PDA

View Full Version : Mavs win 119-117

Bull's-eye
05-12-2009, 12:13 AM
Dirk score 44 points to lead the Mavs. Carmelo Anthony scored 41 points for Denver.

Keith7
05-12-2009, 12:19 AM
BOOOOO please let the whiney losers just get eliminated.. They have mastered the art of floppin better than the Italian soccer team.. I love how the refs gave the Mavs the game with the ticky tack fouls at the end.. K-Mart fouled Dirk on that air ball haha yea right.. I like how late the whistle blew because the ref had to make sure the shot wasn't going in before he called the foul.. Good job NBA you have mastered the art of fixing games!

Emerson1
05-12-2009, 12:42 AM
I literally ran into lil wayne and devin harris at the game.

Keith your shtick sucks.

Keith7
05-12-2009, 12:55 AM
Originally posted by Emerson1
I literally ran into lil wayne and devin harris at the game.

Keith your shtick sucks.

not a shtick, its the truth.. The mavs are more annoying now than ever

coach
05-12-2009, 02:13 AM
Originally posted by Keith7
not a shtick, its the truth.. The mavs are more annoying now than ever

but they will never be as annoying as you

Fal44
05-12-2009, 02:41 AM
hope the mavs can at least put some more pressure on the nuggets and win game 5... I doubt they come back in the series, but another win would be nice...

Looking4number8
05-12-2009, 07:14 AM
BOOOOO please let the whiney losers just get eliminated.. They have mastered the art of floppin better than the Italian soccer team.. I love how the refs gave the Mavs the game with the ticky tack fouls at the end.. K-Mart fouled Dirk on that air ball haha yea right.. I like how late the whistle blew because the ref had to make sure the shot wasn't going in before he called the foul.. Good job NBA you have mastered the art of fixing games!

Do you hate "everything Dallas" or Just all Texas sports teams?

Pick6
05-12-2009, 07:37 AM

You say you hate the NBA, why do you watch it then? Just like you calling B.S. on someone the other day, I'm calling B.S. on you hating the NBA.

Oh, and Emerson is right, your shtick really does suck.

garciap77
05-12-2009, 08:01 AM

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/smiley_guy_sticking_out_tongue_lg_c.gif

Farmersfan
05-12-2009, 08:48 AM

I have to completely disagree with this sentiment. The Nuggest got the benefit of the calls in games 1 & 2 to the tune of 3 to 1 and the Nuggets blew the Mavs out. In games 3 & 4 the fouls were called basically even and the Mavs should have won both. I know the Nuggets play physical ball but a foul is a foul regardless of which team commits it. Why should the Nuggets be allowed to get away with fouls because they play physical and the Mavs get called because they are soft??? And if calling the fouls even in games 3 & 4 is what you call "Fixing" the games then I am all for the NBA to "FIX" all games.

waterboy
05-12-2009, 09:09 AM
Is it just me, or has the NBA officiating gotten worse and worse in the last few years? Most of the time you'd expect the calls to even out over the course of a game, or even over the course of a seven game series, but that hasn't been the case in the Mavs/Nuggets series. Poor officiating is something teams have to play through, though, because if you spend your time focusing on the refs, you'll end up losing your composure and losing the game. Did anybody see that punch that Carmelo threw at Wright? He only got a technical because he didn't make contact on the punch was the explanation given. They were looking at the replay on this! He grazed Wright's face! Carmelo had Wright's arm in a deadlock to where Wright couldn't free himself. Carmelo should have been ejected in my opinion. This series should be tied at 2 games apiece, but it's not........ The Mavs have likely lost the fire they need in order to win the series, but if they can forget about the officiating, play a little defense, and quit turning the ball over they can win one in Denver. After that, you never know what can happen. One game at a time, Mavs.......

JasperDog94
05-12-2009, 09:11 AM
Originally posted by Pick6
You say you hate the NBA, why do you watch it then? Just like you calling B.S. on someone the other day, I'm calling B.S. on you hating the NBA.

Oh, and Emerson is right, your shtick really does suck. That's what I was wondering. If he hates the NBA so much, then why is he watching.

