was already a saying and they just used it in that movie.

that's the 1st time I heard it too... not sure where it derived from

Lighten Up Francis (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6cxNR9ML8k)

Ranger Mom
05-14-2009, 10:50 AM
Gonna be rooting for Chris, but figure Adam will take it unfortunately :dispntd:

You never know...they said there were a million votes separating the top 2....didn't say which one had the most.

Most Danny voters will probably throw their vote Kris's way....if they even vote.

I am still not 100% sure that the public's votes count anyway.

CHS_CG
05-14-2009, 11:04 AM
I don't know if you realize it CHS_CG but it's the off-season so there's not much going on right now in Texas High School Football. You should have known by the name of this thread that it was about American Idol. By the way, in case you're not keeping up CHS_CG, Adam will beat Chris next week.

I dont even know what to say to this.. except go back.. read the thread.. pull your foot out of your mouth.. and try again.

44INAROW
05-14-2009, 11:13 AM
I dont even know what to say to this.. except go back.. read the thread.. pull your foot out of your mouth.. and try again.

I just spit tea all over my monitor :D

CHS_CG
05-14-2009, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
I just spit tea all over my monitor :D

LMAO my bad:D

Sweetwater Red
05-14-2009, 11:25 AM

To be honest I think he might have mistaken you for francisfan09.:doh: :D

Lion_Addict
05-14-2009, 11:30 AM
You never know...they said there were a million votes separating the top 2....didn't say which one had the most.

Most Danny voters will probably throw their vote Kris's way....if they even vote.

I am still not 100% sure that the public's votes count anyway.

Very good point............ :doh: Gawd, I just had to go and be nice. I must be getting weak. ;)

CHS_CG
05-14-2009, 01:06 PM
Very good point............ :doh: Gawd, I just had to go and be nice. I must be getting weak. ;)

Or old :inlove:

BwdLions
05-14-2009, 01:11 PM
Okay, okay, I had to use both hands but I pulled my foot out of mouth. It does help to read the entire post. I can admit when I make a mistake (usually). :D

CHS_CG
05-14-2009, 01:21 PM
Okay, okay, I had to use both hands but I pulled my foot out of mouth. It does help to read the entire post. I can admit when I make a mistake (usually). :D

I knew it would come to you once the thread was read lol. Glad we got ya caught up!

Lion_Addict
05-14-2009, 01:29 PM
Or old :inlove:

MEANIE......... :tongue: :tongue:. You know how sensitive I am :crying:

CHS_CG
05-14-2009, 01:30 PM
MEANIE......... :tongue: :tongue:. You know how sensitive I am :crying:

:kiss: :inlove:

44INAROW
05-14-2009, 01:43 PM

we've all done it.. ;)

Ranger Mom
05-14-2009, 01:55 PM

I ran across a smilie the other day who was pulling it's foot out of it's mouth!

I bookmarked the page so I would have it for a time such as this......SO I THOUGHT....but for some reason it didn't work!

I need to find it again....I would use it often for myself!!

BwdLions
05-14-2009, 02:47 PM
See if you can find it Ranger Mom. I'm sure I'll need it again some day. ;)

LH Panther Mom
05-14-2009, 09:14 PM
I ran across a smilie the other day who was pulling it's foot out of it's mouth!

I bookmarked the page so I would have it for a time such as this......SO I THOUGHT....but for some reason it didn't work!

I need to find it again....I would use it often for myself!!
http://bestsmileys.com/foot_in_mouth/1.gif

CHS_CG
05-15-2009, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
http://bestsmileys.com/foot_in_mouth/1.gif

I think we need a bigger one