PDA

View Full Version : Metroplex Pro Sports Mediocrity

Bullaholic
05-11-2009, 04:39 PM
Pro sports franchise mediocrity seems to have found a home in the Metroplex. At least the Rangers are leading their division right now. That prospect in the near future for the Mavs, Cowboys, and Stars---not so much. I hope I am wrong---DFW needs to return to the "glory" days of 3 Super Bowl wins, NBA Championship games, and Stanley Cup wins.

crzyjournalist03
05-11-2009, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
Pro sports franchise mediocrity seems to have found a home in the Metroplex. At least the Rangers are leading their division right now. That prospect in the near future for the Mavs, Cowboys, and Stars---not so much. I hope I am wrong---DFW needs to return to the "glory" days of 3 Super Bowl wins, NBA Championship games, and Stanley Cup wins.

Cowboys have the potential to be on top, but their division is loaded.

Mavericks are headed south barring some big roster changes.

Stars just need to get healthy. If Brenden Morrow, Brad Richards, and Sergei Zubov return healthy next year, they could absolutely challenge for the Cup.

kepdawg
05-11-2009, 09:30 PM
There's a reason it has been referred to as Loserville.

Keith7
05-11-2009, 09:38 PM
Cowboys suck and always will
Mavericks suck
FC Dallas suck
Rangers 1st place.. jump on the bandwagon

Bullaholic
05-12-2009, 09:08 AM
Originally posted by Keith7
Cowboys suck and always will
Mavericks suck
FC Dallas suck
Rangers 1st place.. jump on the bandwagon

Why, Keith----you really surprise me with this post....:rolleyes:

You better make sure those Dirty Birds of yours drink extra pickle juice before next season's Cowboys games.

carter08
05-12-2009, 10:34 AM
dullas sucks.

crygirls and tony homo suck.
dirky and the mavvies suck.
rangers are sooo overrated.

Bullaholic
05-12-2009, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by carter08
dullas sucks.

crygirls and tony homo suck.
dirky and the mavvies suck.
rangers are sooo overrated.

Thank you for that excellent "middle school" opinion, carter. Now stick your thumbs in you ears, wave your fingers, and say---"Nana Nana, boo boo."

carter08
05-12-2009, 10:42 AM
Thank you for that excellent "middle school" opinion, carter. Now stick your thumbs in you ears, wave your fingers, and say---"Nana Nana, boo boo."

nana nana boo boo.

Bullaholic
05-12-2009, 10:51 AM
One of the things about the Cowboys and Mavs that I have always wanted to discuss on the board is the "finese" team moniker that seems to be hung on both teams by the media and many fans. Why is it that both the Cowboys and Mavs seem to be thought of as less than tough and physical around the leagues when it comes to crunch time?

I would love to see the Cowboys score a few touchdowns on the ground without ever throwing a pass in the drive or maybe, Dirk Nowitski get in somebody's face, but I know that is unlikely. Still both teams have to endure a kind of "sissy" image in the minds of some. What do you think? Is this true?
Do the teams need to actively try to change this?

Sweetwater Red
05-12-2009, 11:01 AM
Bull tell me you knew this was coming.

carter08
05-12-2009, 11:03 AM
One of the things about the Cowboys and Mavs that I have always wanted to discuss on the board is the "finese" team moniker that seems to be hung on both teams by the media and many fans. Why is it that both the Cowboys and Mavs seem to be thought of as less than tough and physical around the leagues when it comes to crunch time?

I would love to see the Cowboys score a few touchdowns on the ground without ever throwing a pass in the drive or maybe, Dirk Nowitski get in somebody's face, but I know that is unlikely. Still both teams have to endure a kind of "sissy" image in the minds of some. What do you think? Is this true?
Do the teams need to actively try to change this?

With the Cowboys, it's probably because, after the rougher days in the 90s, they've settled down. There's no Emmitt to run over defenders anymore. They have to rely more on passing, and with Witten and (until now) Owens, they could get by without being physical.

With the Mavs, they just haven't had the players to be physical. They aren't big inside, Dampier isn't a dominant center, so they have to work more on guard play. Plus, look at their last few coaches. Don Nelson is known for his guard play, and Avery Johnson learned from Don. Maybe that will change with Carlisle.

Bullaholic
05-12-2009, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
Bull tell me you knew this was coming.

I knew this was coming....I just hope these teams get off their butts and get back to the days of "Doomsday" and truly represenative and deserving of the nickname
"America's Team".

Sweetwater Red
05-12-2009, 11:13 AM
I knew this was coming....I just hope these teams get off their butts and get back to the days of "Doomsday" and truly represenative and deserving of the nickname
"America's Team".

I thought maybe you were missing Keith7.:D

LHexPlayer
05-12-2009, 11:19 AM
The Rangers will just break your heart. Don't even bother with them.

Bullaholic
05-12-2009, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
I thought maybe you were missing Keith7.:D

I like posting with Keith because he thinks he is irritating me about the Cowboys, and he is consistently Keith.