If you really want to get into the mind of Keith, just read my sig.;)

pirate4state
05-12-2009, 09:11 AM
:1omg!:

I stopped watching at half. Oh well.

Keith - Like TO says, "I LOVE IT!" :D :D

Pick6
05-12-2009, 09:14 AM
Originally posted by waterboy
Did anybody see that punch that Carmelo threw at Wright? He only got a technical because he didn't make contact on the punch was the explanation given.

It's easy to tell if Carmelo hits someone. He'll run away like a girl if he does.

Pick6
05-12-2009, 09:15 AM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
If you really want to get into the mind of Keith, just read my sig.;)

Why would anyone want to try to get in anything that limited.

waterboy
05-12-2009, 09:21 AM
It's easy to tell if Carmelo hits someone. He'll run away like a girl if he does.
True, but he did graze him, and then backed off like a little girl.:D Just once, I'd like to see somebody lay that punk out.:clap: Denver definitely has the corner marketed on thugs!

Farmersfan
05-12-2009, 09:44 AM
I have officially gotten a new most hated team from all this. I knew that Iverson and J.R. Smith were low lifes but it seems that the attitude has rubbed off on the rest of the thuggetts. How do Carmelo and Nene get such a thug attitude. Neither one of them has ever accomplished a thing. They were the laughing stock of the NBA until Billups came in. Nene dominates Eric Tampier but nobody else. J.R. Smith is a retread who didn't perform well in NO and only had success when he was allowed to thug it up in Denver. The Nuggets act they are the best the NBA has to offer when in truth they were only 4 games better than the Mavs for the season. They don't have anything to strut about yet. I have always hated the Lakers but now I wish nothing more than the Laker to sweep the Nuggets next series. Perhaps that will give them a little humility..........But probably not.

JasperDog94
05-12-2009, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by Farmersfan
I have always hated the Lakers but now I wish nothing more than the Laker to sweep the Nuggets next series. Perhaps that will give them a little humility..........But probably not. Hey, wait a minute. Don't count the rockets out just yet.;)

Keith7
05-12-2009, 12:03 PM
Ok I'll try to address all of you as well as I can..

First, I don't hate ALL teams from Texas. I like the Texas Rangers, Frisco Roughriders, and of course my favorites college sports teams are from the University of North Texas..

I watch the NBA because my friends force me to watch it plus the Rangers were off last night..

People think I joke when I say the NBA is fixed but I'm absolutely serious. Just think about it... First, other than the obvious signs that you see each game there are other things that point to the league being fixed...

The NBA doesn't give the first pick to the team that did the worst the previous year.. This is the only professional sport that does this. They use a freakin lottery to determine draft picks.. Think about that for a second.. The league has the power to determine who drafts where, seems a little fishy to me....

The NBA has no uniform suspension policy. Rondo throws a punch at a player and doesn't get suspended, yet they have suspended players in the past for getting in fights in practice with their own teammates!! Do you still not see how this type of control can be a problem??

NBA refs have ties to gambling.. This is an obvious one, we all know the Donaghy story so I won't get into details, but do you really think this was isolated?? give me a break..

The NBA has corroborated with wrestling before, why do you think it stops there??? Remember in the mid-90's when all but Chicago and New York had trouble selling their arenas out? The NBA went through drastic measures to get more fans, including trying to make the league image more "hip".. Another thing that happened is Dennis Rodman and Karl Malone got into a "feud" on the court, their "feud" carried over to the WCW where they had a couple of pay-per-view matches and later went on the Jay Leno show where they were friends again.. Do you REALLY think that was a real feud on the court?? If the NBA is willing to set something like that up, why wouldn't they set up everything???

All the signs are there, but there is too much money wrapped up in the sport for anybody to expose it..

The thing about mavs fans that annoy me is the fact that they are the BIGGEST bandwagon jumpers I have ever come across.. In the '90s the Mavs had NO fans.. They make the playoffs in the 2000's and everyone claims to be a mavs fan who were fans through the hard times too.. HA give me a break. It happened again this year when they had a mediocre season and lost fans.. they sneak into the playoffs and knock off a beaten and now everyone is a Mavs fan.. I think you can see why I hate the Mavs..

