PDA

View Full Version : Congrats from Bridge City BB

Old Cardinal
05-11-2009, 09:44 PM
Congrats to Cuero on the win. The Bridge City Cardinals are looking forward to an exciting warm-up game with you folks prior to playoffs starting.

If BC gets by Cameron Yoe on the 18th; then guess what? We get to play the #2 team Longview Spring Hill next up in the Region III brackets.

See you folks in Humble on Thursday the 14th of May....Hopefully this will start a tradition of good teams across the state traveling distances between Regions to get viable warm-up games.

When do you get to play Sinton down in Region IV? They are quite good.

44INAROW
05-11-2009, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by Old Cardinal

When do you get to play Sinton down in Region IV? They are quite good.

1st off - welcome back Old Cardinal ;)

I sure wish I could make the game Thursday, but work obligations will keep me in beautiful downtown Cuero that day :( (Trying to conserve my PTO days :p) Don't you know the atmosphere is going to be electric :)

in Re: Sinton - the Gobblers are taking it one game at a time.. Can't think that far ahead. Got a tough game between either the Brahmas from Bellville or the Tigers from Wharton.. Wonder where that game will be played?

Good Luck to the Cardinals in the playoffs and safe travels to Humble.:)

areacode337
05-12-2009, 09:14 AM
Bellville/Wharton game in Weimar....Thursday, Friday and Saturday...7:30/7:30/2:00

Old Cardinal
05-12-2009, 12:19 PM
To 44: This could end up a slug-fest~~~BC has a playoff game on the following Monday and might very well not Pitch their three Aces. I am very sure that Cuero has to take the pending playoff game schedule into consideration also.
But what a workout for the defenses!

Old Green
05-12-2009, 01:17 PM
To 44: This could end up a slug-fest~~~BC has a playoff game on the following Monday and might very well not Pitch their three Aces. I am very sure that Cuero has to take the pending playoff game schedule into consideration also.
But what a workout for the defenses! Pretty sure the coach is taking it into consideration. Boothe, Smith, Goebel, or Arndt are all capable of getting the job done. It's going to be a great game Old Card.:thumbsup:

Old Cardinal
05-12-2009, 02:52 PM
Good to hear from you....Who does Cuero open with in the playoffs and when/where will the game be played?

44INAROW
05-12-2009, 03:04 PM
Who does Cuero open with in the playoffs and when/where will the game be played?
Cuero will play the winner of the Bellville/Wharton series (which is being played Thurs, Friday and Sat of this week) I think the Cuero/? game will be early next week. No word on a venue yet.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Cuero vs Bridge City - Humble High School
Distance from Cuero
Total Estimated Time: 2 hours 53 minutes
Total Estimated Distance: 165.68 miles

Distance from Bridge City
Total Estimated Time: 1 hour 56 minutes
Total Estimated Distance: 108.11 miles

How accurate is this? Being a work night, I am not able to make the trip but I am hoping there are quite a few Gobbler fans making the trip.. I heard via the grapevine that BC will be bringing 1/2 the town :p

pirate4state
05-12-2009, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
Cuero will play the winner of the Bellville/Wharton series (which is being played Thurs, Friday and Sat of this week) I think the Cuero/? game will be early next week. No word on a venue yet.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Cuero vs Bridge City - Humble High School
Distance from Cuero
Total Estimated Time: 2 hours 53 minutes
Total Estimated Distance: 165.68 miles

Distance from Bridge City
Total Estimated Time: 1 hour 56 minutes
Total Estimated Distance: 108.11 miles

How accurate is this? Being a work night, I am not able to make the trip but I am hoping there are quite a few Gobbler fans making the trip.. I heard via the grapevine that BC will be bringing 1/2 the town :p

What sucks is that the district winners have to play a one game playoff game.

We are playing ours next Monday.

44INAROW
05-12-2009, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
What sucks is that the district winners have to play a one game playoff game.

We are playing ours next Monday.
I know that's right.. this entire situation sucks. oh well, gotta play with the cards dealt. ;)

Old Cardinal
05-12-2009, 04:48 PM
To 44: Sorry they ended up with an hours difference on travel time. As I understand it-- they really had to scramble to even find an adequate place to play the game after the cancellation at Baseball USA(our 3A game was bumped for a local Houston 5A playoff game).

Wish you could have been in attendance we would have like to have met you.

I like the name 44~~~~~~There is a tombstone out in a dusty town out West.

"Here lies Clarence Moore: took three slugs from a 44" :eek:

tigerfan09
05-12-2009, 08:32 PM
Everyone here is already counting Cameron Yoe out...Bridge City isn't getting a free pass...Cameron Yoe - Bridge City final score, in 8 innings. 3-2...

44INAROW
05-12-2009, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by tigerfan09
Everyone here is already counting Cameron Yoe out...Bridge City isn't getting a free pass...Cameron Yoe - Bridge City final score, in 8 innings. 3-2...

what are you talking about?:doh:

Lt. Maverick
05-12-2009, 11:32 PM
I was thinking the same thing....how did this go from Cuero vs BC to Cameron Yoe?

Good luck to 2 of the best teams in Texas as they face off Thursday! Should be a great one

tigerfan09
05-13-2009, 09:13 PM
Ummm...because the warmup between Cuero and Bridge City doesn't mean anything. What means something is what is happening on Monday night at Baseball USA when Cameron Yoe takes out Bridge City!

Lt. Maverick
05-13-2009, 10:13 PM
trust me i've seen these two teams play and it WILL mean something to those players. 44inarow can u give updates?

44INAROW
05-13-2009, 10:30 PM
Originally posted by Lt. Maverick
trust me i've seen these two teams play and it WILL mean something to those players. 44inarow can u give updates?

I will be sitting at the computer - receiving updates via text and posting as I get them.. In case I don't get them posted here - be sure to check out gobblersports.com I am forwarding any updates I get to the webmaster at gobblersports and he's going to post "live updates" there........ I will try to post here too