Pick6
05-12-2009, 12:13 PM
Any team that has losing seasons like the Mavs had in the 90's won't have many fans showing up. It happens in all sports. The Yankee's of the 80's didn't sell out their stadium. If you think the Mavs fans are the only fans that do this you need to spend more than 99% of each day trying to be intelligent.

Keith7
05-12-2009, 12:59 PM
Any team that has losing seasons like the Mavs had in the 90's won't have many fans showing up. It happens in all sports. The Yankee's of the 80's didn't sell out their stadium. If you think the Mavs fans are the only fans that do this you need to spend more than 99% of each day trying to be intelligent.

That doesn't explain the fans that went into hiding throughout this season..

Oh and the head coach and owner of the mavs are two of the biggest jackasses in all of sports, which is another good reason to hate the mavs

DDBooger
05-12-2009, 01:12 PM
Speaking of thugs, the fans treatment of Nuggets family wasn't too great, security had to be remove some around them cause they were throwing stuff, beer and lots of profanity. Not to mention the man Cuban is yelling at K-mart's mom that his son is a thug! LOL but then, it's expected from him.

Keith7
05-12-2009, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by DDBooger
Speaking of thugs, the fans treatment of Nuggets family wasn't too great, security had to be remove some around them cause they were throwing stuff, beer and lots of profanity. Not to mention the man Cuban is, yelling at K-mart's mom that his son is a thug! LOL but then, it's expected from him.

No sssssshhhh don't mention this.. Mavs are the best fans ever lol.. Denver players are the thugs haha yea right

Emerson1
05-12-2009, 01:57 PM
Section IX--Punching Fouls
a. Illegal contact called on a player for punching is a personal foul and a team foul. One free throw attempt shall be awarded, regardless of the number of previous fouls in the period. The ball shall be awarded to the offended team out-of-bounds on either side of the court at the free throw line extended whether the free throw is suc-cessful or unsuccessful.
b. Any player who throws a punch, whether it connects or not, has committed an unsportsmanlike act. He will be ejected immediately and suspended for a mini-mum of one game.
c. This rule applies whether play is in progress or the ball is dead.
d. In the case where one punching foul is followed by another, all aspects of the rule are applied in both cases, and the team last offended is awarded possession on the sideline at the free throw line extended in the frontcourt.
e. A fine not exceeding $35,000 and/or suspension may be imposed upon such player(s) by the Commissioner at his sole discretion.

-----

So I wonder if the NBA will come out and say since Carmelo's fist wasn't clinched it wasn't a punch.

Keith7
05-12-2009, 02:07 PM
Section IX--Punching Fouls
a. Illegal contact called on a player for punching is a personal foul and a team foul. One free throw attempt shall be awarded, regardless of the number of previous fouls in the period. The ball shall be awarded to the offended team out-of-bounds on either side of the court at the free throw line extended whether the free throw is suc-cessful or unsuccessful.
b. Any player who throws a punch, whether it connects or not, has committed an unsportsmanlike act. He will be ejected immediately and suspended for a mini-mum of one game.
c. This rule applies whether play is in progress or the ball is dead.
d. In the case where one punching foul is followed by another, all aspects of the rule are applied in both cases, and the team last offended is awarded possession on the sideline at the free throw line extended in the frontcourt.
e. A fine not exceeding $35,000 and/or suspension may be imposed upon such player(s) by the Commissioner at his sole discretion.

-----

So I wonder if the NBA will come out and say since Carmelo's fist wasn't clinched it wasn't a punch.

I doubt anything will happen to them.. they want the nuggets to win the game..

Why wasn't Rondo suspended for the punch he threw at hinrich in their first series??

waterboy
05-12-2009, 02:09 PM
:thinking: I wonder, too. He won't get suspended, nor will he get fined, at least that would be my guess. How could the refs blow that call AFTER looking at it on the replay? They also did not give possession back to the Mavs afterward, either. It was one technical foul shot only. Something is definitely fishy about the officiating in the NBA.

I guess that just because Carmelo Anthony punches open handed like a little girl, he won't get into any kind of trouble. Open-handed, or clinched fist, it shouldn't matter. He actually made contact with Wright's face.

JasperDog94
05-12-2009, 02:45 PM
:thinking: I wonder, too. He won't get suspended, nor will he get fined, at least that would be my guess. How could the refs blow that call AFTER looking at it on the replay? They also did not give possession back to the Mavs afterward, either. It was one technical foul shot only. Something is definitely fishy about the officiating in the NBA.

I guess that just because Carmelo Anthony punches open handed like a little girl, he won't get into any kind of trouble. Open-handed, or clinched fist, it shouldn't matter. He actually made contact with Wright's face. Rafer Alston slapped somebody on the back of the head and he got suspended for a game.

Keith7
05-12-2009, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
Rafer Alston slapped somebody on the back of the head and he got suspended for a game.

NBA only suspends players who don't meet their agenda though

waterboy
05-12-2009, 02:55 PM
NBA only suspends players who don't meet their agenda though
If he doesn't get suspended, I'm with you on that opinion. My guess is he won't. I know you're not a Mavs fan, but you have to admit they've gotten the worst end of some poor officiating.

Farmersfan
05-12-2009, 03:18 PM
That doesn't explain the fans that went into hiding throughout this season..

Oh and the head coach and owner of the mavs are two of the biggest jackasses in all of sports, which is another good reason to hate the mavs

I think perhaps you need to do a little studying and stop hatin'. The Mavs now have sold out an NBA-best 317 straight home games and last night registered their 41st consecutive home playoff sellout. This record beats most NBA teams by a long, long, long margin.
And I am ashamed of how some of the Mavs fans acted last night towards the Nuggets fans but don't be stupid enough to think that only happens here. The Dallas fans were dealt misery in Denver for two games and it will be even worse in the next game. Also if you feel the way you feel about the NBA then you should support Cuban because if anyone can change the NBA it will be him. On the one hand you bitch about how the NBA operates and then you hate a owner because he goes after the NBA to change things. I think you hate because of the name Dallas regardless of what team it is.

Emerson1
05-12-2009, 03:21 PM

The ball doesn't change hands on a technical. It was the nuggets ball because Wright fouled Anthony.

Emerson1
05-12-2009, 03:22 PM
On the one hand you bitch about how the NBA operates and then you hate a owner because he goes after the NBA to change things. I think you hate because of the name Dallas regardless of what team it is.
Owned

Keith7
05-12-2009, 03:26 PM
I think perhaps you need to do a little studying and stop hatin'. The Mavs now have sold out an NBA-best 317 straight home games and last night registered their 41st consecutive home playoff sellout. This record beats most NBA teams by a long, long, long margin.
And I am ashamed of how some of the Mavs fans acted last night towards the Nuggets fans but don't be stupid enough to think that only happens here. The Dallas fans were dealt misery in Denver for two games and it will be even worse in the next game. Also if you feel the way you feel about the NBA then you should support Cuban because if anyone can change the NBA it will be him. On the one hand you bitch about how the NBA operates and then you hate a owner because he goes after the NBA to change things. I think you hate because of the name Dallas regardless of what team it is.

Yea tickets to mavs games are cheaper than almost any other NBA arena too.. sell outs are great but I'm talking about the general public.. Hardly anybody cared about the mavs, nobo I didn't hear people talking about them at the water cooler or in the halls this year..

Mark Cuban is a whiny 40 year old brat and mavs fans obsess over him because he is so passionate but in realitly he is just a child who cries when he doesn't get his way.. He doesn't want change for the sake of the game he wants change for the sake of his well being. Big difference

Keith7
05-12-2009, 03:28 PM
Yea tickets to mavs games are cheaper than almost any other NBA arena too.. sell outs are great but I'm talking about the general public.. Hardly anybody cared about the mavs, nobo I didn't hear people talking about them at the water cooler or in the halls this year..

Mark Cuban is a whiny 40 year old brat and mavs fans obsess over him because he is so passionate but in realitly he is just a child who cries when he doesn't get his way.. He doesn't want change for the sake of the game he wants change for the sake of his well being. Big difference

owned

waterboy
05-12-2009, 03:33 PM
The ball doesn't change hands on a technical. It was the nuggets ball because Wright fouled Anthony.
That's my point though. Carmelo clutched Wright's arm under his armpit and came down with it still in a deadlock. He couldn't get his arm free, yet they called the foul on Wright. It was a bad call all the way around. Not to mention, it should've been an offensive foul and a technical foul on Carmelo, which would've given possession back to the Mavs after the technical free throw.

Texasfootball2
05-12-2009, 03:34 PM

I have to totally disagree with you. The Ticky Tacky calls were on the so called "Flagrant Fouls". Total BS. Heck half of the fouls that Denver committs are more flagrant than any of those they were calling on the Mavs. Example: Game One, first quater, Kinon Martin throws a "flagrant elbow" with the only intent was to but Dirk on his tush and no flagrant. One of those flagrant calls last night should have actually been a NO CALL after looking at the replay, much less a flagrant.

An Carmello Anthony should have been called for at least three charging fouls and the last one may have been closer to a flagrant foul than any of the ones called in the game, yes, I'm talking about the one where he lowered his shoulder and sent Berrea flying.

This is the worst officiated series in the history of the NBA, and I think that the MAVS have gotten the short end of the stick, not Denver.

Farmersfan
05-12-2009, 03:41 PM
If he doesn't get suspended, I'm with you on that opinion. My guess is he won't. I know you're not a Mavs fan, but you have to admit they've gotten the worst end of some poor officiating.

I have heard some reports that in Denver the fans are rabid because they feel their Nuggets have been screwed by the refs! Can you imagine how any fan could get that idea from these games????? weird huh?

Keith7
05-12-2009, 03:43 PM
I have heard some reports that in Denver the fans are rabid because they feel their Nuggets have been screwed by the refs! Can you imagine how any fan could get that idea from these games????? weird huh?

Take of your green and silver shaded glasses and maybe you'd understand

I also love how the mavs dropped confetti after the game like they won the championship haha way to go! 3-1!!

Emerson1
05-12-2009, 03:45 PM
If Mavericks tickets are so cheap, I feel bad for the other teams with greedy owners who only care about making money. Because we paid $44 for center court upper level tickets that were 7 rows from the top.

Keith7
05-12-2009, 03:46 PM
If Mavericks tickets are so cheap, I feel bad for the other teams with greedy owners who only care about making money. Because we paid $44 for center court upper level tickets that were 7 rows from the top.

2nd round of the playoffs.. nice try

Emerson1
05-12-2009, 03:46 PM

I also love how the mavs dropped confetti after the game like they won the championship haha way to go! 3-1!!
Uhm, almost every team in the league does this after a playoff win.

The lakers do this after EVERY game, playoff and regular season.

Farmersfan
05-12-2009, 03:48 PM

So because Mavs fans stopped talking to you around the water cooler it means all their fans are down on them???? How many water coolers do you hang around? And hell, I don't even know you and I don't want to talk to you around the water cooler. And I think Cuban is closer to 50 and all he ever asked for was the referees to be held accountable for their calls. Pretty much the same thing you have been bitching about..........:D :D

Emerson1
05-12-2009, 03:48 PM
2nd round of the playoffs.. nice try
They are $35 during the regular season.

Keith7
05-12-2009, 03:51 PM
They are $35 during the regular season.

7 rows from the top?? That seems like it would be in the $9 dollar range

http://www.nba.com/media/mavericks/0809_Pricing_1.gif

waterboy
05-12-2009, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by Texasfootball2
I have to totally disagree with you. The Ticky Tacky calls were on the so called "Flagrant Fouls". Total BS. Heck half of the fouls that Denver committs are more flagrant than any of those they were calling on the Mavs. Example: Game One, first quater, Kinon Martin throws a "flagrant elbow" with the only intent was to but Dirk on his tush and no flagrant. One of those flagrant calls last night should have actually been a NO CALL after looking at the replay, much less a flagrant.

An Carmello Anthony should have been called for at least three charging fouls and the last one may have been closer to a flagrant foul than any of the ones called in the game, yes, I'm talking about the one where he lowered his shoulder and sent Berrea flying.

This is the worst officiated series in the history of the NBA, and I think that the MAVS have gotten the short end of the stick, not Denver.
It's definitely one of the 2 worst officiated series I've ever seen, the second being the finals in '06. The officiating in the NBA is worse than in any other sport, that's for sure. The Denver Thuggets are allowed to play their physical brand of basketball, which would be fine if they would allow the Mavericks to be physical also. If the Mavericks get physical, it's a foul and sometimes even flagrant, but when the Thuggets do the same thing, it's not. I don't care how they call the game, and I don't think most Maverick fans do either, just call it one way, or the other, consistently. That's not too much to ask in my opinion.

Farmersfan
05-12-2009, 03:53 PM

I'm pretty sure the fouls have been called in favor of the Nuggets in all 4 games of this series. How is that screwing the Nuggets?

Keith7
05-12-2009, 03:54 PM
It's definitely one of the 2 worst officiated series I've ever seen, the second be the finals in '06. The officiating in the NBA is worse than in any other sport, that's for sure. The Denver Thuggets are allowed to play their physical brand of basketball, which would be fine if they would allow the Mavericks to be physical also. If the Mavericks get physical, it's a foul and sometimes even flagrant, but when the Thuggets do the same thing, it's not. I don't care how they call the game, and I don't think most Maverick fans do either, just call it one way, or the other, consistently. That's not too much to ask in my opinion.

lol is it just a coincidence that the Mavs were in both of the two worst officiated series you ever saw??

And Thuggets?? please.. I think it was the mavs fans and players who were the thugs last night

waterboy
05-12-2009, 04:05 PM
lol is it just a coincidence that the Mavs were in both of the two worst officiated series you ever saw??

And Thuggets?? please.. I think it was the mavs fans and players who were the thugs last night
:thinking: Coincidence? Hmmmm? Maybe? Naawww! I just happen to watch the Mavericks more than any other team. That could have something to do with it......:thinking: It stands to reason that if you watch one team more than any other you'll be able to see things like this happen. Maybe you need to take off those green and silver glasses so you can see what the rest of world sees.;) From now on, I'm gonna refer to the Denver NBA team as the "Thuggets", which is exactly what I've seen from them.:thumbsup:

crzyjournalist03
05-12-2009, 04:20 PM
7 rows from the top?? That seems like it would be in the $9 dollar range

http://www.nba.com/media/mavericks/0809_Pricing_1.gif

That's season pricing. Season ticket holders get breaks on pricing.

Keith7
05-12-2009, 04:26 PM
that has single game prices (which is what the average "mavs fan" buys) on them to show you the differences in the prices..

Not to mention that you can prolly get those $9 seats on stubhub for $5 or less during the regular season

Emerson1
05-12-2009, 04:43 PM
section 310. $35 for an upper level ticket is still pretty ridiculous.

Emerson1
05-12-2009, 04:44 PM
that has single game prices (which is what the average "mavs fan" buys) on them to show you the differences in the prices..

Not to mention that you can prolly get those $9 seats on stubhub for $5 or less during the regular season
You can. But with every transaction you pay $10-$15 for shipping or pickup at the sterling bank so it evens out in terms of what you pay.

Bull's-eye
05-12-2009, 05:06 PM
section 310. $35 for an upper level ticket is still pretty ridiculous.

Never been to this arena, are those seats very high or too far from the action? I sit in the upper level of the Toyota Center close to center court. Our tickets were $29 for a 14 game package and I think they drop to $24-26 for the full season.

Emerson1
05-12-2009, 05:12 PM
At the AAC the upper level is split into two different levels. It's like A-C then the top part is D-N/S depending on what side you are on.

http://img149.imageshack.us/img149/1116/seats.jpg

green dot and up is $35 or less

PHS Wildcats
05-12-2009, 08:00 PM
It's funny how Mavs fans are quick to call a team that is more physical that the "Charmin Tissue Mavs", Thugs:clap:

Emerson1
05-12-2009, 08:41 PM
The truth is out. Now we know what Cuban truly did to Kmarts mom, because Kmart confirms himself what Cuban is.

********OFFENSIVE LANGUAGE**********
http://www.nbcdfw.com/sports/basketball/K-Mart_Calls_Cuban_Fa__ot_Mother____er_Dallas-Fort_Worth.html
also. Melos girl had to be escorted away because she was throwing punches
http://www.nbcdfw.com/sports/basketball/Melo_s_Girl_Escorted_Away_From_Courtside_Dallas-Fort_Worth.html

Keith7
05-12-2009, 09:02 PM
The truth is out. Now we know what Cuban truly did to Kmarts mom, because Kmart confirms himself what Cuban is.

********OFFENSIVE LANGUAGE**********
http://www.nbcdfw.com/sports/basketball/K-Mart_Calls_Cuban_Fa__ot_Mother____er_Dallas-Fort_Worth.html
also. Melos girl had to be escorted away because she was throwing punches
http://www.nbcdfw.com/sports/basketball/Melo_s_Girl_Escorted_Away_From_Courtside_Dallas-Fort_Worth.html

haha he is only speaking the truth!! We all know Cuban is in the closet

If someone disrespects my family like Cuban did, I would probably calling him a lot worse things than that..

Keith7
05-12-2009, 09:04 PM
haha that is what you call throwing punches??!? I'm sure she was provoked by the classless mavs fans that everyone has been talking about today

Emerson1
05-12-2009, 09:07 PM
haha he is only speaking the truth!! We all know Cuban is in the closet

If someone disrespects my family like Cuban did, I would probably calling him a lot worse things than that..
How can you be that first word, but also be that second word? Oxymoron.

That it why kmart is so bad, cuban performed that 2nd bad word on kmarts mom.

----

Ok she wasn't throwing punches, she was throwing beer on people. Every website I have read including a non-dfw/denver site which was TMZ is even saying she started it.

Txbroadcaster
05-12-2009, 09:11 PM
haha that is what you call throwing punches??!? I'm sure she was provoked by the classless mavs fans that everyone has been talking about today

This coming from a Philly Eagle Fan

I personally wish Dallas fans WOULD be more classless in all sports, we have some of the quietest fanbase in pro sports

bandera7
05-13-2009, 08:07 AM
You know, with all the talk of the worst officiated series in history, I for one have not forgotten the Mavericks-Rockets series in I believe 2005, when the Rockets had a 2-0 lead. Maybe it was 03, I cant remember the exact date. But the fouls that were being called in that series were the most ridiculous things I have ever seen. Yao got stuff called on him for not going for the block...he wouldnt even make contact and it was a foul. Also, refs were blowing easy stupid calls, like when Finley saved the ball from out of bounds.

The NBA refs will have to try mighty hard to ever do worse than that series. The Mavs got a gift that year, because the NBA so badly wanted a Mavs vs. Nash rematch.

Txbroadcaster
05-13-2009, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by bandera7
You know, with all the talk of the worst officiated series in history, I for one have not forgotten the Mavericks-Rockets series in I believe 2005, when the Rockets had a 2-0 lead. Maybe it was 03, I cant remember the exact date. But the fouls that were being called in that series were the most ridiculous things I have ever seen. Yao got stuff called on him for not going for the block...he wouldnt even make contact and it was a foul. Also, refs were blowing easy stupid calls, like when Finley saved the ball from out of bounds.

The NBA refs will have to try mighty hard to ever do worse than that series. The Mavs got a gift that year, because the NBA so badly wanted a Mavs vs. Nash rematch.

Is that how you remember it?

because in the series actually was pretty even fT wise

Dallas had ONE game that they had a huge FT difference they shot 42 in that game compared to 20 for the Rockets...BUT that was game one..the Rockets won that game

Dallas did have another one it was a 13 FT difference and they did win that one

Dallas FT for series 209
Houston 191

So it is not like Dallas was shooting 20 more FT every game

basically it averages out to Dallas shooting 29 FT a game and Houston shooting 27 FT a game and that is with the game one difference of almost 20 FT, in again a game Houston actually won

bandera7
05-13-2009, 09:13 PM
It doesnt matter to me how many times a team gets to the line. If one team fouls another 20 times, they should get the appropriate amount of free throws. If another team fouls the other 4 times, they should also get the appropriate amount for 4 fouls. They were creating ghost fouls for the Maverics...Yao would not touch a person and get a foul called. They would call reaching on nothing. It was ridiculous. Some teams are just better at getting to the foul line. That number doesnt mean a thing to me.

Farmersfan
05-14-2009, 07:54 AM
It doesnt matter to me how many times a team gets to the line. If one team fouls another 20 times, they should get the appropriate amount of free throws. If another team fouls the other 4 times, they should also get the appropriate amount for 4 fouls. They were creating ghost fouls for the Maverics...Yao would not touch a person and get a foul called. They would call reaching on nothing. It was ridiculous. Some teams are just better at getting to the foul line. That number doesnt mean a thing to me.

If you consider that most foul calls (or no calls) are subjective to start with then your argument doesn't hold water. And I have yet to watch a NBA game where there were not at least a couple of dozen "NO-CALLS" so I would imagine it evened out. You sound like the Nugget fans who think their team got screwed by the refs even though THEY got the benefit of the foul calls. Did you see some of the reactions of the Nuggets last night to obvious foul calls that they commited? It's almost as bad a Tim Duncan and his look of total disbelief when he gets called. I hope the Lakers sweep the Nuggets................

bandera7
05-14-2009, 09:23 AM
I actually do not like the Nuggets. It just makes me laugh to hear this referred to as the worst officiated series ever, because I still remember that series vividly.

And all fouls are subjective. My argument still holds water because of the amount of stupid fouls called on the Rockets. When the refs choose to call a bunch of stupid fouls on one team only, that is awful. Honestly I dont like the rockets either. I got to watch that one from a completely objective viewpoint, and I saw the mavericks receive a large gift from the NBA officiating crew.

Farmersfan
05-14-2009, 12:31 PM
I actually do not like the Nuggets. It just makes me laugh to hear this referred to as the worst officiated series ever, because I still remember that series vividly.

And all fouls are subjective. My argument still holds water because of the amount of stupid fouls called on the Rockets. When the refs choose to call a bunch of stupid fouls on one team only, that is awful. Honestly I dont like the rockets either. I got to watch that one from a completely objective viewpoint, and I saw the mavericks receive a large gift from the NBA officiating crew.

If the refs miss 10 fouls that the Rockets DID commit and called 10 bogus fouls that they DID NOT commit then aren't we back to even?????? A real foul could truthfully and accurately be called on almost every single play of the game so the only fair outcome is to have the foul calls be even or as close to even as possible when the dust finally settles. If the calls are lopsided one way or the other then i think the refs changed the outcome of the game........

Farmersfan
05-14-2009, 12:34 PM

The 06' finals were a better example of bad officiating than what you are claiming. D. Wade had more free throw attempts by himself than the entire Maverick team put together...................

Maroon87
05-14-2009, 12:43 PM
My personal opinion is that through his constant complaining and other histrionics that Cuban has created a persecution complex that many Mavs fans have bought into 100%.

It always seems to be somebody else's fault with some of you when the Mavs lose.

Just my .$02...

Farmersfan
05-14-2009, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by Maroon87
My personal opinion is that through his constant complaining and other histrionics that Cuban has created a persecution complex that many Mavs fans have bought into 100%.

It always seems to be somebody else's fault with some of you when the Mavs lose.

Just my .$02...

That's only one of the hundreds of things that Cuban did for the fans of this franchise. And I can't speak for all other Mavs fans but I do think there is persecution when the foul calls are really lopsided. Whether intentional or not the refs create a unfair disadvantage for the team on the short end of the stick. Games 1 & 2 in Denver were called 3 to 1 in favor of the Nuggets and the Nuggets blew the Mavs out. Excuses were given that the Nuggets play a more physical game but common sense would dictate that the more physical team should have MORE fouls than the less physical team. That logic indicates that the refs will allow a more physcial team to get away with fouls than they will a less physical team. And that also is wrong.